Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vinland Saga 68 Discussion/69 Predictions

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga 68 Discussion/69 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Yeah his dream is still very confusing to me as well. The climbing a mountain and falling could represent far too many things. But the calling of his dad's and Askelad's names could very well be from guilt. Guilt of not saving his dad (even though he couldn't have done anything) and guilt of spending his youth trying to get revenge on a man who virtually treated him like a son (even though at times it didn't appear that way).
    Indeed you are correct. In panel 5, there were hands grabbing and trying to make lose his grip, no? If I am not mistaken, I think his dreams are telling him to stop relying on the only ambition he had, that was to kill Askelad. He has to move on with life. The story may shift from individual revenge (ambition) to a broader aspect, e.g., fighting for his nation or something.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah his dream is still very confusing to me as well. The climbing a mountain and falling could represent far too many things. But the calling of his dad's and Askelad's names could very well be from guilt. Guilt of not saving his dad (even though he couldn't have done anything) and guilt of spending his youth trying to get revenge on a man who virtually treated him like a son (even though at times it didn't appear that way).
    If I'm correct no one knows what Thorfinn has done specifically after Askeladd was killed and he repeats tellin' that it looks like he forgot something important. I wonder if that's related to his dream or if I am putting to much meaning into his words.

Nice chapter btw, it's good to see Thorfinn grow up. Really liked what the old man said to him but I hope we get to see some action next time. Thorfinn has to be the next badass fighter after Askeladd's death

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

good point, naruto-nii. I don't remember as well if there was any mention of how Thorfinn even got to that farm. That gap could be important.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his dream is showing guilt that he hasn't become something great like his dad or what his fathers killer said to him, but its still sub concious atm and he hasn't realised it yet and is confused. I can't tell where the story is going to go its so irratating. The message from the old man made me think it would be bad taste if something like getting into a fight at showing his abilities and ending up in the military, would be bad taste. But he's going to end up fighting at one point i'm guessing so i'm not sure what the author is going to do.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright! I just got all caught up and this manga is fantastic. Everything was great, characters and their personalities, the action and fight coreography, and the plot and setting. All really well done.

So that takes us to the current chapter. Will this crop situation force thorfinn to fight for the first time since becoming a slave? Maybe in order to save his partner(forgot his name, something with an E) since he would be more gung ho to fight who ever destroyed the crops.

Even if thorfinn doesn't fight now I find it hard to envision how he will fight in the future. I don't see him fighting as violently as he used to. He could fight like thors used to but he doesn't seem good enough fight purely bare handed yet. Maybe he could just avoid vital points.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vizard5's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

i think his dream is analogy for something.. he sais he can't fall cause then he will "go there" and he ends up falling. so maybe he's to climb to get a good look over his life, but he is dragged down by something that seems like alot of people. but in the panel where he's falling there is only one arm, so maybe it only feels like there is a lot that holds him down. i think the place he ends up at when he is falling is in the state of mind he is in now. very disspirited and negative, has no belief in himself etc.. also i think the thing he is forgetting is vinland.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    good point, naruto-nii. I don't remember as well if there was any mention of how Thorfinn even got to that farm. That gap could be important.
    I'm not so sure about that, he probably just got punished and sold as a slave after the events around the King's death. I rather guess that his lost memory might be some kind of conclusion from the information he gained from his father and Askeladd, or maybe that he lost his aim of becoming a "true warrior" like his father, as he obviously never knew what his father ment with that.
    The dream could be about trying to see what "true warrior" means to understand the way his father lived - he just couldn't ever accomplish it, because it is resembled by the top of the cliff he fails to climb.
    Another thing I think of is that the lost memory might be the dream of him and his family arriving in Vinland. After all he didn't care for his family for a long time now...

By the way how long does it take for new Vinland Saga chapters to be released?
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; November 25, 2010 at 11:26 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    By the way how long does it take for new Vinland Saga chapters to be released?
    Generally around a month.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally around a month.
    Ah ok that's quite fine, after all I expect Thorfinn to be in a situation where he has to reactivate his fighting skills quite soon
    Or possibly Thorkell starts a revolt before that... either way, I'm relatively certain that there will be bloodsheed in near future

(Doesn't really belong here but I started working on a page from the, I think, second volume where Thorfinn talks to a slave; only started with the first panel yet though: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1...orfinnzw01.jpg )
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; November 25, 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So um Just curious.. But did chapter 69 come out this month in Japan?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can download it at raw-bunko.com

It's in the Afternoon archive.
    Last edited by Akiyama; November 30, 2010 at 04:23 PM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vizard5's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 69 is out on mangastreams now http://mangastream.com/read/vinland_saga/92780160/1

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2