Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    If he tried to kill her, we might see her going down in some epic blaze of glory. That might secure her legacy. I think amazing death would be far superior to being relegated to ineffective bystander.
    Can't disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Sakura's character development has always been on a slow scale because she is not a representative of the power-house as her team-mates, we have to remember that she is here to represent the human side/touch of this manga, how Kishi himself said, so it is only normal, at least to me, that her development is slowly, gradually but certain.
    I don't know about that. Shikamaru is also not exactly a powerhouse or main character, but Kishi have given him quite a bit of character development along with making him basically the leader of the Konoha 12 and a prominent member of the current war. In fact, the one major feature of Shikamaru that tends to be highlighted is his intelligences, something Sakura use of be praised for. Even when Sakura does get to show off her smarts (cough Kamui cough), she doesn't even get credit. So I really can't agree that her development is so slow just because she's not on the same level as her teammates powerwise.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My only hope for Sakura right now seems highly unlikely to happen. That is for this battle to majorly go sideways. Maybe they blow up the Juubi or something and the whole alliance gets wrecked the process.

Whatever the cause Naruto needs to loses the Kyuubi or somehow be otherwise incapacitated. Then we'd have a real opportunity for a character like Sakura to stand out.

---------------------------------------------------

I can think of two scenarios like that which would give the opportunity for restoring Sakura. (neither would be likely)

The first unlikely path is Madara losing the Juubi in the process, but capturing Naruto as a consolation prize. This would mean a rescue mission and most of the stronger shinobi might just be in no condition go. Meaning that they have to scrape together whoever they can to save Naruto. This would be ideal for Sakura. Have her wake up after the battle is over with a bump on her head from a rock she failed to duck but otherwise ready to go.

The second unlikely path would be to have this war destabilize the shinobi world the way it logically should. Theoretically, this war should provide the ideal scenario for the smaller nations, who have long taken the brunt of the conflicts of the larger nations, to get some payback and climb up the food chain. In fact, it would actually be a once in a lifetime opportunity for that. Pretty much anybody with an axe to grind could easily show up and start assassinating shinobi that they would never have a chance against under normal circumstances. With the remaining forces of the big countries depleted by loses, exhausted, far from home, and with all 5 Kages pretty much out of action it would be the perfect time for a power grab. This gives Sakura a chance because she could be in a situation where she and the other rookies have to get Naruto to safely; who, as a Jinchuricki, would be a prime target.
    Last edited by Jammin; December 20, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Your optimism is a breath of fresh air. It's almost enough to counterbalance the fact that, as uchiha_blood pointed out in the romance discussion, Kishi gave her a one hit KO with with a rock last chapter.

I mean.....seriously?!
    LOL, I laughed when I saw Sakura got KO by that rock! OK, it's funny for me if Kishimoto was trying to make it as a joke, but I was not really sure if he was...However, I chose to believe that's a joke though. :P

I also wonder if that rock would make her lost her memories? If it so, it could explain why Kakashi grabbed her in his arm on last chapter. (Some people thought that Sakura jumped on Kakashi's back, but if you look closely he grabbed her in his arm, you can see his hand on her right arm) BTW-I'm just trying to be optimist. :P

PS. Miss you all! I haven't been online for quite a long time!
    Last edited by Sakura Hime; December 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    LOL, I laughed when I saw Sakura got KO by that rock! OK, it's funny for me if Kishimoto was trying to make it as a joke, but I was not really sure if he was...However, I chose to believe that's a joke though. :P

I also wonder if that rock would make her lost her memories? If it so, it could explain why Kakashi grabbed her in his arm on last chapter. (Some people thought that Sakura jumped on Kakashi's back, but if you look closely he grabbed her in his arm, you can see his hand on her right arm) BTW-I'm just trying to be optimist. :P

PS. Miss you all! I haven't been online for quite a long time!
    Yeah, it's been a while!

My hopes for Sakura are being chipped away at with ever chapter, sadly. We were just having a pretty extended conversation about this subject in the Romance thread. Things for her have gone so badly for her it's really hard to believe.

It's like Kishimoto is trying to make her look bad.

I actually suggested, and am halfway to believing, that her character is being treated this way to consolidate the shippers behind NarutoXHinata. Make "Hinata look taller by making Sakura look smaller".

Which I think is entirely unnecessary, in addition to being entirely terrible.
    Last edited by Jammin; December 20, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With the latest chapter having ushered in yet another new wave of Sakura hate (not surprising, yet still a wee bit depressing, despite the fact that we should all be used to it by now), I think I've finally come to understand both A.) the process, and B.) the inevitable outcome.

How it works:

Sakura: OMG, Naruto's in danger! I'm so worried! I must get stronger to help him!
    Sakura Haters/90% of the fanbase: Sakura hates Naruto and is a total bitch to him.
    Me: What the-
    Sakura: OMG, Naruto is injured! I must do my best to heal him! *tears*
    Haters: Sakura doesn't care about anyone but herself.
    Me: Are these people crazy?
    Sakura: *self deprecation*
    Haters: Sakura is soooo conceited and she thinks she's so much better than everyone!!
    Me: I feel like I'm drunk in a funhouse
    Sakura: We've already lost Sasuke; if anything happened to Naruto, too, I would be devastated. I can't let that happen!
    Haters: Sakura only cares about Sasuke, she doesn't know Naruto is alive, that whore!
    Me: Okay, yeah...they're definitely crazy
    Sakura: Naruto, I believe in you! I trust that you can save the world!
    Haters: Sakura is just a big @#$%^ %@#$@ @#$!#$ing @#$%# and a &#$@#$
    Me: Are we even reading the same manga?
    Sakura: Oh, that's it. I'm done. If I'm going to be hated no matter what I do, I might as well go and become the evil kind of doctor, like Kabuto.
    Spoiler show

Uh-oh. This could get messy. Hope you're happy, fandom.

Hinata isn't going to be pleased when she finds out you been messin' with her homegirl Sakura.
    Spoiler show

10. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tragerstreit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloomer, you're my favorite.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Trag, stahp, I'll get all verklempt.
    Spoiler show

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope sakura do more than crying and depending on naruto in this war arc, hinata is a step forward than her with naruto..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

24h rule - UB
    Last edited by Uchiha_Blood; January 16, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Spoiler show
    The real irony there is that...

Spoiler show

24h rule - UB
    Last edited by Uchiha_Blood; January 16, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The real irony there is that...

Spoiler show
    Yeah, I know. I thought the exact same thing!

I didn't want to mention it since it would have been a spoiler (although, a really small one), and my post might have been deleted.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to mention it since it would have been a spoiler (although, a really small one), and my post might have been deleted.
    Nay, just edited with a spoiler tag

Still yeah, he probably used her only for artistic value, considering how he's treating her.
    Just saying though, she's gorgeous

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, spoilers. I always forget that we aren't supposed to talk about the latest chapter outside of the discussion thread for 24 hours; even inside spoiler tags. To be honest, that rule never made a ton of sense to me. I mean, it's inside a spoiler tag right?

Still, I was definitely "massaging" the rules. So...oops. Fortunately Uchiha_Blood is benevolent.

-------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic, maybe it's a case of lingering sour groups but I think it's completely outrageous that Sakura didn't even get shown in that chapter. I genuinely think Kishimoto is trying to push her character to the side in order to help sell the NarutoXHinata stuff to fans who might not otherwise be inclined to enjoy that.

Which, if it is that case, is just not a good way to handle that. I guess, I can understand the "out of sight out of mind" logic but I think this might be one of those situations were the more she's ignored and trashed the more her fans notice; as opposed to more of her fans running out and buying "I <3 Hinata" T-shirts. That's just not how it works.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, spoilers. I always forget that we aren't supposed to talk about the latest chapter outside of the discussion thread for 24 hours; even inside spoiler tags. To be honest, that rule never made a ton of sense to me. I mean, it's inside a spoiler tag right?

Still, I was definitely "massaging" the rules. So...oops. Fortunately Uchiha_Blood is benevolent.

Back to the topic, maybe it's a case of lingering sour groups but I think it's completely outrageous that Sakura didn't even get shown in that chapter. I genuinely think Kishimoto is trying to push her character to the side in order to help sell the NarutoXHinata stuff to fans who might not otherwise be inclined to enjoy that.

Which, if it is that case, is just not a good way to handle that. I guess, I can understand the "out of sight out of mind" logic but I think this might be one of those situations were the more she's ignored and trashed the more her fans notice; as opposed to more of her fans running out and buying "I <3 Hinata" T-shirts. That's just not how it works.
    I don't think is Hinata's "fault" that Sakura is on the background, I mean back in the Pein arc Sakura hugged Naruto 5 chapters after Hinata confessed and almost died

Imo he is simply waiting for Sasuke to give importance to Team 7, right now the spotlight is on Team 10, Hinata and Neji.
    Unless she does something awesome, but I don't think anyone has any hope of it happening

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura looks so out of place in the otherwise amazing color spread, that it looks like Kishi's editor convinced him to include her there. She's basically just placed randomly where there's room. While Sakura looks absolutely gorgeous, the spread would have looked more natural and thus better without her in it.

New Reply
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast