Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga 65 Chapter Discussion

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland Saga 65 Chapter Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss chapter 65. Remember, no spoilers outside of this thread for 48 hours after release.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga 65 Discussion

I haven't seen any chapter out, is it even out?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

According to a guest comment on manga.gamestotal.com where I usually read this manga, the only site that was getting the raws was shut down and they don't think there will be anymore releases.

I'm kind of glad in some respects, because you can't follow the story each month because the progression is too slow. I'm glad that it is slow, because it's creating such a good story, but I can't discipline myself to wait until another saga has been complete

I wish I stopped reading at the climax of the last saga. Godamn, it was indescribably good.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hox does not use public raws for Vinland Saga, raw paradise closing had no effect on scanlations. There was no chapter in May since the author was sick.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Okuni Sensei's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura made an official letter to explain he was sick and become a dad for the third time as the same time.
    The next chapter should be in the issue of July. Unless he's still need rest.

7. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland Saga 65 Chapter Discussion

Hopefully the next chapter will take us beyond the farmland saga

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I have a bad feeling the farming won't end any time soon. Hopefully the story at least shift back to England for a chapter or two ^^

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah same here, I don't think the farming will end, at least not in the next chapter. Especially if its 20 pages long But since they now have a horse to help them complete their work much faster, I don't see it lasting too much longer. And if it does, though, I imagine something important happening. Not sure what it would be though.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Farmland Saga will be as long as England Saga...and the 2 Sagas will be merged in the end, because I guess Thorfinn will find the purpose of his life at the end of this saga...if there will be any similarity to the historical explorer Thorfinn, then our Thorfinn could even embark on a journey after this saga, then return back to england...

So I think there will be no england for a while...at least not during farmland saga

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sena's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you think that Thorfinn during all this time on the farms has been building strength. Years have passed and he is not the little shrimp he once was.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure he is physically stronger, but he is still a very small man.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sena View Post
    Don't you think that Thorfinn during all this time on the farms has been building strength. Years have passed and he is not the little shrimp he once was.
    But he's stagnating mentally. He may be getting stronger physically but he is not becoming a better soldier, explorer, or person. He needs to get off the farm to move forward as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I think the Farmland Saga will be as long as England Saga...and the 2 Sagas will be merged in the end, because I guess Thorfinn will find the purpose of his life at the end of this saga...if there will be any similarity to the historical explorer Thorfinn, then our Thorfinn could even embark on a journey after this saga, then return back to england...

So I think there will be no england for a while...at least not during farmland saga
    Unless something happens to move the plot a bit I hope Farmland Saga doesn't last as long. Maybe meeting the owner will turn things around. If he were to begin the process of growing up, finding purpose in life, I'd enjoy it a lot more. I wouldn't even want fast, it would be like Vagabond when Musashi is contemplating what makes a true warrior. I don't know how much more I can take of Thorofinn cutting down trees, looking depressed. However it goes Yukimura is such a good mangaka I assume the farming will ultimately be perfect for the over all plot of the series, in the long run.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga 65 Chapter Discussion

Chapter 65 is out!!! Get it from Hox as usual.

Just finished reading the new chapter. If you haven't read yet, don't look...you've been warned.

Thorfinn is growing up and getting smarter by being on this farm. This chapter made that abundantly clear. From realizing that simple peasants can come up with great inventions to understanding that wealth is not always a good thing.

I think this chapter may have hinted at what Thorfinn will to do after he's no longer a slave. They may make him a guard for the farm. When Snake was talking about the guards he asked Thorfinn's opinion because he remembers how well he fought I assume. So he could put in the word for him. Then while defending the farm, he could run up against some fellow vikings! Maybe not the last part but I'm really thinking he's going to become a guard for the farm. Very good way for him to get his fighting skills back.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 26, 2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some character growth for Thorfinn definitely made this chapter, a good one all around. He seemed less depressed this chapter, more lively. This may have been the most relaxed he looked the entire series, far more than when he was bent on revenge in England. Maybe his time on the farm will give him direction, replacing revenge with a yearning for a quiet life. I agree, it does seem like his way out of slavery will be as a guard.

Another highlight for me was Snake and Ketil's father. The bickering, the sleeping, the obvious respect they have for each other. Ketil's father seems wise, he also seems like he will be the key to this arc, the key to Thorfinn regaining his freedom. I disagree with Thorfinn about something: Ketil and his father are much closer than they seem. While they don't see eye to eye it is obvious Ketil cares for his father. And while his father does not agree with his son's ambitions for the farm, he does seem to respect his accomplishments.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 27, 2010 at 03:21 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a good chapter. I keep forgetting how good yukimura is at character interactions. Anyways, were in for a big fight sooner or later

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast