Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Rikuo's lifespan

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giady's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Rikuo's lifespan

I have a curiosity...will Rikuo live more than a normal human being? 200 or more years?
    I read a theory...Rikuo has a human part, but he has a power demoniac form and blood...and his blood has a very strong influence on Rikuo and his body...I am sure that he will live more than a normal human being, i think that he can live at least 500-600 or 700 years or more ( because if Rihan had 400 years when he is dead, but if he had not died, i think that he could still live at least another 500 or 600 years or more so...)...

Rikuo probably has 1/4 of lifespan of a regular Nurarihyon... if we think that Nurarihyon could generally live at least 2000-3000 years or more years...then Rikuo can live at least 500-750 years or more years...I say "generally" because we know that in Past Ark (400 years ago Nurarihyon fell in love with Yōhime and fought with the Hagoromo-Gitsune in Kyoto. He won and became the Master of all Yokai but at the cost of shortening his life span greatly so...)...Rikuo is always both Human and Youkai. It is just that for some reason one blood "sleeps" while the other is "awake". Only at Dawn if Rikuo tries to stay in his Night Form as long as possible in order to fight, both his blood's are awake...

that's my guess, Nurarihyon is a youkai very powerful and and generally powerful yokai also have a large amount of life for this I think that he generally could live very long time...even if his life was shortened...if we think that the events we know about Nurarihyon date back to 400 years ago and that he had lived since before for a long period of time before the events of 400 years ago that we know (formation of his Hiakki,fight against Seimei,marriage and birth of Rihan etc...) and if we consider, as also Hidemoto said, that Nurarihyon has lost most of his lifespan...I thought that he generally could live at least 2000-3000 years...(Rihan also lived for about 400 years and before to be killed he was still very young so i think that he could live another 400 years or even many more...)...

However I think that for a period of time of their childhood the youkai age like humans, then stop...I think it happened so too for Rihan based on my assumptions from the tracks that I found in the manga as even that Rihan seems to have aged at the beginning as a human from an image where nurarihyon port on his shoulder Rihan that has one or two years while the mother is ill...Rhian is not baby, he has already grown a little bit, even if very little... and if Rikuo can live 1/4 of Nurarihyon's life, then certainly He will not grow old like a human...especially if Nurarihyon has lost 3 / 4 of his life as you said...his lifespan should have been very long...right? many presume that Rihan would have a half of a lifespan of a real Nurarihyon but there is no evidence to that: he may age just AS fast as an average Nurarihyon...then The same logic applies to Rikuo...
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; January 06, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rikuo's lifespan

Wall of text...
    Can you separate it into paragraphs and make it easier to read? And straight forward to the subject so it's not becoming lots of sentences that actually saying the same thing again and again?

There are youkai who live more than 1000 years like Gyuuki, Ibaraki-douji etc. So even with human bloods corrupting his youkai blood, I think it's easy for Rikuo to live more than 100 years and keep his youth. More than that, I don't know though, it's more a prediction than anything. Who knows, maybe Rikuo can live for 1000 years and still young.
    Heian era Seimei who is a half youkai seems to be unable to live that long though despite her immortal mother's youkai blood flowing in his vein.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyuuki is 1000? Considering Nurarihyon is only around 500, I didn't think Gyuuki would be that old

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this theory on other forum and i know that is a little bit' complicated to understand...I try to reorder it by how I get it...

Rikuo has a human part, but he has a power demoniac form and blood...his blood has a very strong influence on Rikuo and his body...i think that he can live at least 500-600 or 700 years or more, Rikuo probably has at least 1/4 of lifespan of a regular Nurarihyon...Rikuo is always both Human and Youkai. It is just that for some reason one blood "sleeps" while the other is "awake". Only at Dawn if Rikuo tries to stay in his Night Form as long as possible in order to fight, both his blood's are awake...

Nurarihyon is a youkai very powerful and and generally powerful yokai also have a large amount of life for this I think that he generally could live very long time...if we think that Nurarihyon could generally live at least 2000-3000 years or more years...I say "generally" because we know that in Past Ark (400 years ago Nurarihyon fell in love with Yōhime and fought with the Hagoromo-Gitsune in Kyoto. He won and became the Master of all Yokai but at the cost of shortening his life span greatly so...). and if we consider, as also Hidemoto said, that Nurarihyon has lost most of his lifespan...I thought that he generally could live at least 2000-3000 years...

Rihan also lived for about 400 years and before to be killed he was still very young so i think that he could live another 500-600 years or even many more...However I think that for a period of time of their childhood the youkai age like humans, then stop...I think it happened so too for Rihan based on my assumptions from the tracks that I found in the manga as even that Rihan seems to have aged at the beginning as a human from an image where nurarihyon port on his shoulder Rihan that has one or two years while the mother is ill...Rhian is not baby, he has already grown a little bit, even if very little... and if Rikuo can live 1/4 of Nurarihyon's life, then certainly He will not grow old like a human...especially if Nurarihyon has lost 3 / 4 of his life as you said...his lifespan should have been very long...right? many presume that Rihan would have a half of a lifespan of a real Nurarihyon but there is no evidence to that: he may age just AS fast as an average Nurarihyon...then The same logic applies to Rikuo...

I tried to bring order...it is now a little bit clearer? I hope I haven't forgotten anything, I find this very interesting theory...I also think Rikuo can live more than a human
    Last edited by Giady; January 06, 2011 at 11:18 AM.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

From volume 3, between chapter 16 and 17
    Spoiler show

Gyuuki's age as youkai is more than 1000 years old

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Gyuuki's age as youkai is more than 1000 years old
    Oh My God!! i didn't know this...WOW thanks for the information...sure he takes them very well ...however now is the post more understandable?

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, youkai have various age pattern, and as I stated earlier, Seimei who has a mother who is immortal seems to have human lifespan. Although Rihan's example may means Rikuo also has a longer lifespan than normal human.
    We can see that Kidoumaru is aging and looks older, from 1000 years ago, 400 years ago and present he become older, while Ibaraki-douji still the same as in the past. So, there's actually no real measure of their age.
    Weak youkai like Nattou-kozou (and almost all of his gang) still look the same in 400 years so I think youkai strength is not really involved in their lifespan.
    And yes, it's more understandable now.
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; January 06, 2011 at 11:32 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe in case of Kidoumaru, they age to blend in more with the normal world. Considering for Youkai like Ibaraki Douji, there's just no way people are not gonna mistake him for a youkai, what's with having a planks in half of his face. Although considering he manage to become a band's vocalist, maybe people in Japan just doesn't notice things like that.
    Well, considering my friend once walked down the street in Japan while wearing the coat of Kouga Saejima from GARO and nobody seems to notice anything, maybe people in Japan is just used to weird things.
    Sorry if I got a bit OOT, just recalling one of my weirder experience

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Seimei who has a mother who is immortal seems to have human lifespan
    Kitsune's lifespan ain't long. Of course, she is able to reincarnate so she makes it up with that, but she still dies sooner then most of others for this i think that Seimei seems to have short lifespanand maybe Seimei hasn't a human lifespan, only he wanted the immortality at any cost... but Nurarihyon is able to live for 400 withouth his heart and his life considerably shortened and Rihan could even live long...

Quote Quote:
    maybe people in Japan is just used to weird things.
    maybe you're right...for this i like the japan, it is a countryi that has a history, traditions and beliefs very fascinating...we westerners are more mundane

Quote Quote:
    However I think that for a period of time of their childhood the youkai age like humans, then stop...
    However i have a doubt...some people say that a full youkai grows old slower than a human and Rihan and Rikuo grew faster in their infancy for their human part, then stop as Rihan...or maybe so far Rikuo has aged like a human because his demoniac blood had not yet fully awakened? or a period of time of their childhood the youkai age like humans, then stop...?

I thought of something that those with human blood maybe they age like himans until at thirteen years which is adulthood for a youkai then the aging stops or slows down considerably...
    (Also Inuyasha has aged like a human in his childhood,then stop as we saw too in movie 3 where it is told of his past...I made this example because this are two similar cases,although they are two different stories, but this is only a parenthesis in itself...)
    But a other thing makes me uncertain, Zen and Rikuo were childhood friends and they grew up together and Zen is a full youkai...so Probably all the youkai can age like humans until at thirteen years...also during Kana's birthday when the demons know that she does thirteen years they make their compliments to become a adult so it might be assumed that is a rule that applies to all youkai...(including Rikuo, Rihan, Zen etc...)
    (But if I consider again Inuyasha, Shippo appears to be 7 years old, but he is born 50 years ago...unlike Inuyasha...but as two different stories with the example of Zen here...they can have two different logical, also this is only a parenthesis in itself...)
    and a other doubt if Rikuo can live more than a human, what will he do with his human friends a certain point?

but I agree with you when you said that it's easy for Rikuo to live more than 100 years and keep his youth
    Last edited by Giady; January 06, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    Kneeling @ My Ichigo Shrine, Thanking My Lucky Stars For The Day I Met Ichigo
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I agree with Giady....I think they age like a human would until they reach their majority (which is thirteen). That would explain why Night Rikuo looks so adult--

I think that once they reach adulthood they age at a slower rate than normally. I think the rate they age after that depends on the species of Yokai. I think Rikuo will live long but not as long as his father could have lived, because he has less Yokai blood. Does that make sense?

New Reply