Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Best Manga Overall

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Piece

73 46.79%
  • Fullmetal Alchemist

40 25.64%
  • Berserk

19 12.18%
  • Naruto

12 7.69%
  • Death Note

12 7.69%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best Manga Overall

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Manga Overall

I'm proud of those who like naruto. Glad that we can be fair in our judgement. But more importantly, what happened to Berserk? Its unbelievably sad to see such class getting shunned like this.
    Last edited by saladesu; January 31, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess its a matter of having a smaller readership... More people read shounen than seinen - just look at the number of posts (or threads, or even sections) in the Shounen section of MH compared to the Seinen section. Sad as it may be, shounen somehow seems to draw more fans and gets more attention in general.

I personally have yet to read Berserk (I am going to... Soon), so I can't comment on it. I love both One Piece and FMA a great deal, but I went with FMA simply because it's such a complete package. Not because it's a completed manga, but because of all its different aspects and facets that made it such a good manga. Action, comedy, heartwarming-ness, philosophical life questions, romance... FMA really had it all, imo. It made me sad to see that the gap between OP and FMA was so big. Well, at least FMA won the Staff vote :3

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, we have a lot of manga better than the big 3, but competition between the big 3, one piece win by large margin ....

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that the Big 3 are mainstream; many people who read one of those manga tend not to know of others. Big 3 can be seen as the manga to introduce others to the world of manga, and you usually have new readers that have either read the Big 3 or prefers it over other manga, not to mention wanting to be loyal. If I had not gotten into Naruto and Yu Yu, I'd have most likely voted for Dragon Ball since it was naruto that got me interred in manga.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    I'm proud of those who like naruto. Glad that we can be fair in our judgement. But more importantly, what happened to Berserk? Its unbelievably sad to see such class getting shunned like this.
    It's really a Shonen focussed community here, just like pretty much everywhere. Seinen don't really make it into top lists of overall sells etc. anywhere. Probably it's still that manga really are mainly read by younger people than that.

However, that Berserk and Death Note (yep I know that Death Note is a Shonen, don't worry) ended up so low surprises me a little, especially for Death Note which is pretty much a classic.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3