Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Haruno Sakura thread

what i really miss the most, is sakura going into her actual thoughts when

i thought she was so much more interesting and the story was better as a whole when we would see the little line drawing sakura expressing her emotions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope she does something good.Atleast now since she is one of the the main characters of the series.Not sure if i should say main now I thought she'd be more relavent in Shippuden when she fought Sasori but since then she hasn't been significant.More like there were bigger things going on and she didn't get teh oppourtunity to shine.During this war she had to play the medic role so she had to stay at the medic tents the whole time =.=''

And also now that Sasuke is comming to the battlefield she might be relavent again

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope not. Her role was played out ages ago, really. It would've made for a better story if she had died in the Sasori fight as well. Ever since then, she has been completely useless to the story. She could just as easily be replaced by any random healing ninja like Shizune and it would probably not have made any difference whatsoever. If she had died then, it would also have added to Naruto's conviction and made it all the more powerful.

She is completely self-centered and arrogant. Like the time she tried to stop Naruto from pursuing the goal of bringing Sasuke back by saying that she doesn't like Sasuke anymore so he doesn't need to do it. How arrogant can she be to assume that Naruto is simply doing it for her and her alone?

Honestly, she tries to take up the role of the leader at times when she is one of the most useless characters in all of Naruto.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Did you confuse this for a hate thread, or are you just trolling?

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Just trollin' I think.

Though, I suppose, this thread is the one to talk about Sakura in so if you got something not so nice you want to say about her this is probably the place to do it. After all the crap her character takes from Kishimoto a few harsh words sent her direction barely register in my depressed little brain.

I always thought Sakura could have been a great character but I think it's too late for that now. Just like I thought Naruto could have been a great series and I think it's too late for that now too.

---------------------------------------------------

Naruto has become a story about those who are born with power and who are chosen by destiny; and how everybody else bows at their feet.

Sakura has no bloodline limit. She isn't a Senju. She isn't a Uchiha. Sakura's a mere mortal and there's just no place for mortals in these last two falshy and utterly souless story arcs.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 10, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Neither, actually. I thought this was a thread aimed at any and all discussions of the character and merely voiced my sincere opinion.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sakura being relevant in the story nowadays is pretty hard considering the fact that barely anyone is relevant outside of naruto, sasuke, the kages and perhaps a few others. Being relevant nowadays is reduced to basically having a lot of power given how absurdly power levels in the manga have escalated. So for sakura to be overall relevant she would have to actually be at the very least comparable in power to a kage which is a huge stretch. Sakura was relevant during the sasori sage because she had well above average chunnin strength and had the power to support and work in tandem with her team mates. In turn now there is basically nothing she could do in a fight to actually support the few people who do matter (although she is healing naruto right now). I mean, madara, tobi, naruto, sasuke.... they all have landscape destroying powers at the bare minimum, while sakura still has her above average chunnin strength and world class medical skills which are not actually all that useful in fights. I mean, she could heal herself and hurt enemies with those abilities but overall she wouldn't really deal enough damage to actually cause permanent damage or stall them (although even the kages failed at that with madara).

What I do wonder is just why exactly sakura never got tsunade's regenerating technique or her slug summons. She was her apprentice and sasuke and naruto got techniques and summons from their teachers. Why would kishi skip on that with sakura? The healing technique might perhaps be a little cruel for a little girl considering it does cause long term damage but in turn it would have been enough for sakura to be a relevant support for naruto to some degree. Still, even that would not have been enough for her to be too relevant, the power levels are insane right now.... Even now naruto is relevant because of the kyubi, his sage mode is barely a factor here....

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, the premise of Naruto has practically been destroyed. I still recall Kakashi saying that ninjas are supposed to be stealthy. Sakura's main issue is that Kishimoto just decided to forget about her. What happened to Kakashi's statement about Sakura being a Genjutsu-type would allow her to surpass Tsunade? As of yet, she still doesn't have any Genjutsu techniques.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter if I want Sakura to do something or not.At this point it would be somewhat weird, like out of place. It's been so long since she did anything worth talking about.Damn kish ruined almost all his characters..
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    After all the crap her character takes from Kishimoto a few harsh words sent her direction barely register in my depressed little brain.

I always thought Sakura could have been a great character but I think it's too late for that
    I hear you. It's gotten to the point where I almost wish Kishi would stop drawing her; whenever she gets a panel or two, Kishi (and then the fandom) empties a fertilizer truck on her, and I'm weary of seeing her suffer. Although, I'm pretty numb to it these days too.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Neither, actually. I thought this was a thread aimed at any and all discussions of the character and merely voiced my sincere opinion.
    Ah, I see. I understand where you're coming from. Please excuse my defensiveness.
    I guess this thread is actually supposed to be one of the few places in the universe where Sakura fans (or at least those who haven't quite made up their minds to unplug the life support) can post about her without getting rocks thrown at them:
    Spoiler: this poor thread is old, but still... show

Admittedly, that last little bit makes me cringe, but it is sort of nice for those of us who are grieving for Sakura to have a thread where we can comfort each other without the added misery of the negativity that usually accompanies posts about her elsewhere. It's kind of like a funeral cortege, I suppose...

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my bad. Because the first post was so old, I just skipped it and went ahead to the last page.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven 0 View Post
    I hope she does something good.Atleast now since she is one of the the main characters of the series.Not sure if i should say main now I thought she'd be more relavent in Shippuden when she fought Sasori but since then she hasn't been significant.More like there were bigger things going on and she didn't get teh oppourtunity to shine.During this war she had to play the medic role so she had to stay at the medic tents the whole time =.=''

And also now that Sasuke is comming to the battlefield she might be relavent again
    sakura hit her peak when she defeated sasori with granny chio helping with the chaakra strings

that was flat out epic,

she is still a good character, but it seems kishimoto had forgotten about her until recently

many people have negative feelings for her because of romantic reasons, but that doesnt change how hard she worked or how driven she is

maybe she will be important for the rest of this arc at least, i think kishi owes her fans that much

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, sakura being relevant in the story nowadays is pretty hard considering the fact that barely anyone is relevant outside of naruto, sasuke, the kages and perhaps a few others. Being relevant nowadays is reduced to basically having a lot of power given how absurdly power levels in the manga have escalated. So for sakura to be overall relevant she would have to actually be at the very least comparable in power to a kage which is a huge stretch. Sakura was relevant during the sasori sage because she had well above average chunnin strength and had the power to support and work in tandem with her team mates. In turn now there is basically nothing she could do in a fight to actually support the few people who do matter (although she is healing naruto right now). I mean, madara, tobi, naruto, sasuke.... they all have landscape destroying powers at the bare minimum, while sakura still has her above average chunnin strength and world class medical skills which are not actually all that useful in fights. I mean, she could heal herself and hurt enemies with those abilities but overall she wouldn't really deal enough damage to actually cause permanent damage or stall them (although even the kages failed at that with madara).

What I do wonder is just why exactly sakura never got tsunade's regenerating technique or her slug summons. She was her apprentice and sasuke and naruto got techniques and summons from their teachers. Why would kishi skip on that with sakura? The healing technique might perhaps be a little cruel for a little girl considering it does cause long term damage but in turn it would have been enough for sakura to be a relevant support for naruto to some degree. Still, even that would not have been enough for her to be too relevant, the power levels are insane right now.... Even now naruto is relevant because of the kyubi, his sage mode is barely a factor here....
    healing can make her relevant, in a supporting way

but no, this manga suffers the same fate as many lengthy shounen manga's

towards the end only a select few are strong enough to actually make a difference in the final battles

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* It's like people want Sakura to be Naruto's bitch or something or they don't get comical moments.Those posts in the chapter thread

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven 0 View Post
    *sigh* It's like people want Sakura to be Naruto's bitch or something or they don't get comical moments.Those posts in the chapter thread
    LOL I guess some people just lack sense of humors. Or maybe it's cultural differences? We (I'm an Asian woman) normally view a character like Sakura as a funny, loving, mother-like kind of person. If we love someone we would be very strict and harsh towards them, because we worry and care about them. So, it's normal to see Asian women slap, hit, snap, shout, acting tough at their boyfriends in front of others in real life, and especially in manga. But that doesn't mean we don't have softer or romantic sides, we actually do, and we just do it in private, which it's totally opposite in Western countries, where most couples just show their love, cuddling, kissing, talking cute in front of others. =3

Anyway, I can see that the latest chapter would only piss NaruHina fans off. And it gives me thrills. XD

Spoiler show

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    LOL I guess some people just lack sense of humors. Or maybe it's cultural differences? We (I'm an Asian woman) normally view a character like Sakura as a funny, loving, mother-like kind of person. If we love someone we would be very strict and harsh towards them, because we worry and care about them. So, it's normal to see Asian women slap, hit, snap, shout, acting tough at their boyfriends in front of others in real life, and especially in manga. But that doesn't mean we don't have softer or romantic sides, we actually do, and we just do it in private, which it's totally opposite in Western countries, where most couples just show their love, cuddling, kissing, talking cute in front of others. =3

Anyway, I can see that the latest chapter would only piss NaruHina fans off. And it gives me thrills. XD

Spoiler show
    It's mostly because people don't like her cause she was infatuated with Sasuke.She really didn't hate Naruto,She did care for him and people whine about how she always abuses him Which really isn't the case.It's comic relief.People say that she was selfish because she said to Naruto that he didn't have to bring Sasuke back for her.She just thought if Naruto was doing it for her that is all.She was concerned about him.

Probably today's chapter did pissoff Naruhina fans . Sasusaku shippers might've found this page interesting lol.
    Spoiler show

They did have kindof a brief moment

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast