Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 14 (ch116-ch124) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 122 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    To the people who's saying Nanamine's treating Kosugi like trash, here's proof he isn't. What Nanamine is doing is great IMO. All these time, the editor and author are never on equal standing. But Nanamine is forcing Kosugi to be on equal standing with him. Which is good because this is what Jump needs to realize. Kosugi also doesn't seem to realize that by working with so many people he can widen his perspective and improve his skills as an editor. It's really a win-win situation here.
    oyos

you do realize that if those spoilers are true, the only reason he's even asking kosugi's opinion 'right off the bat' is because he just lost 2 supporters in his little circle. if they hadn't dropped out, i'm sure nanamine would disregard kosugi like he has been doing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 2 people dropped out. That means there's only 48 right now. I don't think it makes a difference. I think even if those 2 didn't drop out, Nanamine would still ask Kosugi's opinion the way he did in this chapter.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the 2 people that dropped out was the factor. Like Newkerzy said it's just a miserly 2 people out of 50. However, I don't think Nanamine is asking for Kosugi's opinion out of any respect for him or anything. Rather, I think he's sort of testing Kosugi to see what he responds. If Kosugi hadn't given the 'correct' answer which was the stuff about the artwork, most likely Nanamine would not ever ask him again. At the very least, the fact that Kosugi gave him the answer he wanted, will maybe make Nanamine respect Kosugi a little bit more (but based on his character, probably not ).

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

How so?? I'm actually more inclined to believe in Nanamine's judgment. If anything, JUMP should be the antagonist in this arc, not him. In fact, I would support Nanamine.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter isn't out yet, but i am speculating Nanamine's new assistant is Nakai
    This is just a wild stab in the dark, but if those two guys really team-up and Nakai hasn't change his attitude, looks like the duo will be set up as the antagonist of this series. assholes team up

add the pervert moe mangaka (whose name i forgot) in the mix, we shall have the trio we'd love to slap xDD
    Last edited by R4n; February 24, 2011 at 03:14 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R4n View Post
    Chapter isn't out yet, but i am speculating Nanamine's new assistant is Nakai
    This is just a wild stab in the dark, but if those two guys really team-up and Nakai hasn't change his attitude, looks like the duo will be set up as the antagonist of this series. assholes team up

add the pervert moe mangaka (whose name i forgot) in the mix, we shall have the trio we'd love to slap xDD
    Right on the money. It's kinda obvious.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

to me it is pretty obvious it's nakai
    >"No matter what background I need, he can draw it from whatever angle without looking at any reference material. He can even do betafura (TN: I need to think of a better way to translate this but these are the spiky bubbles done with tones like this), and can draw whatever he wants just as he imagines it."
    hello, doesn't this ring a bell anyone? This is pretty much, almost word to word, how fukuda introduced nakai

I don't think nanamine is being fair to the editor at all, i think he is just playing with him. For him "51" doesn't mean "one of 51" but more like "50 important people, and then this one guy i could care less" at least thats how he acted until now. He hears the opinion of that guy, but like someone else said in this thread, if he hadn't said the correct answer he would have neglected his comment at all.

P.s.: I think editors are useless too, however i still don't agree with what nanamine is doing, because i realized over my years that you can't rely on someone else, at least not if you don't pay him/them. This chapter proved it, and it will continue, that is that a lot more people will drop out.

P.p.s.: I think editors are useless because people who only studied writing/art in school don't have the neccesery experience to be an editor(on this case i am with nanamine) i think ex-mangaka would be better for this job, or at least train an editor before you give him a mangaka.(they kinda do this, by making a new editor supervising a new mangaka, but it could hurt the new mangaka more than it would help the new editor)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fou Luz's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Nanamine's strategy is bad, but as an artist is just lame. I mean, if you only want success and make money, then it's ok, go for it. But as Nizuma Eiji said, "I can't see his face" because is not real original manga, and Nanamine can't call his work as his own style, his own manga. Yes, it's his own style of doing things, but it's not his style of making/creating manga. It's a manga without soul, without pride on your own work, Nanamine is just like Tite Kubo or Akira Toriyama nowadays, it's just a bunch of interesting ideas together.

I, as mangaka-wanna-be, have discovered that finding your own style and creating your own stories, even alongside with a friend or two as scripters, is what makes you love to keep drawing and trying harder. Nanamine just wants the easy way, he does not love manga, he just want to be famous and make money.

On top of that, as Ashirogi Muto and his editor stated, Nanamine's characters aren't enough developed, so Nanamine's work may have good story with a compendium of very good ideas, but a manga needs powerful characters to move that story. Death Note is Death Note because it has L and Light Yagami, without characters like that I wonder if it would have been that good.

I predict that the main problem Nanamine will find it will be his characters. And let's not forget that this is a JUMP manga, Tsugumi Ohba may want to create controversy around this topic of "editors VS no editors", but in the end, Ashirogi Muto must win this contest if Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba want to keep their jobs. XD
    Last edited by saladesu; February 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this chapter if it is actually true... I think as most people think Nakai will be returning. As expected Bakuman w/ an antagonist is a sure hit but I think it is better to have an older mangaka antagonist rather than a new one..

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fou Luz View Post
    Nanamine is just like Tite Kubo or Akira Toriyama nowadays

I predict that the main problem Nanamine will find it will be his characters. And let's not forget that this is a JUMP manga, Tsugumi Ohba may want to create controversy around this topic of "editors VS no editors", but in the end, Ashirogi Muto must win this contest if Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba want to keep their jobs. XD
    Whoa, whoa.... hold up there buddy!! I get Kubo, but you do know that Toriyama is the pioneer/godfather of modern shonen manga, right?? which means that he's the one who started the foundation of what modern shonen manga is today.

Frankly, I really hope Ohba and Obata is being honest in this arc but too bad Jump is probably threatening them behind the scenes.
    Last edited by saladesu; February 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It didn't occur to me that this assistant could be Nakai, but good point and yes now I do think it is him How obvious it was actually, how could I have missed that! Anyway, I think it's an excellent way to introduce Nakai back into the story if it really is him.

I suppose Ohba-sensei (Obata-sensei has little to no say in the story so not much of a point bringing him up, actually It's not the same kind of relationship as Saikou and Shuujin) is given a certain amount of freedom, or else we wouldn't have characters criticizing the survey ranking system of Jump in past chapters. To what extent he has this freedom, is another story.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

For the nth time, Ohba foreshadowed an assistant again. I'm kinda doubting if it's really Nakai because Nananime will surely fail big in the end. Kinda weird to introduce Nakai in a boat that we know will sink soon. Although if that's really the case, i wonder how Ohba will make his name smells good after this arc.

I'm guessing that team Fukuda will make an initiative move when Nananime debuted. Ashirogi doesn't need to say it to them explicitely. Both Eiji and Fukuda will rank higher than Nananime's manga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the assistant is likely Nakai based on the spoiler translation, but it makes absolutely no sense to me that he would take the job.

If he wanted a job as an assistant, he could get one in a heartbeat. Absolutely, unquestionably. He could probably also get a job drawing a manga though that would take time to arrange. This makes it highly unlikely that he would have been looking for a job as an assistant online. Could Nanamine have found out that he was out of work and contacted him? I guess, but it doesn't seem likely to me that he would come out of retirement for him and not listen to Mashiro who he was friends with.

Unless, Nanamine appealed to a hypothetical bitterness of Nakai in regards to Jump. I have no idea what that bitterness would be based upon, but if he was bitter, I could see him leaping for a chance to stick it Jump which helping Nanamine could be seen as.

tl;dr: Nakai returning in this situation would be a terrible plot move.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 122 Raw Scan out on MangaHead, it's too soon this week

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

there too much pop up i'll prefer here