Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

Kishi isn't the type to mention stuff that are totally useless, right?
    Usually, when he mentions something, it's going to be a plot element somewhere down the line.

Now, when we learned that Kabuto was a Snake Sage, he also mentioned the Shikkotsu forest, which is where you can learn to be a Slug Sage.
    And, I don't think she is, but wouldn't it be great if Sakura could be a Slug Sage?

I mean... we basically just discovered that only Sages can beat Obito!
    This mean that she would be one of the only person that can actually be useful in this battle!!
    She wouldn't be useless anymore!!

Well, that's probably not going to happen, anyway...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; August 29, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Kishi isn't the type to mention stuff that are totally useless, right?
    The first time I read this sentence I genuinely thought it was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Usually, when he mentions something, it's going to be a plot element somewhere down the line.

Now, when we learned that Kabuto was a Snake Sage, he also mentioned the Shikkotu forest, which is where you can learn to be a Slug Sage.
    And, I don't think she is, but wouldn't it be great if Sakura could be a Slug Sage?

I mean... we basically just discovered that only Sages can beat Obito!
    This mean that she would be one of the only person that can actually be useful in this battle!!
    She wouldn't be useless anymore!!

Well, that's probably not going to happen, anyway...
    That would be cool. Sakura the slug sage. I like it!

Though Sakura actually got a pretty badass out of nowhere powerup when she went all Tsunade Mode; and, as much as I'm inclined not to question something so awesome, I really would love to hear Kishimoto try and explain why she never did this before now. But in the end it just got run over by the never ending hype train anyway.

Sadly, I'm resigned to the fact that even this would just lead up to Naruto and Sasuke going Sage, Rinnigan, Kyuubi, Bankai, Fusion Supersaiyan Kaio-ken VII, while summoning down Voltron which would wield a giant Sword of Castle Grayskull in one hand and a Sword of Omens in the other; and probably a have a giant light saber clenched between it's robotic buttocks.

He'll do it too.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

If it does happen, it will be very contrived and feel like a total asspull of all asspulls because Kishi has done nothing to develop it in a decent manner. Honestly, it could happen, but Kishi has been using foreshadowings more to build it up instead of actually building it up.

For instance, Jiraiya was revealed to have SM as his trump card, so the development of Naruto gaining it was not that out of the blue and felt absolutely natural. Meanwhile, Tsunade has not shown anything that would've indicated she had SM. Or at least a bootleg version of it (i.e. Curse Seal). The Yin seal could be the bootleg version of SSM, but it's not been clarified whether the 3rd SM shown in the series (i.e. Hashirama's) is indeed SSM

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, You want to talk about contrived? Sakura's recent Power up itself was contrived. The simple fact that she came out of the blue declaring that she was also trained by one of the legendary three ninja and shouldn't be counted out, was one of the most forced things Kishimoto has done and could instantly be seen for what it was. And then he wants to try to cover it up with that whole "you think just because I'm a woman" bullshit. What a crock of garbage. I am so over Kishimoto's writing style for this type of thing it's not even funny.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chatte's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion she'll gain SSM. I've wrote couple of theories based on foreshadowing along the way and the last one is in regards to SSM. Don't know, to many it seemed out of the blue but I was expecting it, to be honest. I remember when I first made my theories in regards to what's going to happen, everyone said no, never gonna happen yet, now, it did... So I am certain for SSM as well.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would question whether sakura has the chakra capacity to use sage mode. She has her byakogo however that is something quite distinct from sakura having large chakra capacity herself. Tsunade has a nice 5 in his stamina stat and has shown she is able to use her byakogo from one fight to the next while in turn sakura has way less in terms of stats (2.5 or 3 which makes her average) and it took her apparently 3 years to actually get her seal full. Sakura seems too standard in terms of chakra capacity IMO. Slug sage mode might as well exist however the manga has not shown even tsunade using it. Its not like there would be a reason for tsunade to not use it either, her role in fights is ideal for it. She usually has to remain in the back healing everyone... If using sage energy would actually improve her techniques there is no reason for her to not be using it most of the time. Even if sakura does get slug sage mode it would have to be well into the future, perhaps years, when her chakra capacity far exceeds her current one.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chatte's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would question whether sakura has the chakra capacity to use sage mode. She has her byakogo however that is something quite distinct from sakura having large chakra capacity herself. Tsunade has a nice 5 in his stamina stat and has shown she is able to use her byakogo from one fight to the next while in turn sakura has way less in terms of stats (2.5 or 3 which makes her average) and it took her apparently 3 years to actually get her seal full. Sakura seems too standard in terms of chakra capacity IMO. Slug sage mode might as well exist however the manga has not shown even tsunade using it. Its not like there would be a reason for tsunade to not use it either, her role in fights is ideal for it. She usually has to remain in the back healing everyone... If using sage energy would actually improve her techniques there is no reason for her to not be using it most of the time. Even if sakura does get slug sage mode it would have to be well into the future, perhaps years, when her chakra capacity far exceeds her current one.
    Sakura had a 2.5 when she had to add part of her chakra into her seal, so it makes sense why her chakra was this low. Plus, she was mentioned to have good chakra pool and in the manga overall it is shown that one can increase their chakra capacity via training. Not to mention, in her battle with Sasori, Chiyo even said she ought to have been drained by then but she kept fighting, which only speaks a lot about her chakra pool.
    As for the SSM, one of the misconfusions is that SSM is similar to FSM when it's actually not, each SM has different requirements which I talked about here.
    That was indeed the rule for FSM but FSM had other requirements. The only thing in common all have is being able to create senjutsu chakra by balancing all three "ingredients" so to speak.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Since amazingly this thread is still alive, here's a good lesson by Jack Nicholson to Kishimoto on how to write women.

(my sides, oh God)
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; October 24, 2013 at 05:36 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    Since amazingly this thread is still alive, here's a good lesson by Jack Nicholson to Kishimoto on how to write women.

(my sides, oh God)
    Lol. What movie is this?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Sakura had a 2.5 when she had to add part of her chakra into her seal, so it makes sense why her chakra was this low. Plus, she was mentioned to have good chakra pool and in the manga overall it is shown that one can increase their chakra capacity via training. Not to mention, in her battle with Sasori, Chiyo even said she ought to have been drained by then but she kept fighting, which only speaks a lot about her chakra pool.
    As for the SSM, one of the misconfusions is that SSM is similar to FSM when it's actually not, each SM has different requirements which I talked about here.
    That was indeed the rule for FSM but FSM had other requirements. The only thing in common all have is being able to create senjutsu chakra by balancing all three "ingredients" so to speak.
    I don't think there is a distinction in the manga with sakura putting chakra into the seal and her not putting it. The seal is a chakra container meaning that filling it up depends on how much chakra sakura can make. I would argue sakura took 3 years to finish her seal because she only had a 2.5 in stamina rather than her having 2.5 because she was getting the seal ready.

I am not sure I agree with your point about you being able to turn ninja chakra into sage chakra directly. We have never actually seen that in the manga and it is a distinct scenario from the one fukasaku described when making sage chakra. Byakogo does allow you a significant chakra reserve but having a byakogo is not the same as being a high chakra capacity ninja. More so, even being a high chakra capacity ninja is not enough to actually master sage mode. Just look at jiraiya and how froglike he was. Tsunade has a more than respectable 5 in the stamina area which puts her in the high chakra capacity department and she in fact does not have sage mode for that matter. Basically even having high chakra capacity and a seal to store enormous amounts of chakra did not help her in this department.... Could sakura, who has an actually small chakra capacity as far as we know and on top of that needs years to use her byakogo acquire sage mode? I doubt it. At least I would argue that if tsunade had sage mode she would have already used it. I mean, at this point the only reason to not have used it is that she in fact does not have it considering that her position as medic ninja actually gives her an ideal position to activate sage mode.

As far as the body thing I would argue you are wrong about that. Orochimaru is a guy that goes around stealing bodies. That means that his physical capacities will invariably rely on the body he has at a given time. I would argue that by the right body kabuto meant that orochimaru did not have a body with the chakra capacity he would need for sage mode rather than snake sage mode requiring strength.

I would also question your idea of frog sage mode being taijutsu oriented and snake sage mode being ninjutsu oriented. To begin with, both use the same sage energy. There is no reason for one to be better than the other in those particular regards at least. In here I would argue naruto uses more physical combat because to begin with naruto himself is terrible at the whole ninjutsu thing. The only ninjutsu naruto has are rasengan (and its variations) and kage bushin which would invariably lead to more physical combat. Kabuto in turn is naruto's polar opposite in this regard. Kabuto was to begin with a medical ninja with fighting skills on par with kakashi. In other words, the sort of guy who has precise chakra control and knows tons of ninjutsu. On top of that he modified his body to be like orochimaru's and on top of that modified it to incorporate god knows how many KG. Its not about the differences between sage modes, its about the differences between kabuto and naruto.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RinGO321227's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm speechless! I just wanna cry seeing this thread dedicated to my all-time favorite female character. Thank you!!! OMG!!
    全力で夢をおいかけろ

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm just bumping this thread so that people can talk about Sakura here.
    She had a few interesting chapters lately.

She's not as strong as Naruto or Sasuke (and she never will be), but it was refreshing to see her jump into action.
    And even if it wasn't really effective, it was pretty cool!

I wonder just how strong she is when she use that seal...
    If it wasn't for those Madara shadows, she might have hit him in the face and send him flying like Gai did.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't believe there is any more growth power wise in less......
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...r-up-Sakura%21

But I believe she's about to grow character wise; to me Sakura has always been an amazing character, but when you put her next to Sasuke her character-development goes straight out the window. Alot of fans hate her and I believe the reason they hate her is because of her back and forth character development with Sasuke. Sasuke is the girl's kryptonite, he ruins her completely.

The difference between Sakura loving Sasuke and Hinata loving Naruto, is that Naruto makes Hinata want to be strong while Sasuke makes Sakura a weak crybaby.

If Sakura could finally move on and stop loving that badboy, she'd become independent and her growth would become limitless. She rivals Shikamaru IQ wise because of her book smarts but her emotions take over causing her to think irrationally.

Think of Sakura daring the Team Dosu fight from part one
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-59-8/na...hapter-54.html
    And her vs sasori
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-270-14/...apter-265.html

Sakura is one of the world's strongest female right now 2nd only to Tsunade and the Mizukage, and she's half their age!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was definitely a fan of the way she just dove right in to act as a distraction for Madara, too.

It was just her going all out and doing whatever she was able to. As long as she does that, and doesn't get too drawn into the love interest stuff, she's probably my favorite character that's involved right now in any major way.

Naruto and Sasuke's power levels have turned into something that makes me like them less. Naruto's walking around turning water into wine and Sasuke's flying around in a spirit gundam but Sakura is still fighting like just a really powerful ninja. This may not make her quite as effective as the two demi-gods on her team but it makes her a lot more fun to watch, at least for me.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree!

I use to love Naruto because he was just a regular ninja that was surpassing the other thanks to hardwork.
    But, now, he's just became a God, so he's really not a "regular ninja" anymore.

That's why I have a lot more respect for other ninja without any blood talent, like Sakura and Lee.
    Sakura is definitely one of the strongest character whose power are not coming from anything blood related, but only intellect and hardwork.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast