Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Best Kiss

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto's

26 30.59%
  • The Breaker's

13 15.29%
  • Kaicho wa maid-sama's

10 11.76%
  • Claymore's

14 16.47%
  • Berserk's

22 25.88%
New Reply

Thread: Best Kiss

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Kiss

Well, this is an awkward thing for me because of the best kiss and me being... twenty and hormones raging, but here I go anyway. :awkward

Naruto
    Spoiler show

The Breaker
    Spoiler show

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
    Spoiler show

Claymore
    Spoiler show

Berserk
    Spoiler show

The results are in! The winner of this highly esteemed contest is, Naruto's kiss with Sasuke!

This is special because they started out as disliking each other, when that kiss happened! Not only did Naruto and Sasuke get mad at this, but so did Sasuke's fangirls including Sakura, and Naruto got beaten to a pulp for stealing Sasuke's first kiss! The funny part is, someone pushed Naruto into kissing Sasuke when he was observing Sasuke from close up! Whattacomical way to start off the team of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura! Then Naruto and Sasuke slowly became friends and considered each other like brothers until Sasuke severed their bond at the end of Part I. Now, they're enemies and seek to destroy each other; Sasuke seeks to destroy Naruto and what he stands for while Naruto seeks to destroy what Sasuke stands for and bring peace! Will they be able to remember this kiss? Will they be able to come to terms after remembering what they used to share?!

This is still awkward for me. <_<

Oh, right. More STAR (scanlators, translators, artists, and reviewers) preferred... Naruto kissing Sasuke. More staff (mods, gmods, admins, and senpai) preferred Berserk's. Staff ftw in this category! \o/

Last edited by benelori; January 31, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Kiss

I voted for Clare kissing Raki in Claymore.

it is by far THEE choice !!!! (imo only of course )

Sooooo romantic! (especially see the anime of it, with the beautiful blue glow of the dawn's light through the forest).

"Clare kissing Raki in Claymore. Clare slowly holds his head in her hands, leans forward just as slowly, lips parted and eyes dreamily barely open, Raki's eyes dilate, he gulps, his heart pounds, Clare's luscious lips plant against his lips, and stay lingeringly locked and pressed together, she pulls away but keeps looking at him with intense but so soft and loving big beautiful silver eyes of hers. It was love then and forever! But, Yagi is so cruel ... "

-HK
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 12, 2011 at 04:52 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zura113's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto and Sasuke kissing LOL I love that scene. Quite an extraordinary way to kiss
    だれですか? xD

"Don't live in forgotten times
    Let's make this our story, let's live in the glory
    Time, it fades away,
    Precious as a song
    'Cause someday we'll be gone ..."

I'm currently addicted to

Gintama
    Bleach
    D.Gray Man
    Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
    Kuroshitsuji
    Bishonens/Shonen-ai
    Everything by Square Enix xD
    PSP, Xbox 360

My dA -> http://uchiha-itachi111.deviantart.com

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes to Casca and Guts as I love both characters and the couple. I was very happy to see them falling in love, especially Guts who had a very harsh childhood. It's rare to see a GAR character fall in love but that made it even more of a heartrending moment.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    My vote goes to Casca and Guts as I love both characters and the couple. I was very happy to see them falling in love, especially Guts who had a very harsh childhood. It's rare to see a GAR character fall in love but that made it even more of a heartrending moment.
    Indeed, it was a very emotional scene as well -and funny, they acted a little akward as this obviously was a new thing to them - and really fulfilled many readers' hopes for these two characters as well I think. I really liked them as a couple, here on a cover page: http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...5-copy-jpg.jpg

I can't really see Naruto competing in this, to me it was rather a small wtf moment, nothing more.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; January 13, 2011 at 01:11 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

3 shounen & 1 seinen ... it's funny
    Mangahelpers community is mainly male.

I don't know much about shojo & josei but I do believe that a category like "best kiss" should go to a shojo. After all, shojo are mainly about love, kiss, ...

SO, I gave my vote to the only shojo present in the poll.

About the other nominations,

Raki & Claire: if claire could kill that annoying whining kid, she would be my fav female lead ... That's how much I like the character Raki ...

Naruto & Sasuke: I won't even bother to comment this ...

Breaker: I was bored with the manga before this kiss happened

Berserk: Yeah why not ... [Irony=ON] when I think about Berserk, I directly think about that kiss ... [Irony=OFF]. But I can understand the nomination ...
    Last edited by zelllogan; January 13, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I nominated and - of course - also voted for the kiss from Naruto. Simple reason being, I find most romance in manga not very appealing since it's often performed either extremely cheesy or so sloppy that the emotions don't transport and I don't buy the characters' feelings/love/whatnot...
    Therefore I'm poking a little fun at Naruto and this award category by taking a kiss that really had an impact on me. Maybe not what one would usually expect from a kiss scene but for most other entries I was like: ... *yawn* ... *flip the page*

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Raki & Claire: if claire could kill that annoying whining kid, she would be my fav female lead ... That's how much I like the character Raki ...
    Agreed!
    But not only that. To me it also feels like a cheap rip-off of one of the most legendary kisses in manga history, namely that of Misato and Shinji in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Well, I nominated and - of course - also voted for the kiss from Naruto. Simple reason being, I find most romance in manga not very appealing since it's often performed either extremely cheesy or so sloppy that the emotions don't transport and I don't buy the characters' feelings/love/whatnot...
    I get what you mean, but imo this trap was avoided well in Berserk. It was meaningful but without too much pathos.

I don't know much about shojo & josei but I do believe that a category like "best kiss" should go to a shojo. After all, shojo are mainly about love, kiss, ...

It's plausible in a way, I also don't think that Shounen is a medium which produces a lot of good scenes of this style (exeptions are welcome, or perhaps I'm just wrong, I leave that up to you) while Shojo probably is, but I wouldn't count Seinen out just like that.
    Seinen is not an upgraded Shounen (like many people seem to think at first, including me back a while) but rather contains any kind of possible genre; It can be quite close to the "female" demographics, closer than to Shounen in many cases.

Now Berserk certainly does match this idea of the "upgraded Shonen", but still doesn't feel as akward as perhaps some other fictional kisses. Rather, a funny kind of reverse thing, it shows the characters feeling akward with it at first (Link)
    I think this contributed very well to the scene, it takes out a little seriousness, adds a little fun, and yet the event remains meaningful.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; January 13, 2011 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Roflkopt3r >> For berserk, I agree. It didn't feel akward & it had a meaning at scenario level. And a little moment of happiness for those two ... they deserves it.
    But if you have to resume Berserk, would you talk about that kiss ?? I wouldn't.

Talking about akward, the "Raki x Claire kiss" was akward. they had a relationship "big protective sister" x "little helpless brother" & then they kiss ... I had one thought when it happened: INCEST.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OOOO a post about Claymore, a post that's going to get a response post by me, lol

Spoiler show
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

About the other nominations,

Naruto & Sasuke: I won't even bother to comment this ...

Breaker: I was bored with the manga before this kiss happened

Berserk: Yeah why not ... [Irony=ON] when I think about Berserk, I directly think about that kiss ... [Irony=OFF]. But I can understand the nomination ...
    ...nice reasoning...but I still chose The Breaker...the entire situation and the mainly the art make this one my choice...my bro gave me the idea, and I think he was totally right...a great art and great character design can transmit more feelings then some words or whatnot...and The Breaker has it all...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About Claymore's Raki:

Spoiler show

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto and Sasuke kiss lol it was just so stupid that i have to choose this one lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

sometimes it's cuter to see a little romance in shounen manga! shoujo is too mushy for me - although I read a few shoujo and nominated Kaichou wa Kiss in Misaki and Usui's pocky game.

You know, amidst all the fighting and manly pride and hatred, the characters would have time to show their little sensitive side and show love! it's so much more romantic than chummy shoujo...

So having said that, and after much time reeling over it, I'll vote for Naruto and Sasuke! it made me laugh nonstop when I first saw it!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Manga and Anime Awards (destiny)

Well, this is an awkward thing for me because of the best kiss and me being... twenty and hormones raging, but here I go anyway. :awkward

Naruto
    Spoiler show

The Breaker
    Spoiler show

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
    Spoiler show

Claymore
    Spoiler show

Berserk
    Spoiler show

The results are in! The winner of this highly esteemed contest is, Naruto's kiss with Sasuke!

This is special because they started out as disliking each other, when that kiss happened! Not only did Naruto and Sasuke get mad at this, but so did Sasuke's fangirls including Sakura, and Naruto got beaten to a pulp for stealing Sasuke's first kiss! The funny part is, someone pushed Naruto into kissing Sasuke when he was observing Sasuke from close up! Whattacomical way to start off the team of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura! Then Naruto and Sasuke slowly became friends and considered each other like brothers until Sasuke severed their bond at the end of Part I. Now, they're enemies and seek to destroy each other; Sasuke seeks to destroy Naruto and what he stands for while Naruto seeks to destroy what Sasuke stands for and bring peace! Will they be able to remember this kiss? Will they be able to come to terms after remembering what they used to share?!

This is still awkward for me. <_<

Oh, right. More STAR (scanlators, translators, artists, and reviewers) preferred... Naruto kissing Sasuke. More staff (mods, gmods, admins, and senpai) preferred Berserk's. Staff ftw in this category! \o/

Last edited by M3J; January 31, 2011 at 02:26 AM.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply