Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

Uh. wow, so I wasn't the only one that thought Kyubee is the evil mastermind behind everything..i felt dumb for even posting that.

Episode 4, some parts were expected, others were not.
    So it's possible for a witch to swarm a group of victims..and new girl appears.

Sayako is going to be a sad story. I have a feeling and from the signs, the guy in hospital is probably not going to repay her and is some kind of jerk.
    After sometime..he'll probably abandon Sayako. I mean, since he's a prodigy, why would he care about her when he's back to being talented after getting her fingers back? That is, if he is that sort of guy.

She just wasted her wish :/ and for Kyube to appear right after her thought. It was a perfect chance for Kyubee to make use of that moment to make her magical shojo, cursing her forever.
    Man, Madoka becoming a magica is really inevitable.

PS: Damn, the preview is misleading.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, and I do mean FINALLY, my Internet connection got fast and one of the first things I did was watch this anime, I heard so many good things before it aired and now that it has started the hype is just as great. I only watched the first episode, and at first it seemed like SHAFT was doing a bad ob, but overall it got the full effect with the second part of the episode. Ok, I want the super natural effect to be more present then the boring school life cliche I hope to catch up soon.

Ok, finally caught up to this now, an epic anime, best of this seaons for sure because of the following reasons:

1.The music is very well done, everything pieces together well.
    2.The characters are really, really likable.
    3.It has a shounen aspect to it which is always interesting when it is combined with magical girls.
    4.It keeps me wanting a new episode every time I have seen one.
    5.the animation is just so beautiful.

Ok, so the grin at the end of episode four was the magical creature right?

Once again SHAFT is amazing.
    Last edited by Josef K.; February 02, 2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched episode 5. It was an average episode..however:
    Spoiler show

Also, Kyubee is obviously up to something. He has to benefit from getting contracts from magical girls somehow and the wishes must have a catch to them. I think Kyubee will be the final boss and Madoka will have to slay him.
    Last edited by MattC302; February 04, 2011 at 04:40 AM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, Kyubei is such a hypocrite.
    He obviously planned for two of them to fight from the start, and tempted Madoka so much I'm glad that girl came when she did.

Anyway, the witch/monsters design make me laugh, I know its weird.
    When I first saw this episode's I thought

"A pumpkin? A pumpkin flying on a broom?"
    "On closer inspection it looks like a witch flying on a broom..."
    "An old witch..."
    "But why is she so red? And her hair is green..
    "Oh shit, a old tomato granny flying on a broom "

I wonder how they thought up of things like that, lol.
    The fight had awesome animation and I'm still standing to my theory that the boy in the hospital is a jerk.
    Now..I wonder how Sayaka will die

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

A weird critter appears, and says he can give you superpowers to fight for justice. All you need to do, is just wish for anything and it will be granted! Sounds fishy to me. Reminds me of those evil genie deals. It's obvious Kyubei isn't being a saint.

Fifth episode was bit boring to me, and the action didn't look that good either. I don't think it's super epic just yet, but has potential to be, and there for I'll keep watching. And it looks and sounds very good.

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Just watched episode 5. It was an average episode..however:
    Spoiler show
    I found that bit of information very interesting too.
    Spoiler show

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the fifth episode was a bit of a drop in the series, although I do not mind the fights, I knew Homura would appear, the thing that bothers me about her is that I want to finally find out if she is good or not.

The name of the next episode looks promising because some major twist may be in stored for us, but it may be leading us off.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

episode 5 was kind of a lapse in pacing, but at least we know major stuff is gonna happen soon. Hah, we're almost half way done with the series and Madoka still isn't a Puella Magi

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    episode 5 was kind of a lapse in pacing, but at least we know major stuff is gonna happen soon. Hah, we're almost half way done with the series and Madoka still isn't a Puella Magi
    I still think it is a major possibility I think someone has mentioned it somewhere, or I must have read it somewhere else
    that will be the ultimate twist here. That Madoka never becomes a Magical Girl, though personally I think somewhere near the end as to fight the "final boss" of this anime it will happen.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so apparently the manga's rendition of episode 3's climactic scene is a lot more...graphic >__>

Spoiler show

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    so apparently the manga's rendition of episode 3's climactic scene is a lot more...graphic >__>

Spoiler show
    Oh so it was more gore? >_> Where do you read the manga, raws will do as well?

Anyway the last episode was better then the previous one, so I hope we get to see Kyubee killed by the girl(forgot her name). He starts to really annoy me he has a excuse for everything.

Seriously no comments on the new episode, I just watched it btw finally found the time.

Ok, how should I put it, Sayaka is really close to getting killed, I mean it would make sense for her to die, because she has no reason anymore, aside form growing mad from fighting witches and that way she can not look up to her teacher, Mami.

All in all I really loved the twist of her friend liking Kyosuke, I loved the back story of the new girl (her name?) and it reminded me of a book I read once, it seems every wish has a consequence.

Brilliant episode I love how things are developing, slowly but surely.
    Last edited by Josef K.; February 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Sayaka, though it sucks she's probably gonna go crazy now that she's thrown her humanity away. I bet she'll be the one to kill Kyouko

And I suppose Madoka will become a Puella Magi after Sayaka dies/becomes a Witch

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

That was awesome. I was just about to drop this show and now I get to see Kyubee get shot full of holes. Too bad he isn't really dead. Kyubee's creepiness levels are off the charts now. And now Homura is from a future timeline? I'm interested again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of things went down in this episode making it one of the best as of yet. First off we get a closer look at what Kyubey or "Incubator" (I knew that fur ball was a wolf in sheep's clothing) is after with making these magical girls into witches. We also saw that he doesn't die easily since he has these "replacements" that take over after dying. It was a bit creepy how he ate himself though. And if his name is an indication for anything he's likely helping something to be born or take form.

Homura finally shows some emotion and isn't so cold-hearted which caught me by surprise even though I was still trying to wrap my head around the multiple bullet holes she put in Kyubey. It's revealed that she isn't from this time-line and that she has the power to control(?) time. It only makes me wonder how she's related to Madoka since she (Homura) is desperately trying to stop Madoka from becoming a Mahou Shoujo.

I fear for Sayaka's future now that she's turning into a witch. I don't know how or even if she can be saved without Madoka becoming a Mahou Shoujo and using her wish on her.
    Last edited by After_Image; February 25, 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sayaka and Kyouko are as good as dead and Homura is Madoka's little sister from the future

calling it now

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast