Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: How is thor and canut similar?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

How is thor and canut similar?

I don't see anything similar between them. Canut cannot hold water in front of thor. He is nothing but a delusional kid who thinks he is making utopia when he is actually creating hells of war. How can his eyes be similar to thor's?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How is thor and canut similar?

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    I don't see anything similar between them. Canut cannot hold water in front of thor. He is nothing but a delusional kid who thinks he is making utopia when he is actually creating hells of war. How can his eyes be similar to thor's?

I don't quite remember, when was it said that he was having the same eyes as him?
    I think that must've been way beforehand, after that kind of enlightenment he has after Ragnar's death and his talk with the priest? Then it would probably have been the resolve he gained from that. All of the sudden he had a clear goal, which he would give his life for if necessary. That's equal to Thors, who had no fear of dying either.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    I don't quite remember, when was it said that he was having the same eyes as him?
    I think that must've been way beforehand, after that kind of enlightenment he has after Ragnar's death and his talk with the priest? Then it would probably have been the resolve he gained from that. All of the sudden he had a clear goal, which he would give his life for if necessary. That's equal to Thors, who had no fear of dying either.
    Spoiler show
    Oh don't worry i've caught up with the latest chapter so you can write without spoiler tags

well,its true that it was said earlier, but you remember how askeladd acknowledged canut as his leader? the only other person he acknowledged as such was Thor...the mangaka even wrote up dialogues for askeladd about how he chooses his leader,so i think its important how this equates between them.

The same case with Thorkell, he is the one who said that canut and Thor had the same eyes. He vowed to put an end to canut if he does anything cowardly, yet he was the one who advised canut later that his path has to be bloodstained. Apparently he doesn't count what canut has been doing as cowardly or something lesser than what thor believed in,cause that's the reason he started following canut,sensing that both canut and thor knew better than him,knew how to be a true warrior. Despite all the atrocities canut committed, thorkell still feels the same way otherwise he would've stopped following canut.

And thorkell himself has no fear of death,neither had askeladd apparently. It must be something greater than just this that canut and thor know. Its just that i can't imagine what could be common between these two.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    And thorkell himself has no fear of death,neither had askeladd apparently. It must be something greater than just this that canut and thor know. Its just that i can't imagine what could be common between these two.
    That's right, but neither Thorkell nor Askeladd had the idea of an "ultimate Utopia" which they would fight for. Thorkell would sacrifice his life for his honor and for fighting, Askeladd would die for tactical reasons. But that resolution of doing and suffering everything for a superior goal? I'm not so sure if they had it.

Askeladd kinda did it, but that was not due to a state of mind he always had. He just all of the sudden saw the right thing to do, it was kinda spontaneously, while Thors and Canute (young Canute at least - the current one might consider his own live beeing more important, actually) carry their resolution every minute.

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    That's right, but neither Thorkell nor Askeladd had the idea of an "ultimate Utopia" which they would fight for. Thorkell would sacrifice his life for his honor and for fighting, Askeladd would die for tactical reasons. But that resolution of doing and suffering everything for a superior goal? I'm not so sure if they had it.

Askeladd kinda did it, but that was not due to a state of mind he always had. He just all of the sudden saw the right thing to do, it was kinda spontaneously, while Thors and Canute (young Canute at least - the current one might consider his own live beeing more important, actually) carry their resolution every minute.
    and yet one of them 'escaped'/'ran away' while the other (young canut) chose war. How can they be similar even at that stage when canut was young? i didn't understand what canut meant by love(may be that's where the similarity lies), only after that realisation he was revered by askeladd and thorkell as somebody who has the same eyes as that of thors.

New Reply