Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Best Chapter

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fullmetal Alchemist - Chapter 107

26 20.97%
  • One Piece Chapter 398 - Declaration of War

36 29.03%
  • One Piece - Chapter 485 - Member of the Strawhat crew: Pirate Hunter Zoro

33 26.61%
  • Slam Dunk, Volume 31, Chapter 275

17 13.71%
  • Bleach - Chapter 421

12 9.68%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    You've just used the cheapest argument there is, i.e. "billions of flies can't be wrong, let's eat sh*t." Because it's an average manga it sells very well. It appeals to a broad audience, super-powers, power-ups, levels of power (that are measured by how high the bounty is)...
    An average manga can't sell way above average; That's a contradiction, the fact that it sells more than the normal manga takes it above that level. I love One Piece, and think that it's storyline is amazing. IMO, it takes the average shonen manga and improves on it greatly, which is why it's selling as much as it is. Your last statement, about bounties being a measurement of power, shows that you don't know everything about One Piece. I think maybe if you gave it more of a chance (particularly with the most recent plot twists) you'd appreciate it more. Once again, your entitled to your opinion.

Bleach 421 was epic as well, that so was the final chapter of FMA. FMA's my second choice though because it was a great ending to such an amazing manga.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    You've just used the cheapest argument there is, i.e. "billions of flies can't be wrong, let's eat sh*t." Because it's an average manga it sells very well. It appeals to a broad audience, super-powers, power-ups, levels of power (that are measured by how high the bounty is)...
    You've just used the cheapest reason there is.
    The points that you've mentioned can and is basically everywhere in the Shounen Genre. Heck, the "top 3" are flooded with them.
    There is more than that in One Piece. Unfortunately, you gave up on it so It's a shame that you didn't realize the real reason for One Piece being the highest selling manga in history.
    There is a reason why it's so famous and takes the first place consecutively and I think it's something you've missed that we all managed to see.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I replied in the General MH Awards thread to this debate about what's best or what is quality. Let's continue it there
    Last edited by benelori; January 16, 2011 at 06:31 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    Kneeling @ My Ichigo Shrine, Thanking My Lucky Stars For The Day I Met Ichigo
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach 421...I wet my panties every time I read that. Ichigo's badassery and final Getsuga man --Kubo I love you!!!

Finally Bleach is in a category and I can vote for it

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Manga and Anime Awards (destiny)

So, we all have that chapter that we absolutely love and can't forget no matter what we do! That certain chapter is just so awesome, so epic, it needs to be mentioned! That amazing chapter alone can breathe new life into a dying series and can reveal a lot or introduce a lot! No matter what, we keep going back to that chapter and reading it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over! Well, you get the gist, so onwards we go!

The staff, which consists of moderators, global moderators, administrators, and senpai, voted for chapter 485 of One Piece! STAR, which is acronym for scanlator, translator, artist, and reviewer, voted and ended up with three-way tie between One Piece, chapters 398 and 485, and Slam Dunk's chapter 275! Please note that not everyone in the group voted for the same thing, but the majority of the people in the group voted for the same thing as individual. However, the one with the most overall vote is, One Piece's chapter 398! Congratulations, Chapter 398 of One Piece! Oh, the title of this chapter is called Declaration of War!

One Piece Chapter 398

Last edited by M3J; January 31, 2011 at 02:13 AM.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2