Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Funny thing that I do is that when an anime is as epic as this I do not re-watch. I have been planning to re-watch the final 3 episodes since they are really one story just by themselves.

And may I ask everyone what is their favorite character in this anime? From the start Kyubee interested me a lot since I had tons of theories surrounding him. Mami was a good one as well, I do not want to seem shallow by giving her early death as a reason but her fan hype got to me as well. >.>
    I feel you there,but I've been following Madoka regularly and because of the sudden hiatus,the joy got disrupted,which is why I want to watch it in one go at least once.

As for my favourite character,I guess I can't decided there.The obvious choice is Homura,but Kyubee interested me until the very end.
    Madoka herself was awesome as well.Never been a big fan of Mami,even though I do was shocked when she was killed off all of a sudden.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is also Homura. ^^

BTW, do you guys know about the secret project?

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I feel you there,but I've been following Madoka regularly and because of the sudden hiatus,the joy got disrupted,which is why I want to watch it in one go at least once.

As for my favourite character,I guess I can't decided there.The obvious choice is Homura,but Kyubee interested me until the very end.
    Madoka herself was awesome as well.Never been a big fan of Mami,even though I do was shocked when she was killed off all of a sudden.
    It will certainly be a good way to have a marathon of it but I fear it may ruin my original impression. I think it was LOST the series that had a similar effect on me, I just want the first impression to stay.

Kyubee was unfinished, his development could have been done alongside the girls instead he was left as some stoic monster that is because it is. I think we all hoped for him to be either good or bad depending on his past.

Also secret project? It does not say anything other than that?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, nothing much has been revealed just yet.

Of course, there will be three movies, but the first two are just recaps while the last one will be an original story.

BTW, are you planning to buy the boxed sets?

---------- Post added December 27, 2011 at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was December 11, 2011 at 04:33 PM ----------

This exhibit looks pretty sweet!

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just finished watching this series... Well, "mahou shoujo" is kind of identical with something bright and happy. I mean, just look at Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon and how generally bright it is. But I have friends who mentioned how dark this series is, and at that time I didn't believe it... until I saw it myself.

The series had a strange aura since the beginning, but it started to get strangely twisted since episode 3. If you remember what happened there... ^^; I think 12 episodes managed to build the tension of the plot well, gave impression strong and long enough, and the progress was at great pace. Now I understand why everyone hated Kyubey, LOL~ He just... has no feelings at all. What can be done? *sigh*

To be honest I still don't understand the ending, kind of. Madoka destroyed all witches, and with that erased the need of mahou shoujo to purify their soul gems, so they didn't turn into witches instead... But there are still enemies made from humans sorrow and anger. And that is what mahou shoujo now fight for. Is that correct? What exactly did she do with all the hatred she collected from destroying the witches it usually takes form in?

And in case you don't know, following what riki-chan posted above me, the trailer is out:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailer-streamed

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to see the third film, I guess, to see the continuation of current plot.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

2nd trailer and news:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailer-streamed

IT SHALL BE EPIC.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Trailer looks pretty good but I probably won't watch the two movies. It's probably going to be the same compared to the anime, with a few skipped scenes - and it probably will feel rushed, like most movies which only are a renarration.

Really looking forward to the third movie though, I honestly have no clue how they want to the continue the story but I have faith in SHAFT that they came up with something great

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Trailer looks pretty good but I probably won't watch the two movies. It's probably going to be the same compared to the anime, with a few skipped scenes - and it probably will feel rushed, like most movies which only are a renarration.

Really looking forward to the third movie though, I honestly have no clue how they want to the continue the story but I have faith in SHAFT that they came up with something great
    I might watch them right before watching the third movie in order to get back into the series (the characters, the names, the plot). Get back into the mood basically.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else here a fan of Mami's epic theme?

Damn, I am really looking forward to the third movie now,any predictions?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post

Is anyone else here a fan of Mami's epic theme?

Damn, I am really looking forward to the third movie now,any predictions?
    I prefer the original version, but yeah, it's epic.

No idea. We might see some of those alternate time-lines, but other than that, I don't know if there is much room for development. At least not if Madoka is going to be the main character.
    I'd like to learn more about Kyubee's race.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the lyrics to Magia, the closing theme, previews the story of the third movie. I can't find sources anymore, but from what I understand the scene at the end of episode 12, when Homura hears Madoka's voice while fighting in a wasteland, was a preview of what will happen next. Whether the third movie takes place after Madoka disappears is anyone's guess; SHAFT has already announced that the third movie will not be the end of the Magica story.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I prefer the original version, but yeah, it's epic.

No idea. We might see some of those alternate time-lines, but other than that, I don't know if there is much room for development. At least not if Madoka is going to be the main character.
    I'd like to learn more about Kyubee's race.
    Well I really like Sayaka's theme as well, though a bit sad and not as energetic as Mami's. I love how this anime makes everything in it fit and everything to be at a high level.

Will I guess it will revolve around Homura then .... since she is the one that has the highest opportunity to actually take over as main character, Kyubee indeed, though since they are continuing it, there might be some new character. The anime never really had trouble with the introduction of new characters, it all kind of fits in.^

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine the focus will be how the world has changed after Madoka's wish was granted. Madoka essentially became god, so she may indirectly have a role to play. Horuma makes the most sense as the next heroine. Mami and Kyoko are alive in the new world timeline, they will probably be important in the next movie. Considering her role in series one, and relationship with Madoka, Homura makes most sense as the main character. Considering the nature of the series that might be a little to straight foward though.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like to see the historical take on it, when we saw Joan of Arc and the other magical girl, it was really well done, that sequence kind of stuck with me after the series ended. I am guessing a little bit of everything, sort of of to tie in some stuff we saw little of in the 12 episodes. many of the grand mysteries were kind of left by side or explained just a bit, all in all it focused more on the characters. So yeah, there is potential of interesting stuff, I have faith in SHAFT, they did not disappoint with this.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping an old thread, as I have just recently finished the movie trilogy. Very late indeed.

The first two episodes were not a problem. It was done very beautifully, straight to the point, and still touching as usual. The problem for me was the third movie. I can understand the general plot, it made sense until Homura... cracked up in the end. I wasn't expecting that, of course. I don't quite follow what happened after the law of the universe was once again rewritten. If Homura only took a tiny bit of Madoka, where are the rest of Madoka? Does Law of the Cycle still exist? Given the reversed situation at the end of the movie, does it mean Homura also revert time back? Or were they on their own world?

A painful sequel. I prefer there were no sequel at all. ^^;

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4