Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite master?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elder

7 10.61%
  • Kouetsuji Akisame

17 25.76%
  • Sakaki Shio

15 22.73%
  • Apachai Hopachai

12 18.18%
  • Ma Kensei

2 3.03%
  • Kousaka Shigure

13 19.70%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite master?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is your favourite master?

i'd have to go with Akisame but....i'd like a poll about who we think is the strongest....cuz favourite really kind of depends on mood for me they're very individually well built characters i love em all

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member llmcduff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Shigure b/c she's "sharp" and she "bounces" - a lot.
    Me hungry!!! Or is it, Me Grimlock? I don't remember.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakaki I like those times when he stays up drinking, worried when Kenichi does something. There's that time he's waxing all these opponents & he starts describing his moves like he's training kenichi, that killed me(but I asked the shinigami for some time). 2nd gotta be Kensei because yes the world needs more ero

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Akisame gets me vote . I like his Jujutsu and personally a fan of fighters where one uses body twisting moves and all .

Part from that , he is a good mentor and has those gr8 machines .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakaki! Karate rules and he is a real badass! Akisame is a close second...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akisame is the greatest! He can latch onto the tiniest nooks and crannies with his freaking toes! He can sense when someone far away is insulting him, who it is, and how he's being insulted! *cough* meddling mustache *cough* His methods of training and medicine are akin sadism.
    He is EPIC!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I can have a favorite master here. They are all cool in a way but I also get the impression each of them is painfully generic in too many forms. None of them has that something which would make them stand out from the others or would make me have a favorite.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

i like sakaki 'cause he's cool and i like his tsundere side as well ...he's the most protective of kenichi and also the funnies he's my favorite character as well

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I initially voted for Apachai... But now I think I wanna change to Akisame (not going to fiddle with the vote counts though)

The methods he comes up with to train Kenichi are just epic! Seriously, he doesn't waste any opportunity. Apachai is still awesome, and honestly all the other masters are too, but Akisame takes the cake. I don't think I'd want Akisame to train me though, I'd much rather the nicer (though not necessarily gentler) Apachai.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about it, the yami masters are far cooler than the ryozampaku characters. They are far more original and to a decent degree lack all the cliche elements that plague the ryozampaku masters.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Thinking about it, the yami masters are far cooler than the ryozampaku characters. They are far more original and to a decent degree lack all the cliche elements that plague the ryozampaku masters.
    Yeah, but the ryozampaku masters have cooler personalities.

My favorite would probably be Akisame also, although I don't think there's any point in arguing who the strongest is. It's obviously the elder. Not only does he only use like .0001% of his actual power and still pwn people, but even with his eyes closed and body and mind split, he still wtfpwns people.
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Ma nobody likes the way of the Ero lolz. Anyways Sakaki is my favorite master although Apachai and Ma Kensei is fighting 2nd place.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

After giving it some thought I finally came to the conclusion that my favorite master is sakaki.

Akisame is plainly boring IMO. He is flawless, he does not make mistakes, he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING about EVERY.... and so on. His only one redeeming feature IMO is that he in spite of him appearing to be a sensible man with enough common sense to bring about worldpeace x thesecondcoming he is actually the most brutal an inhuman of kenichi's masters and the most willing one to bring the poor kid to the verge of death and use some weird medicine to bring him back.

Apachai sucks. Almost enough said. The guy is a monumental moron and his stupidity only serves as a source of humor. I am not sure of how I feel about the author passing the overwhelming ignorance and mental retardation which plagues the guy as him being "pure" or something. I am not saying I don't laugh at apachai humor (I am not a very politically correct person myself nor I have interest in it so....) but I still find everything about him plain wrong.

Shigure is ok but her personality is kinda boring. At least she is not outright stupid as apachai is, she is just plain ignorant about EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING about.... and so on. I never particularly got the thing about her particular manner of speech where she pauses in mid sentence. Its like some of the related humor of that got lost in translation.

Ma is actually a cool character. He reminds me of master roshi lol. He has wisdom, he has ero, he kicks but while at the same time he is not flawless as a character.

Sakaki is perhaps the cooler of kenichi's masters for me. He kicks ass and in spite of appearing to be the most brutal of kenichi's teachers he is one of the more lenient ones which contrasts beautifully with him being the one to take him to the underworld trips where his beloved disciple will fight to the death.

The elder is similar to akisame in that he does not seem to be flawed but he does have a few redeeming features. He appears to have a clue to what he is doing but ends up hoping that his insane plants actually worked rather than it resulting in kenichi either turning into a bloodthirsty yami-ish fighter or outright dies brutally in a reckless fight (assuming kenichi survived).

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end I would pick Ma Kensei...He shows proficiency in raising a disicple and his training isn't torturous he just goes along with Akisame ides because they build foundation for his technique's.

I would like to train with Apachi too. He would raise you to be a killer and to hit with all your might. I would survive his training and kill him after he teaches me Muy Bouran.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Akisame and sakaki is tied for me, I love akisame's unreasonable logic and the fact that he is a master at most things outside martial arts in a funny way and sakaki is this tough guy but has a extremely nice side!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast