Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Best WTF Moment

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revelation of Duval's face in One Piece

42 31.34%
  • Aizen changing forms in Bleach

20 14.93%
  • Vinland Saga's

19 14.18%
  • L's media stunt on Kira in Death Note

25 18.66%
  • One piece / Chapter 279

28 20.90%
New Reply

Thread: Best WTF Moment

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best WTF Moment

All of us had at least one of those moments where we saw something and then went "HOLY SHIT, WTF JUST HAPPENED?!" Whether it's Goku going Super Saiyan, Yusuke being half demon, Naruto's true heritage, Aizen's true color, or even Luffy and Ace's true parents, we shat bricks at finding out the truth. Oh, and guess what? This is the first category that I'm counting that Naruto's not in the final rounds! OMG, I just had a WTF Moment at the Viara smiley!

Um... anyway, on to the listing of the final five.

So, now that you have it, wanna know the winner? Do you, do you, do you, DO YOU?! Well, the winner iiiiis Askeladd beheading King Sweyn in Vinland Saga! Congrat-

Wait
    wait

Oh, I had another WTF moment and read wrong! The actual winner is, Revelation of Duvall's face from One Piece!

... oh.

Yeah, this is no trollz and no joke, One Piece's Duvall's Identity won the award for the Best WTF Moment. More staff, which includes moderators, global moderators, administrators, and senpai, preferred either Aizen changing forms in Bleach or Askeladd beheading King Sweyn from Vinland Saga! More STAR (scanlators, translators, artists, and reviewers) preferred L's media stunt on Kira from Death Note!

Last edited by benelori; January 31, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best WTF Moment

One piece / chapter 279:
    One of the greatest WTF faces . Perona was also a good candidate (Usopp rules ).
    L's media stunt on Kira in Death Note:
    I read "death note" twice & this moment didn't shock me that much. I'm not even sure about what chapter we are talking. In fact, I simply completely forgot .
    Aizen changing forms:
    That a big WTF but a bad WTF ... a "Is Kubo drunk ?" WTF.
    Revelation of Duval's face in One Piece (Chapter 494/ Pg. 19):
    It was funny but I didn't go WTF.

So my vote for Vinland Saga. I don't know the manga well but I read the part concerning the WTF (while being explained the situation):
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/vinland_saga/v07/c051/
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/vinland_saga/v07/c052/
    & it's great

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a huge laughing fit when that moment in Vinland Saga appeared, and it is a purest WTF moment, I couldn't remember any other scene of a fictional story where I thought "WTF????" louder than in that scene

It's absolutely surprising and at the same time absolutely serious, but obviously extreme and weird. It's the definition of a true wtf? moment, because it really made me wondering "Did he just really say that? Wait, I have to read it again... He did??"

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Duval and Enel scenes were really funny, but a true WTF moment for me is more than just to be funny. It should be something unexpected, something that just blows your mind and has a huge impact on you. The One Piece scenes are too trivial to be called a really good WTF moment.

Regarding the L's media stunt, am I right if it refers to him imprisoning Light and observing him 24/7? If so, I wouldn't call it a WTF moment, at least for me.

I voted for the Vinland Saga scene, as it's fitting my explanation above.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I right if it refers to him imprisoning Light and observing him 24/7? If so, I wouldn't call it a WTF moment, at least for me.
    Actually I'm still guessing as well... however, that's not really something about media what you mentioned imo. It might be about the very beginning when
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Amida's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    One piece / chapter 279:
    One of the greatest WTF faces . Perona was also a good candidate (Usopp rules ).
    L's media stunt on Kira in Death Note:
    I read "death note" twice & this moment didn't shock me that much. I'm not even sure about what chapter we are talking. In fact, I simply completely forgot .
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by benelori; January 14, 2011 at 04:37 AM.

"Ia iak sakkakh iak Sakkakth, Ia shaxul, Ia Kingu ia Cthulu ia Azbul, Ia Azabua" - Azagthoth

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland Saga for me. Its the epitome of "Woah wait did I just read that right?". Askeladd's line caught everyone off-guard including the readers

Duval was a pretty good one too. I thought it was a lot funnier than WTF though. The way it was executed was also pretty brilliant especially when Luffy tells everyone that they know the guy. Everyone was debating about who it could possibly be than BAM lol, I had tears coming out of my eyes because of laughter

L's moment was a lot more...."shit's getting serious" because it was the first time anybody had directly challenged Light and had gotten the better of him over Live television nonetheless.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To me WTF moment was something that came just truly out of left field. Whether it had plot impact or not, and the funnier the better for me. Hence I voted for Duval's reveal because anybody who says they predicted that is lying. Plus it completely random and hilarious. I do love funny .

I'm not familiar enough with Death Note or Vinland Saga to pass judgment on those and thus couldn't vote for either of them. Though I'm sure even if I knew enough about these manga I probably would've still voted for Duval b/c I'm a sucker for humor.

I didn't really care for Aizen's transformations (Freeza much?), and Enel's face was hilarious, but not incredibly random.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amida View Post
    Spoiler show
    Yep...that's the one...L had several media stunts, but none were directly related to Kira...that scene was the moment when I thought, this is a must read/watch(cuz I read the series and watched the anime at the same time)...it was just amazing...the reaction of the japanese detectives explains it all

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

revelation of duval face is what i vote lol it was a big WTF lol i just couldnt stop laughing
    Last edited by jorped; January 15, 2011 at 05:28 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Manga and Anime Awards (destiny)

All of us had at least one of those moments where we saw something and then went "HOLY SHIT, WTF JUST HAPPENED?!" Whether it's Goku going Super Saiyan, Yusuke being half demon, Naruto's true heritage, Aizen's true color, or even Luffy and Ace's true parents, we shat bricks at finding out the truth. Oh, and guess what? This is the first category that I'm counting that Naruto's not in the final rounds! OMG, I just had a WTF Moment at the Viara smiley!

Um... anyway, on to the listing of the final five.

So, now that you have it, wanna know the winner? Do you, do you, do you, DO YOU?! Well, the winner iiiiis Askeladd beheading King Sweyn in Vinland Saga! Congrat-

Wait
    wait

Oh, I had another WTF moment and read wrong! The actual winner is, Revelation of Duvall's face from One Piece!

... oh.

Yeah, this is no trollz and no joke, One Piece's Duvall's Identity won the award for the Best WTF Moment. More staff, which includes moderators, global moderators, administrators, and senpai, preferred either Aizen changing forms in Bleach or Askeladd beheading King Sweyn from Vinland Saga! More STAR (scanlators, translators, artists, and reviewers) preferred L's media stunt on Kira from Death Note!

Last edited by M3J; January 31, 2011 at 02:19 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Seborga
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF???

The Winner is definitely the annoucing of this award.
    In my opinion even the Enel-moment was more WTF than Duval.
    But in both cases, it was just a short WTF-moment and thats it.
    DN and VSs WTF-moments made me think about the decision, you can discuss about it and especially VS was unexpected at that moment(it was clear, that Askeladd would die for canute, but not in that way).
    Imo is thats the important point for me, but the votes are against me.
    I voted for VS.
    Last edited by benelori; January 31, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that the WTF moment which won is that WTF moment made me go WTF .

New Reply