Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Thread: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

You know, all things considered, Sakura is doing pretty well right now. I don't want to jinx it but could she finally have turned a corner?

She's fighting hard in battles that matter and hasn't done anything to drawn hate down herself in quite some time. While I think there is plenty to hate about the end of this war arc. Sakura's role isn't one of those things so far. That may not mean much to most, but it means a lot to me. I can honestly say her part in the final leg of this story has already far exceeded my expectations.

There are not a whole lot of things about Naruto I'm happy with right now, but I'm happy with her and her part in the story.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 10, 2014 at 09:48 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's because the only thing she's done is get stabbed. Even now she's just a chakra battery. If she had just stabbed Obito instead of freezing-up Kaguya would still be sealed and the Alliance would be in a much better position. I really don't see her performing any significant function other than healing in the remaining chapters.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura is annoying as hell right now with her crying about Sasuke. I mean, Sasuke is focusing on the enemy and saving the world, but Sakura's upset that Sasuke won't look at her. Like, what the fuck? I can deal with her still loving Sasuke, but I can't deal with her being a crybaby when Sasuke and Naruto are busy trying to beat the bad guys. I actually thought she'd start being more badass when she joined them in fighting Tobi or Madara.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    That's because the only thing she's done is get stabbed. Even now she's just a chakra battery. If she had just stabbed Obito instead of freezing-up Kaguya would still be sealed and the Alliance would be in a much better position. I really don't see her performing any significant function other than healing in the remaining chapters.
    Well, considering a line last chapter read(verbatum) "It all depends on you alone, Sakura." I'd give her contribution more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sakura is annoying as hell right now with her crying about Sasuke. I mean, Sasuke is focusing on the enemy and saving the world, but Sakura's upset that Sasuke won't look at her. Like, what the fuck? I can deal with her still loving Sasuke, but I can't deal with her being a crybaby when Sasuke and Naruto are busy trying to beat the bad guys. I actually thought she'd start being more badass when she joined them in fighting Tobi or Madara.
    I don't see what she's done that's so bad. Sasuke treats his comrades like garbage, should she not be upset about that? He's a heartless A-hole. She doesn't like that and I don't see why she should. It's not like she started crying. She just internally acknowledged that his behavior was excessively callous, and she was not wrong, and inwardly thanked Naruto for not being the same. It's hard for me to see that as negative.

Are her contributions as big as Naruto or Sasuke's? Of course not. That being said she's done more or less everything within her power, I don't see how she could have done more or better. Her main limitation is that she isn't a walking Dues Ex Machina and happens to be stuck in the completely stupid situation the Narutoverse finds itself in.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 11, 2014 at 08:34 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know he treats his comrades like garbage? You do remember that if he or Naruto dies, then everyone is dead, including Sakura and Kakashi? Sakura shouldn't be upset about that, she should be upset if Sasuke throws her under the bus, which he has not done. He just won't risk his or Naruto's life and put the world in danger, that's more of Naruto's area.

Shy may not have been crying, but she was being so whiny and annoying. She was kind of wrong, because again, Sasuke was concentrating on beating the bad guy and protecting innocent lives. It may be hard for you to see that as negative, but it's not hard for me, given Sasuke only said he wouldn't risk his life to protect her, and neither should Naruto. Not against an enemy who barely was breaking a sweat fighting Naruto and Sasuke.

She can do far more though. Sakura doesn't need to be overpowered, she wasn't overpowered when she saved Naruto. I wanted to see her be a badass, not whiny.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    How do you know he treats his comrades like garbage? You do remember that if he or Naruto dies, then everyone is dead, including Sakura and Kakashi? Sakura shouldn't be upset about that, she should be upset if Sasuke throws her under the bus, which he has not done. He just won't risk his or Naruto's life and put the world in danger, that's more of Naruto's area.

Shy may not have been crying, but she was being so whiny and annoying. She was kind of wrong, because again, Sasuke was concentrating on beating the bad guy and protecting innocent lives. It may be hard for you to see that as negative, but it's not hard for me, given Sasuke only said he wouldn't risk his life to protect her, and neither should Naruto. Not against an enemy who barely was breaking a sweat fighting Naruto and Sasuke.

She can do far more though. Sakura doesn't need to be overpowered, she wasn't overpowered when she saved Naruto. I wanted to see her be a badass, not whiny.
    How do I know he was treating his friends like garbage? Because that's what putting no effort into saving people is, obviously. Is helping comrades a risk of sort? Sure, it is. But it's a risk that people with real courage and character take. There's pragmatism and then there's just plain callousness.

I don't fault her in the least for not liking that Sasuke could treat her and Kakashi like they were disposable or being glad that Naruto can't. It's not like she made a big deal of out either. I get that you agree with Sasuke, even if I strongly do not, but what I don't get is why Sakura's nearly silent opinion gets strong reaction. I just have a really hard time seeing her actions as whinny.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Sakura recently:

Just without the Twoll. And Hobgobwin.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    How do I know he was treating his friends like garbage? Because that's what putting no effort into saving people is, obviously. Is helping comrades a risk of sort? Sure, it is. But it's a risk that people with real courage and character take. There's pragmatism and then there's just plain callousness.

I don't fault her in the least for not liking that Sasuke could treat her and Kakashi like they were disposable or being glad that Naruto can't. It's not like she made a big deal of out either. I get that you agree with Sasuke, even if I strongly do not, but what I don't get is why Sakura's nearly silent opinion gets strong reaction. I just have a really hard time seeing her actions as whinny.
    Sasuke is a confused individual whose life is now full of emptiness http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...77-page-4.html

I would love to see the interaction between him and Sakura (if Sakura somehow managed to obtain Kaguya's cells/powers) if they confront each other's character (maybe that way, Sasuke would reconsider his excessive arrogance/self-centeredness towards others and learn a little about being compassionate).

Sakura just needs to stop seeking acknowledgement from others, she should stop comparing her powers to the OP characters and realise that she is acknowledged herself as someone useful (I think that's her main problem).

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke has shown he is willing to risk his life to save his comrades. However, he won't risk the lives of countless of people to save two lives. What's so hard to understand about that? Sasuke has repeatedly said that he's focused on the enemy and has stated how powerful and dangerous the enemy is when he told Naruto to pay attention. You do realize Sasuke is looking at the bigger picture, right? If he or Naruto dies, then Sakura and Kakashi are dead anyway, along with everyone affected by the genjutsu. If it was a normal fight, then Sasuke would have no excuse for his behavior.

Doesn't matter if it's silent or not, Kishi keeps focusing on her feelings on Sasuke focusing on the enemy and protecting the lives of others that it annoys me. I mean, it's a fucking war, why does she have to be upset that Sasuke won't keep looking at her or coddling her every time she gets a scratch? Sakura and Kakashi are disposable, Naruto and Sasuke aren't.

Sasuke isn't about self preservation, he's also saving Naruto. Sakura really has no valid complaint about Sasuke not trying to save her, unless he can do it without risk or if he throws her at the enemy just as a distraction. Sasuke's being an asshole, sure, but he's not being evil or totally heartless. He knows that he and Naruto alone have no chance against Kaguya (or Madara), and that it requires both of them to win. Should he put the entire world at risk, like Naruto has done and continues to do, for teh sake of two lives that would be lost anyway if Naruto and Sasuke lose?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, considering a line last chapter read(verbatum) "It all depends on you alone, Sakura." I'd give her contribution more weight.
    Doubtful. I mean her contribution is just being a battery, no abilities or techniques required. Kishi uses a hand-waving excuse to not use Naruto who is probably the greatest living chakra battery ever. It appears it was a move just to make Sakura relevant, not essential. Sakura was described as a ninja with low chakra supply but excellent chakra control. However, the upcoming scenario (so far) requires amount not control. In the end I doubt much will enhance her character or the reader's opinion of her.

New Reply
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47