Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 389

Thread: Bakuman Vol 14 (ch116-ch124) Discussion

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 116 Discussion / 117 Prediction

    Omg, Ohba & Obata included themselves, and Deathnote in the Bakuman world XD

    And CoT is a first class manga.

  2. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 116 Discussion / 117 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    Omg, Ohba & Obata included themselves, and Deathnote in the Bakuman world XD

    And CoT is a first class manga.
    Looks like you missed the scene in chapter 1.. here

  3. #18
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 116 Discussion / 117 Prediction

    It's always cute when Ohba makes reference to Death Note (btw, Azuki's birthday is also a DN reference of sorts) in Bakuman I don't remember them ever outright mentioning themselves, though? Have they? I know they have mentioned Oda-sensei, Toriyama-sensei and others, but I don't recall them actually saying "Ohba Tsugumi-sensei" or "Obata Takeshi-sensei"...

    I wish we could have been shown more of the various other manga in the series, like we have seen snippets of CoT and PCP etc, but I guess it doesn't really fit into the story and would distract from the actual plot. It would be really nice if we got more one-shots like Otter #11, or little bangaihen-styled things in the tankoubon

  4. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rowel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sp
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 116 Discussion / 117 Prediction

    The Classroom of truth did seem really interesting, although a bit too dark for Jump. I had a feeling the author would be someone influenced by Ashirogi's work. Looking forward to see how this arc dealing with Toru fleshes out.

    And once again, it still feels weird having Ashirogi as judges. This just goes to show you how far they've come since the story started and yet they still have an uphill struggle with not only current rivals but and coming ones. Not to mention that tiny tidbit about creating a series that could one day become an anime.

  5. #20
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bakuman Bakuman 117 Discussion / 118 Prediction

    This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman!

    And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

    * Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
    For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

    * Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.

    Spoiler: Making a spoiler post synoptic show

    * Please do not image tag the complete chapter
    It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 or so), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

    * Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
    Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.


    You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.


    spoiler & translationVerification: Confirmed
    Source: 2ch, MH
    Credit: 9vemxhAgO, saladesu

    472 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/01/20(木) 19:52:47 ID:9vemxhAgO
    お、久しぶりに書けた。ちょい前までここでネタバレしてたけど規制長引いてなかなか来れんかったわ

    帰宅したらもう少し詳細書くからとりあえず簡易で

    ファンレターの少年と編集部が対面した。
    シンジツの教室は佳作にも入らなかったが、ジャンプにあったネームを
    書かせるようにして他社に渡さないようにした。
    しかし後日、ブログにてスキャンしてあった原稿を公開した。
    そのおかげで編集部には何故入賞しないかなど批難が殺到、ニュース出も取り上げられて一気に話題になった。
    最後のコマを見る限るではこうなることをわかってわざとやっているように見えた。

    The boy who wrote the fan letters had a meeting with the editors.
    They tell him that although Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu does not even get an honorable mention, to please draw a name suiting Jump and not give it to any other company.
    But the next day, he posts scans on his blog, thus making his manuscript public.
    This triggers a flood of complaints to the editorial division asking why he did not win anything, and it became a hot topic, even making the news.
    In the last panel, it looks like he knew this would happen and had purposely done this (posting scans).


    Hmm, first off, its interesting that he got the same comments as Ashirogi did when they first met with Hattori ages ago at the very start of their mangaka journey. Secondly, this Ashirogi #2 seems to be really scheming. I guess it fits with the kind of manga they are drawing. Yet, I'm not so sure how all this happening will really affect Ashirogi or the overall plot of Bakuman :/
    Last edited by saladesu; January 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spoiler is confirmed

  6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    I think this chapter implies Ohba and Obata's thoughts on scanlations. Think about it, this Tooru guy scanned his manga on the net and I'm willing to bet there are also comments from overseas. This just shows how powerful the influence of the web on a manga. I think Ohba and Obata agrees with scanlations because it allows the authors to get input from the readers. Hell, quite a lot of these are very constructive.

  8. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I think this chapter implies Ohba and Obata's thoughts on scanlations. Think about it, this Tooru guy scanned his manga on the net and I'm willing to bet there are also comments from overseas. This just shows how powerful the influence of the web on a manga. I think Ohba and Obata agrees with scanlations because it allows the authors to get input from the readers. Hell, quite a lot of these are very constructive.
    I wouldn't interpret that as pro scanlation. I see it more of a comment against editors deciding what will work in Jump. This has been a repeated theme in the series. (well, it has gone both ways. Fukuda chided the editors for cancelling new series early because they aren't immediately popular. As if the editors can't tell if something is good.)

    And really, if you think about it, this could be easily interpreted as ANTI-scanlation. Yes, he is giving away his work for free, but likely in an attempt to gain publicity and get into the establishment where he can make money. (Unless he was just submitting because Ashirogi was judging, and intended to release it anyway. We'd have to wait till we see him as a character to say)

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread


  11. #24
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shen jue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Sao Tome e Principe
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    . ->
    Hmmm... I think I can posit a rough translation in about 5 to 6 hours.

    <-

  12. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Yeah, i don't think it has anything to do with scanlation either, but more like the scary possibities of the new media the internet. This is actually kinda similar to wikileaks XP a wikileaks for manga, now that is something.
    But he looks different than i imagined him to be(i thought he would look more like the hikkimori guy) but this is gonna be an interresting arc

    on a sidenote, i agree that this manga should have at least gotten a honorable mention, after all he DID send 7 seven chapters or so of really high quality. Just because its seinen and not shonen is kinda a dick move to not even mention it.

  13. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Evil Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kibate View Post
    on a sidenote, i agree that this manga should have at least gotten a honorable mention, after all he DID send 7 seven chapters or so of really high quality. Just because its seinen and not shonen is kinda a dick move to not even mention it.
    I disagree, he failed to taking into account(or seriously consider) what he was competing for. If you enter a competition without the criteria of the competition in mind you should lose(be disqualified). Lets say it's a black and white landscapes photography competition and he enters a color landscape or a black and white self portrait. In those cases he loses no matter how talented he is for ignoring the nature of the competition.

  14. #27
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    I think the character turned out really different than what I was expecting. I kind of thought it would be more of a depressing character than one like that.

    On a side note, I can clean, proofread, typeset, and QC if no one is willing to scanlate since sleepyfans has closed but I need translations
    Last edited by firethrought; January 21, 2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

  15. #28
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Now that SleepyFan has stopped their scanlation, I will begin translating this manga. I have been meaning to do this for quite some time, and this is just all the more the impetus. I'll have a full translation (no offense or anything, shen jue, thank you for your efforts) done ASAP.

    Meanwhile, just to say that the raw confirms the spoilers I posted above.

    And I agree with Evil Mind, he doesn't deserve to win just because he submitted something good. It has to be something good as well as attuned to the nature of the competition

  16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    And I agree with Evil Mind, he doesn't deserve to win just because he submitted something good. It has to be something good as well as attuned to the nature of the competition
    This is true. It might be the "best", but that doesn't mean it deserves to win, but to not even get an honorable mention? They can give out as many of those as they want and for whatever reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Now that SleepyFan has stopped their scanlation, I will begin translating this manga. I have been meaning to do this for quite some time, and this is just all the more the impetus. I'll have a full translation (no offense or anything, shen jue, thank you for your efforts) done ASAP.
    This is very generous of you. Thank you.

  18. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Evil Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    This is true. It might be the "best", but that doesn't mean it deserves to win, but to not even get an honorable mention? They can give out as many of those as they want and for whatever reason.
    I will admit that not being Jump like is not a good enough reason to not get an honorable mention (see the True Human oneshot) but there is a limit. If I was Jump I would not give this story an award either for one reason, the way the Teacher died. As a publication catering to young kids, showing the Teacher thinking about killing the students to save himself is not something Jump would want parents to think they promote IMHO. In the end I'm betting it's a reason like this that they snubbed the work, with all the problems PCP is causing them they may be thinking about PR.
    Last edited by Evil Mind; January 22, 2011 at 01:20 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts