Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naruto in 2012 - Predictions and Expectations

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Naruto in 2012 - Predictions and Expectations

Bleach has a great thread for this and I thought it would be a great idea for us to have one too. Share your opinion of what you think and hope will happen in 2011, meaning in the next ~45 chapters. Any predictions beyond that should be posted in the long term prediction thread, this thread is solely for 2011.

My predictions and expectations:

First of all I expect and hope that the war will cause some dramatic consequences throughout the year. This means named characters dying, I'd be thrilled by a rookie's death even though it sounds horrible. I also expect and predict a lot of character development, especially for the first timers in the war. The rookies should all receive significant character development, most of all I pray that Sakura will shine and receive great development before Naruto arrives and takes the spot light. I also predict that he will go into full combat mode and participate in the war before the year's end, the same goes for Sasuke whom I think will be unleashed soon and a little before Naruto.

Other than this, I predict that Bee will die this year. He needs to go for the story to receive some extra desperation and become more dramatic. Naruto must become the sole Jinchuuriki soon.

I also predict at least one major fight, and by this I mean fights involving e.g. Sasuke or Kabuto.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto in 2011 - Predictions and Expectations

I absolutely agree that Bee has to die in order to move the story along. And now that he's taught Naruto how to utilize his bijuu, he really has no role left. Though, I've been saying that since he was introduced, so yea...

Predictions and expectations: I think we are in store for a ton more fanservice. It just seems like everyone will be put against their predecessor: Neji vs Hiashi, current Kage vs former Kage, Sakura vs Chiyo, etc... It's not necessarily a bad thing as a lot of interesting parts (history wise and character background) of the Naruverse could be revealed, but I would much rather see Neji take on some of the Swordsmen of the Mist rather than his father. A little diversity wouldn't hurt, you know?

Other than that, I expect ( or at at least hope) for a ton of desperation on the allied forces side. Whether it be character deaths or Madara and his army on the brink of winning, something has to be done to create a sense of hopelessness for our heroes. Not only do they need to be backed into a corner for the sake of the story, but for the reader as well. We've grown up with this story and its time it grows up with us..

Edit: We'll also get Naruto vs Itachi... it will serve as a small tune up for when Naruto has to deal with Sasuke and his sharingan. Though, there will be no victor as Kakashi jumps in and it will finally be revealed exactly how Kakashi acquired MS.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

About Bee dying, I think it's 50/50 at best..... why??

1. Eii is the Yondaime Raikage and we all know that all the Yondaime Kages (Hokage, Mizukage, Kazekage) had met terrible fates during their rule. It's because the number 4 can also mean Shi which means death in Japanese.

2. If we think hard about the circumstances of Bee/Kumo's relationship to Naruto, and trace it all the way back to Minato and Kushina, there is something there that makes Bee immune to death.

Here's my thoughts: First of all, Kumo attempted to kidnap Kushina for their research on her Chakra but was foiled by Minato. We know Kumo has been attempting to research and gather Ninjutsu going so far as kidnapping kids. Not only that, one of their victims is Naruto's own mother. Naruto may feel a bit of begrudgement towards Kumo, but ironically, it was because of that Kushina fell in love with Minato and Naruto wouldn't have been born.

I feel that Naruto may berate Kumo for giving up so quickly thus going so far as to steal Ninjutsu and kidnap Ninjas. Naruto would probably say something like "You guys are cowards for giving up so quickly. Great power comes from the will to never give up". This will hit a chord in Eii and him deciding to reform Kumo's ways after the war. But however, before Eii is able to do it, he dies.

Before Eii dies, he names Bii/Bee as the Godaime. Bee would likely want to do what his brother couldn't do. and with Naruto's convincing he'll accept it. I have a feeling Naruto will influence Bee to take the position and not only that, his influence will give him motivation to implement the program his brother planned. I can see Bee as the reformer of Kumo and as Raikage. Besides, if Naruto wants to maintain a good relationship with Kumo, I think Bee should be Raikage. It was also hinted by Hachibi that Bee will bring a new era. He would bring a brand new era to Kumo.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto will be the first to bow out, as the masked man and zetsu continues. Sasuke will team up with suigetsu and juugo and start showing what exactly he meant by 'using akatsuki'. We may get a better idea about naruto's 'that jutsu'.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So... that would cover around the next 50 chapters, right!?

Right now, it looks like every fight will involve squads (around 4 enemies at the time) and even more (like the current fight against Kakashi's squad).

So, it won't be like Bleach where we had 5-6 chapter on a 1vs1 fight.
    The pace is a lot faster in Naruto.

IMO, by the end of 2011, the winner of the war will already be clear.
    I think that the alliance will win this war, and will defeat both Kabuto/Zombies and the Zetsus.

But, even if they win the war, Madara will have obtain whatever he wanted.

By the end of next year, we will enter the real last arc of Naruto, where Madara and Sasuke are the only villains left and we will see the truth behind Madara's plan.

IMO, Killerbee will be dead.
    As for Naruto, I'm not sure if he will lose the Kyubbi or if Madara will go with his plan without it. That remains unclear right now.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yea i like killerbee, but i think he will die as well. best case scenario, he will lose the 8 tails.

i honestly think that naruto has a long time left, since both the bleach and one piece authors stated that the both ahve around 10 years left. naruto is one of the "big 3"

i think that one of the villages will double cross the alliance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Well as far as expectations go, I have very low ones lol. Kishi has continually dumbed down his own manga and kept it childish for whatever reason, pissing away opportunities to make his manga truly great.

In any event, what I want to happen is this.

Firstly, as others have stated, Bee needs to die. His roll in the manga is all but done now that he's trained Naruto. His death would bring a sense of urgency to the not only the alliance, but to Naruto. He would become the last jinchuriki, and literally the fate of the world would rest on his survival.

It would be good for Naruto, as I'd hope he venture out on his own like his former sensei Jiraiya, the isolation would toughen him up, and he'd finally have to only rely on himself and no one else. I'd hope it'd also give him the chance to talk to the Kyuubi more.

The alliance would then be on the verge of collapse, and would no doubt be on the run. I'd expect huge casualties, and certainly the death of a few of the Kages and even the destruction of more villages to really set a dark tone for the manga.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    yea i like killerbee, but i think he will die as well. best case scenario, he will lose the 8 tails.

i honestly think that naruto has a long time left, since both the bleach and one piece authors stated that the both ahve around 10 years left. naruto is one of the "big 3"

i think that one of the villages will double cross the alliance.
    Bleach and One Piece are only at the middle of their story, but Naruto really does feel like it's going toward the end.

I really can't see another 10 years of Naruto.
    At most, 3-4 years IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Well as far as expectations go, I have very low ones lol. Kishi has continually dumbed down his own manga and kept it childish for whatever reason, pissing away opportunities to make his manga truly great.

In any event, what I want to happen is this.

Firstly, as others have stated, Bee needs to die. His roll in the manga is all but done now that he's trained Naruto. His death would bring a sense of urgency to the not only the alliance, but to Naruto. He would become the last jinchuriki, and literally the fate of the world would rest on his survival.

It would be good for Naruto, as I'd hope he venture out on his own like his former sensei Jiraiya, the isolation would toughen him up, and he'd finally have to only rely on himself and no one else. I'd hope it'd also give him the chance to talk to the Kyuubi more.

The alliance would then be on the verge of collapse, and would no doubt be on the run. I'd expect huge casualties, and certainly the death of a few of the Kages and even the destruction of more villages to really set a dark tone for the manga.
    I totally agree with you.

Kishi was going toward a darker tone at some point, but after the last confrontation with Sasuke, Naruto went back to his childish version.

I think that the death of Killerbee and maybe of some Konoha shinobi will set it back to a more serious manga like we pretty much all want.

We can only hope that Kishi will go that way.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; January 07, 2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post

This is something I'd like to happen. Kishi has already foreshadowed that Naruto will go back to talk to Kyuubi soon by making him say "just wait". This should happen fairly soon. Kyuubi and Naruto convos have always been highly interesting, one of the best parts of the manga in my opinion. This is something many fanfictions have taken advantage of way better than Kishi. Naruto's cooperation can actually turn out plausible if he just visits Kyuubi a few times and talks to him to form a mutual understanding. If Kishi intends for it to happen, he must get the ball rolling soon, at least before another year passes to make it feel real and not rushed.

Villages being destroyed, Kages dying and heavy casualties sound good. It's doubtful that Kishi will do it as it's bordering Seinen if it goes too far, but it's something I'd love. Naruto has already had many dark and serious elements in it, let it happen again. This war can't turn into a fairy tale.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    This is something I'd like to happen. Kishi has already foreshadowed that Naruto will go back to talk to Kyuubi soon by making him say "just wait". This should happen fairly soon. Kyuubi and Naruto convos have always been highly interesting, one of the best parts of the manga in my opinion. This is something many fanfictions have taken advantage of way better than Kishi. Naruto's cooperation can actually turn out plausible if he just visits Kyuubi a few times and talks to him to form a mutual understanding. If Kishi intends for it to happen, he must get the ball rolling soon, at least before another year passes to make it feel real and not rushed.
    Yeah. Eventually, Naruto will need to go and talk with Kyubbi.
    I'm pretty sure that Naruto will be able to have a working relationship with the Kyubbi before the end.

In the panel where Naruto put Kyubbi in a cage, you can feel that Naruto is actually sad when he says "Don't worry Kyubbi. I won't hurt you".
    http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-499-page-15.html

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Villages being destroyed, Kages dying and heavy casualties sound good. It's doubtful that Kishi will do it as it's bordering Seinen if it goes too far, but it's something I'd love. Naruto has already had many dark and serious elements in it, let it happen again. This war can't turn into a fairy tale.
    Well, we all want a more seinen-like Naruto serie.
    It doesn't have to go over the top like Berserk, but even in a Shonen, a war is still a war.

There should be casualties and there should be blood.
    If none of the Genin12 dies, I think that Kishi will have miss an opportunity to bring real drama.

The whole point of this war, IMO, is to have Naruto see what it is by himself...
    This is essential for Naruto if he wants to be credible when he talks about peace and war.
    Just like Nagato said : http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-449-page-12.html

At least, it seems that Kishi is willing to go that way.
    We are already seeing more deaths and blood in the latest chapter.

I must say I never expected to see jutsu like those:
    http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-522-page-12.html
    http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-522-page-13.html

Let's hope that Kishi keep going that way!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    yeah that scorch jutsu is f#$%ing serious,makes katon look like a less painful death...lol.
    i still want to know who will taste naruto's bijuu ball first?
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

1- Naruto having some actual character development...I mean, he looked badass when he fought agaisnt Kakuzu and Pain. But after that....especially how he's looked in the Turtle Island...I know that's the only way Naruto would stay in that Island but still....

2- Madara FINALLY showing us why is he so famous. I mean, it's like his reputation overwhelms his actual talent. I am really looking forward to seeing Madara fight someone and taking him seriously....especially now that he has the rinnegan. Maybe, Madara vs Kabuto? That would be epic...

3- The side effects of this war.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOO KILLER B SHOULD NOT DIE....
    well i kinda agree, the upcoming year is about war and we should see some important death scenes even for the chracters we like (even from the rookie 11 though i doubt it) yet i don't think kishimoto will actually do a massacre of chracters in this war i thought yamato and sai would be th first candidates to die in war but now i think it would be harder to kill chracters from now on.
    but for killer b i don't think death is imminent he need to be kidnapped for extraction first which should take a lot of time(the extraction not the kidnapping) so i guess it waould be a final rescue arc were all fights should be resolved (naruto vs sasuke, the end of madara and zetsu but that may be in the far future )
    so for this years expextations/want to happen:
    - one or two groups should be defeated so the enemy would move forward while the alliance regroups, this is essential if kishi wants the war to be interesting (the alliance can't win all their fights even if it were a tough win), i nominate darui and/or mifune group to play that role..

-naruto should join the war, how else will he feel its effects , also when he didn't know about pain's attack on konoha he felt worried about konoha so it can't be when knows there's a war coming that he feels nothing about it, how is another issue, but i would like him to know on his own and make the decision by himself.

-Death is an important theme of the war but i can't see it happening massively or at the begining of the year, may be mid year or something, but really can't imagine who ,aside for non important characters i can't see much of the well known high fanbased characters die , not kakshi or gai or lee or even sai or the hyuugas or gaara or chouji and shikamaru even chouji's dad almost died before so it'll be redundant. so it really is a tough call and depends on how brave (or may be stupid) is kishi.

-i really expect high quality character development for a lot of characters specially kakshi and gaara, showing the leadership of these two in the war will be a wonderful addition to their character, also i expect some of the never seen before powers for less highlighted characters to be shown(like ten ten hyuugas and shino no for kiba though) .

- it seems kakshi fight will end by a win but they'll have to fight much dangerous opponents(hanzou , kimimaru and chiyo and may be som other chracters will be added again but we 'll see about that).

-i expect naruto to face itachi, nagato and kakozu but after they stomp over some division.otherwise i don't see anyone else in the alliance have the capacity to face those monsters.

-Dan, Asuma and Hizashi will be seperated so each will be able to face his choosen opponent asuma for shikamaru, chouji and ino(she may support them like shino and kiba supported division 2) and ofcourse hizashi for for the hyuugas but i don't know which group of zombies each will join.

-the kages may enter the battle at the end of the year, they may face previous kages + dan but we'll see about that.

so i think that's all , the war sure will be the big event of the year but i expect naruto training and some madara's sneaky acts to interrupt it and i don't see sasuke making a huge appearance this year but may be kishi would prove me wrong, thanks.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will draw pretty close to an end quite soon.

-Some huge revelations about Kabuto's and Madara's powers and characters will occur during the war
    -There might be a little side-story about a minor character, folling his life for a while. I don't know if that's something to be expected from Kishimoto, but the war feels like a good point of time to do such a thing.
    -There probably will be a lot of background stories and revelations on revived characters.
    -Sasuke will show his powers in a while, and clash with either Kabuto or Madara in an epic battle probably.
    -In the second half of 2011, there will be some focus on Sasuke again.
    -In the end of 2011, there will be further developement in the relation Sasuke-Naruto, perhaps a fight will draw near.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member donkeyhigh's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

By the end of this war Naruto will have made allot of new friends from other villages.
    They'll probably aid or somehow be connected in Naruto's main storyline for a few arcs. The combining of all the villages made it possible to present allot of new cool characters. And that's good for Naruto, as his main power seems to be connecting with people.

Naruto has already suffered pain through Pain. So he knows about that, he's learned his lesson and doesn't need it again. So I don't see why sooo many people need to die. Some need to die, of course. It's war after all. But I don't think Sakura, Kakashi, Iruka, Neji, Tsunade, the guy that runs the ramen-shop and his cute waitor, Lee, Konohamaru, Gaara or any other person really close to Naruto is going to die.

edit: but of course it would be interesting to see how it would turn out if allot of the same year graduates as Naruto started dying all around. How would the others cope with it, and what about Naruto when he hears there's been a war going on behind his back, and all his friends are dead because he wasn't there to protect them? Yeah, it'd be pretty dramatic in Naruto's eyes.
    Last edited by donkeyhigh; January 09, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Wait! Stop the fight! I got sand in my eyes..

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast