Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 389

Thread: Bakuman Vol 14 (ch116-ch124) Discussion

  1. #31
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner terralance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    where can we read the new chapters of bakuman? sleepy fans are not going to do it anymore..can someone please tell me?

  2. #32
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    No group has announced that they are picking it up yet, so just hang tight for now...

    Also, translation. I know I said ASAP but I made the mistake (?) of going on skype with some people and hence this is much later than I would have hoped Sorry.

  3. #33
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sweaty Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    thank you, but do you know how long till someone addes the translation to the manga itself ?

  4. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    No group has announced that they are picking it up yet, so just hang tight for now...

    Also, translation. I know I said ASAP but I made the mistake (?) of going on skype with some people and hence this is much later than I would have hoped Sorry.
    nice translation, saladesu! work with mangastream please!
    so we can all have early bakuman goodness every week. haha!
    Last edited by sekida; January 22, 2011 at 08:40 AM.

  5. #35
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Some groups have already contacted me about scanlating the manga, and while I don't have their ETA, I imagine it should be out in the next day or two at maximum Like I said, just hang tight, go read some old chapters or discuss some other stuff in the other threads of this sub-forum

    I believe the reason MangaStream dropped Bakuman was not really because they didn't have a translator (back then kewl0210 was still translating), and I don't know their other reasons so... :/

    Anyway, what does everyone think of Tooru? He acted really hyper at some parts and reminded me a lot of Eiji, but he really is very calculative - no wonder he was able to write a manga like that. He's quite two-faced, and kinda reminded me of Light from Death Note. Ironically, he was talking about how "Rabuta & Peace" was about the conflict between people's true intentions/desires and the facade they put on. I guess you could say Ohba-sensei did some foreshadowing there

  6. #36
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Quaro1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    27
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    I find it hilarious that Japanese business men are as bad as Western ones when it comes to the internet. They just don't get it. Greatest chapter in months, and I have to say, this arc is amazing.

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    I don't think that this manga should get a prize either.

    Not suiting jump is not a good reason for not getting at least honorable mention, however.

    He should be disqualified because he turn in more chapters than he's ask to. That's all. He's not following the rules.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. #38
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    wow the new guy really get in my nerves. he uses the sympathy of people to get popular and maybe 90% of those are 18 yrs old an up

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  9. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Yes, he is giving away his work for free, but likely in an attempt to gain publicity and get into the establishment where he can make money. (Unless he was just submitting because Ashirogi was judging, and intended to release it anyway. We'd have to wait till we see him as a character to say)
    As I thought conniving as hell. Wonderful.

  10. #40
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner terralance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    the best arc of bakuman yet! i hated nanime, it was a different feeling when i was reading this. Ashirogi's other rivals were awsome, nizuma,hiramaru,aoki,fukuda..they were all friendly. It was very awesome to have another atmosphere to the bakuman universe. Ohba-sensei is so great! and the art of Obata- sensei is legendary!


    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't think that this manga should get a prize either.

    Not suiting jump is not a good reason for not getting at least honorable mention, however.

    He should be disqualified because he turn in more chapters than he's ask to. That's all. He's not following the rules.
    it was alright to make more chapters than required. It was like when ashirogi made a lot of chapters for money and intelligence and KTM.

    And also, it was Nanamine's manga, he had copyright to it. He has every right to do as what he wants with it. Yet it was too upsetting to use the net
    Last edited by terralance; January 22, 2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Yup. Like I said, this chapter is definitely pro-scanlation. Ohba and Obata knows just how benefitable scanlating mangas is. They know that by scanlating your manga you'd receive real constructive input and increase your fame ten-fold. Especially when someone in the west starts scanlating "Classroom of Truth", Nanamine will definitely link his blog to the English version and more and more demands will come for it to be serialized.

    However, I do agree that CoT isn't something that should be in a shounen magazine. Even I wouldn't want it to be serialized in Jump.

  12. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by terralance View Post
    the best arc of bakuman yet! i hated nanime, it was a different feeling when i was reading this. Ashirogi's other rivals were awsome, nizuma,hiramaru,aoki,fukuda..they were all friendly. It was very awesome to have another atmosphere to the bakuman universe. Ohba-sensei is so great! and the art of Obata- sensei is legendary!
    <hr noshade size="1">


    it was alright to make more chapters than required. It was like when ashirogi made a lot of chapters for money and intelligence and KTM.

    And also, it was Nanamine's manga, he had copyright to it. He has every right to do as what he wants with it. Yet it was too upsetting to use the net
    Yes, but that competing to get serialized there. I didn't say it's wrong to use a lot of chapters to serialized. But I thought he's competing for this as a ONE SHOT. Not other way around. All the other people make it one shot, besides him. Now, if he combine all those chapters and call it all one shot, that's a difference story. But he probably don't do it because there's a page limit. I don't know the exact details on the page limit, but I imagine that they'll be some. There's a page limit in my home country's (Thailand) shounen jump when they're asking for people to turn in a manga. I don't think it's different here. It's like "We'll be judging how well a person can write from a 20 pages essay" and then you hand in 200 pages. That doesn't mean other people can't do it, that just mean you're breaking rules.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  13. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by terralance View Post
    And also, it was Nanamine's manga, he had copyright to it. He has every right to do as what he wants with it. Yet it was too upsetting to use the net
    Normally, if you are submitting an original work to a competition like this you are giving the publishing rights away to whoever is doing the contest. I don't know the specific rules of this contest, but if I was the chief I'd be pulling out that booze you know he has hidden in his desk for the next time somebody from Team Fukuda barges in.

    It was interesting when Yoshida mentioned the current generation not knowing what should and shouldn't go on the record. Let's face it, the internet has changed the way people interact with one another. We're connected in a way that no science fiction writer was able to predict, and it has certainly blurred the lines of what is and is not acceptable. If you got dumped 20 years ago you might lash out and tell your friends mean things about your ex. Now people will get upset and post revealing photos of their ex, which is ridiculous and can really ruin a person. Nanamine knows the impact the internet can have, and instantly went there and took advantage of the tubes. His message at the end where he is closing his blog is sure to drum up even more controversy.

    If I were the Chief, I'd have to seriously wonder if he is a person worth keeping around. At what point do you decide that an author's talent is not worth the hassle? He was almost going to cut ties with Ashirogi before PCP, and they had a history with the company. It'd be kind of awesome if the Chief brought down the hammer and actually banned Nanamine from Jump, and made a statement that soured him for other publishing groups. The closest thing we've had to an author leaving Jump before now was Koogi going to SQ, and that was his decision.

    It's good to see Miura not be the new and frazzled editor. It has been a while since we have seen him interacting with Takahama, but I assume that their relationship has improved or we would have seen it. The courtroom manga has been doing pretty good so there is that. And Iwase... well, he's not magic. I think the only person at Jump who could handle her is probably Yoshida.

  14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Discussion / 118 Prediction

    That was the most exciting Bakuman chapter I read in a long time. It pretty much renewed my waning interest in this series.

    While reading the part where the editors where having a meeting about 'Classroom of Truth' and how they couldn't let that kind of talent slip away, I like to think that was a commentary on how WSJ supposedly rejected Shingeki no Kyojin and it became successful in another magazine. That probably isn't the case, but it helps me like Bakuman more if I think it is that deep.

    Before I even finished the chapter, I had a crack theory that Nanamine Tooru was actually none other than Niizuma Eiji, but then he made an actual appearance so that theory went out the window quickly. But it made room for a new crack theory that he is actually Niizuma Eiji's younger brother! lol They do kind of look alike and both act eccentric.

  16. #45
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 117 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fizban View Post
    Normally, if you are submitting an original work to a competition like this you are giving the publishing rights away to whoever is doing the contest. I don't know the specific rules of this contest, but if I was the chief I'd be pulling out that booze you know he has hidden in his desk for the next time somebody from Team Fukuda barges in.

    It was interesting when Yoshida mentioned the current generation not knowing what should and shouldn't go on the record. Let's face it, the internet has changed the way people interact with one another. We're connected in a way that no science fiction writer was able to predict, and it has certainly blurred the lines of what is and is not acceptable. If you got dumped 20 years ago you might lash out and tell your friends mean things about your ex. Now people will get upset and post revealing photos of their ex, which is ridiculous and can really ruin a person. Nanamine knows the impact the internet can have, and instantly went there and took advantage of the tubes. His message at the end where he is closing his blog is sure to drum up even more controversy.

    If I were the Chief, I'd have to seriously wonder if he is a person worth keeping around. At what point do you decide that an author's talent is not worth the hassle? He was almost going to cut ties with Ashirogi before PCP, and they had a history with the company. It'd be kind of awesome if the Chief brought down the hammer and actually banned Nanamine from Jump, and made a statement that soured him for other publishing groups. The closest thing we've had to an author leaving Jump before now was Koogi going to SQ, and that was his decision.
    This. I agree so much with your post.

    I definitely do not want Jump to pick this guy up again. He doesn't deserve it. The only problem is that I think most other magazines probably wouldn't care and would still take him in. It's still money to be made, after all, and even bad publicity is publicity.

    I'm still not sure what role in the greater scheme of things he is going to play, though. How will all this affect the Ashirogi in achieving their goals?

New Reply
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts