Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite master?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elder

7 10.61%
  • Kouetsuji Akisame

17 25.76%
  • Sakaki Shio

15 22.73%
  • Apachai Hopachai

12 18.18%
  • Ma Kensei

2 3.03%
  • Kousaka Shigure

13 19.70%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite master?

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is your favourite master?

Which of the masters of Ryouzanpaku is your favourite? Who tortures Kenichi the best? Who would you like to train under?

My favourite is Apachai, because he's just so funny and lovable, just like a child, yet is so strong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is your favourite master?

I like Shigure because:

1. she's a silent, animal loving (though I like dogs, not mice or whatever it is, lol), but actionable type of character, which is a lot like me myself. So, I can really relate to her. We speak with our actions, though I have no martial arts abilities, and especial no weapon using abilities, lol.

2. She's hawt! @.@, in her stereotype ninja garb, hehe. She likes to swim nearly naked, in a string bikini.

3. She's good with all types of weapons

4. has a really enjoyable personality, and is extremely funny too.

5. She cares about Kenichi a lot, but she's too shy/silent and has trouble speaking up/well, so besides the other masters, hardly anyone notices her feelings (wonders/ponders if Shigure might like Kenichi romantically... lol).
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote Sakaki, because he is a supreme badass.

That is all.

Shigure is a close second but Sakaki wins because it seems to me that Shigure is the weakest of the bunch >>; or maybe there's some other TOTALLY MYSTERIOUS AND UNKNOWN REASON why she ends up looking the most battle damaged.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say Shigure is the weakest per se.

She does amazingly well, especially with/for using weapons which normally kill, without killing anyone.

If she were to kill, fight seriously, she'd be extremely dangerous, weapons do enhance the body's abilities if used correctly, and she knows how to

I mean come on, turning a spoon into such a deadly weapon!!!! She's got DEADLY POWER!
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said in the OP, my favourite is Apachai. I think my second favourite would be Akisame. He always has the most sadistic and funny (for us) ways to make Kenichi train, yet at the same time he is the wise one you know you can count on to give good advice and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyven View Post
    or maybe there's some other TOTALLY MYSTERIOUS AND UNKNOWN REASON why she ends up looking the most battle damaged.
    I'm guessing it's the ecchi. To show more skin, she needs to get more of her clothes sliced off

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say my favourite is Elder, cause he is totally insane sometimes with his training and his lifestyle. Also speaking about his abilities I should also admit that he is totally on the different level from the others.

Though I like every master from Ryozanpaku.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the contrary to me. The fact that he is so insanely strong makes him my least favorite. In fact he is the only one I can rank below the other as for the rest it is very difficult to chose. Perhaps Appachoi but it's like you say you like chocolate. It's just impossible to not like him

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know. If I had to train under someone, I'd probably pick Akisame. He's the one that constructs all the training gadgets and forces Kenichi the most. Plus, the most important thing, that muscle remodeling is just to good to pass up.

But if we were picking favourites, I'd probably say Sakaki. Though, I can't really say I like one the best. It's more like how they interact with each other. It wouldn't be the same if even one of them was missing.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Akisame and second favorite is Sakaki.....why?...well...first of all i like jiujitsu,and i like Akisame character pretty much aswell (smart,strong and ellegant guy) if i had to choose a master wich gonna train me,then it's totaly gonna be him...
    Now considering Sakaki it's....mmm...how shall i put this.....lets assume a "roles" to all of masters...i see them like this:
    Akisame - mentor
    Sakaki- is more like an older brother
    Apachai- is like an little child
    Sigure- shes strong an hot...but well shes still more like a kid (just like Apachai)
    Kensei - an old ero geezer) like a grandpa in this family
    Elder - he is just too strong..thats kinda the thing i didnt like in him)

Sooo...the point, i like Sakaki's level of interactions with all others ....case it's obviously not so childish(like Apachai) and totaly not that serious(Akisame) hes somwhere in mid of that...and thats why i like hes character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to go with Apachai. He is so freaking epic that he came back from the dead to protect Kenichi. Plus he is hilarious. I loved the chapter where he became a legend to the high school basketball team and the chapter where he tried to bring Kenichi his lunch and ended up becoming a legend to the fire department.

A close second would be Shigure. I like her interactions with Kenichi and she is hella skilled. Plus she is super hot.

Akisame is pretty cool too. I like his fighting style and it is funny how he is so calm while training Kenichi in the most vicious, but hilarious ways.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

james shiba should be added he is the man. his moustache is awsome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the Elder to be the funniest and most interesting master. Shigure is #2 on my list for self-explanatory reasons.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i really like all of them but apachai and sakaki is special for me :

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member redred's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would honestly have to say the masters as a whole are my favorite thing about the whole manga xD

but hands down my favorite has to be the elder.
    hes just so ridiculous in everything that he does that it makes for a great scenes whenever hes part of the plot.
    i dont know why you guys dont like the elder being "too strong"
    i mean thats what invincible supermen are normally like xD

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite master is Sakaki. The guy is just as badass as he is protective of Kenichi. All in all I like his character. He's also a badass biker and that is enough for me. Oh yeah, and he is the only one so far who fought 2 master class opponents. And got the girl in the end

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast