Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: For Best Fight

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto, Naruto vs. Pain

33 25.98%
  • Naruto, Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End

30 23.62%
  • Vinland Saga, Thorkkell's duel with Thorrfinn

15 11.81%
  • Vagabond, Miyamoto Musashi (Shinmen Takezo) vs Yoshioka School

29 22.83%
  • Hajime no Ippo , Takamura Mamoru VS Brian Hawk

20 15.75%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Fight

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Fight

Naruto, Naruto vs. Pain

Naruto, Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End

Vinland Saga, Thorkkell's duel with Thorrfinn

Vagabond, Miyamoto Musashi (Shinmen Takezo) vs Yoshioka School

Hajime no Ippo , Takamura Mamoru VS Brian Hawk
    Last edited by saladesu; January 12, 2011 at 03:08 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member street_san's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Fight

Definetely Naruto vs Pain for me.

1. It was this fight who put the main character into an whole other level compare to the others protagonists in the story. This fight leveled up Naruto into a top-class ninja.

2. Despite showing how epic Naruto can be in a fight, this battle also strengthen the resolve of Naruto. It made him grow into a man, and made him stop thinking like a kid. For once, he had to face hatred and pain to the max, and suffered extreme negative emotions. He learned how to dealt with them and how to grow with those emotions...something he lacked off, imo since the beginning of the series. Listening and understanding Pain point of view and coming with an answer of his own, like I said, made him grow into a man and a real shinobi.

3. Well, the abilities Naruto have shown in this fight were just plainly amazing. He showed how someone can benefit to the maximum of a simple jutsu, and how the simpliest of the technique can be deadly if use correctly.

4. The epic entrance he made helped too :P
    Pride Supporter of the Buggy joining Luffy's crew
    Pride Supporter of those who become emotional when they finish a manga or an anime

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Valley at the End (Naruto: kid Naruto vs kid Sasuke).

this was just epic, and a long battle too. speaking of epic,
    Spoiler show

naruto vs pain, was cool, but I don't know why, but I didn't find it that epic.

I actually thought Jaryia vs pain was wholly more epic, but that battle didn't make it here lol. Which is good, as it would be very hard for me to (again) choose between Valley at the End and jaryia vs pain, lol.

unfrotunately, I don't know any of the other choices, so I had to omit them from consideration.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 12, 2011 at 03:19 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's either Thorfinn vs Thorkell in Vinland Saga or Musashi vs Yoshioka school.
    Thorfinn vs Thorkell produced at least two ultimately epic moments
    (pages from left to right, panels from right to left °_°)
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/3...lthorfinnu.jpg
    http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7...finnfliegt.jpg

I got to say that Naruto versus Pain wasn't bad indeed, one of the best moments of Naruto.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously didn't think Naruto vs. Pain was that good. Valley of the end felt more intense, but I didn't vote for that either. My choice was between Takezo vs. Yoshioka school and Thorrfinn vs. Thorkell.

Vagabond scene was just amazing, Inoue does a splendid job in drawing his fights. However, I chose Thorrfinn vs. Thorkkell. That was just epic, a well executed David vs. Goliath. It had a very intense feel, and the two pictures Roflkopt3r speak for their own.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose the Vagabond one...while not the best fight in the manga, I think it easily tops the others...it was prolonged, it had interesting turn points...not just one fight, but rather a whole conflict...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darkp's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose Pain vs Naruto . It has "OMG" moments like Hinata confession , kyuubi and sage mode moments, and ofc chapter 439 ,Yondaime's epic entrance which is best moment/chapter in my book(Everything was looking lost untill that entrance . Pein seem untstoppable, konoha got trashed by simply pein, naruto and old frogs used everything but pain could overcome those and had the advantage , on top of those naruto lost control and almost release kyuubi .At that point, it seemed to be no one could save the day , but kishi gave us, a perfect answer and everything was safe when we saw 4th coat) . And fight itself resolved very well . It all started with ero-sennin and end with his precious momento .
    Last edited by Darkp; January 12, 2011 at 10:09 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hate to make blind choice. I haven't read vinland saga, and i have intentionally lagged behind in Vagabond so that i don't end up catching up to it. While i really really liked naruto vs pain...i still don't think it couldn't have been better, unlike the itachi twist in plot twist category.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Weirdly , the two fights from naruto are far from being my favs from naruto.
    I prefer Rock lee vs Gaara, Zabuza vs Team 7, Rock lee & Gaara vs Kimimaro, Sasori vs Sakura & Chiyo, ...

Naruto vs Sasuke was a "power showdown". No strategy, just raw power.
    Naruto vs Pein: I never liked Pein ... so it's not helping.

I wanted to vote for Vagabond because that fight is epic, long, well drawn, ... I don't remember how many opponents he was fighting but he simply beat them all. And despites the fact that he did beat so many opponents, it was still plausible.

But in the end, I gave my vote to HNI: You really feel the violence of each blow. It was intense. Just look at this:
    Spoiler show

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Takamura vs. Hawk is the best battle in Ippo, and ranks pretty damn high on my all-time list too. It's just that I've only seen the anime version of it.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my doubts between vagabond and vinland saga. I gave my vote in favour of latter one because I prefer short intense one vs one fights more than the longer intense one vs school fight. Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. I do not say that vagabond's fight was bad. It was a true page turner which I enjoyed a lot, but the first encounter between Thorkell and Thorfinn was promising in a way that I carved for another battle between these two warriors.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I see the clash of Musashi and the Yoshioka school leagues above the other fights. It was such an important event in Vagabond and led to another great development in Musashi's character. (Resulting in his severe injury and marking the initial turning point of Musashi trying to break the spiral of killing he was caught in...)
    Apart from that it was such a deep scene with quite a nice philosophical character. It's not like Musashi slaughtered nameless minions and the whole thing was all badass and what not. Each fighter had a lifestory and personality but all that was put to an end by the sword of Musashi.

As for the other entries:
    I wholeheartedly agree with zelllogan with what he said about the Naruto fights. There are battles (mainly in Part I of the story) that I enjoyed much, much more. Especially Naruto vs. Pain was a turn off for me...

I liked the fight from Ippo a lot. Definitely the best pick from the series and an intense match to say the least. But in the end I'm not that big on Ippo in general.

As for the Vinland Saga entry, I can't say I was really into that fight. I do like the David VS Goliath character of their clash but that's about it. I enjoyed some other fights more. (Askeladd vs. Thors for example, since it had heavier influence on the story and characters.) Plus, I'm still not sure to date of what to think of the scene where Thorfinn is skyrocketed by Thorkell's kick... I mean, Vinland Saga has this super realistic touch in almost every aspect of the story and suddenly we got that scene. It felt to me like some sorta breach under that premise.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Personally, I see the clash of Musashi and the Yoshioka school leagues above the other fights. It was such an important event in Vagabond and led to another great development in Musashi's character. (Resulting in his severe injury and marking the initial turning point of Musashi trying to break the spiral of killing he was caught in...)
    Apart from that it was such a deep scene with quite a nice philosophical character. It's not like Musashi slaughtered nameless minions and the whole thing was all badass and what not. Each fighter had a lifestory and personality but all that was put to an end by the sword of Musashi.
    It is indeed an extraordinary league and it led to some character development but the only thing which disturbed me is the surrealism in this fight. Taking out a school is possible when the amount of opponents isn't too high. I enjoyed it a lot but it really disturbed me that it looked like he was fighting +30 persons. Okay he got cuts, he got wounded but the surrealism was too overwhelming. The fight thorkell vs thorfinn was in my opinion more realistic because it was short, intense one on one fight in which spectators respected the will of two warriors and cheered for the fighter and their fight.
    Last edited by Koen; January 12, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

About the surrealism of the situation: The manga losely follows the actually existent legend of Miyamoto Musashi. Inoue's manga is based on a novel, which again is based on that legend. So it's not been a choice beeing made by Inoue, the unlikeliness of that situation was pre-determined for him.

I think he made the most possibly realistic scenario of it. One of the Yoshioka even admitted that they fought bad and didn't coordinate well (I think he said it was of respect and fear of the strong fighter Musashi).

However, ultimately I decided for Vinland Saga here. Even though Musashi vs Yoshioka was amazing, it lacked highlight moments while Thorfinn vs Thorkell contains several even.
    I also think that Vagabond had better fights than that (and will have if Inoue should continue it and ever show Kojiro versus Musashi!). Such as Musashi versus Seijuro or versus Shishido Baiken, or Kojiro's fight against the soldiers in the aftermath of the battle of Sekigahara.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zura113's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

The only choices I had was both the fights in Naruto because I never tried the others, so I had to go for Naruto VS Sasuke. An epic fight, extremely intense, in my opinion. The techniques used by both of them were great, location was just 'wow', and the ending of the battle was fair.

By the way, can someone tell me about Vagabond?
    だれですか? xD

"Don't live in forgotten times
    Let's make this our story, let's live in the glory
    Time, it fades away,
    Precious as a song
    'Cause someday we'll be gone ..."

I'm currently addicted to

Gintama
    Bleach
    D.Gray Man
    Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
    Kuroshitsuji