Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naruto x Uniqlo Special Ova (Manga Spoilers)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto x Uniqlo Special Ova

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    The answer has been stated muliple times not only in this thread but in the whats coming up next thread just search a little bit...

Here Ill help you out
    Quote Quote:
    To clear up some confusion THIS IS NOT SPOILERS OF THE MANGAS FUTURE. This isnt even an OVA it is a promotional video made by a shirt selling company to promote their merchandise. Kishi has nothing to do with it at all.
    Not entirely true.

It's a promotional DVD that was given away with purchase of UNIQLO's new Naruto t-shirts, two of which were designed personally by Kishimoto. It was animated by Studio Pierrot, the company that produces the Naruto anime, which was responsible for desining the other 9 shirts in the clothing line.

It's classified as an OVA because it's an original video animation (direct-to-video).

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto x Uniqlo Special Ova (Manga Spoilers)

Let's suppose this is indeed a video promotional to show also what's coming soon, just let's suppose. We can see some possible conclusion and events happening:
    1. Naruto vs Sasuke's fight will be so strong that it will reshape the envoirment, just like Hashirama vs Madara
    2. There will be a possible time skip after their fight, even if this happen maybe the war is not even over yet.
    3. At some point Naruto will obtain Asuma's Kunai... maybe given by Shikamaru or by Edo tenseid Asuma.
    4. Naruto will use his clones to enter into sennin mode or will master a way to enter into that mode during battle.
    5. Sasuke will obtaine new powers from this fight or will become evil for good
    6. Madara and Kabuto still together after their fight... again a sign of that this fight might happen during the war and not at the end of it.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I think baby cry hinted us that Sasukes new EMS will be so powerful that it will be able to impregnate all the Sasukes fan girls (and maybe fan boys) that look straight into it.

On a more serious note...

Fanfic or not, it gave me the impression that Mads and Kabuto will stick together for a long time... and basically will live FOREVER and TOGETHER.

And it's kinda strange that MS was compared to sage mode. I always thought that Naruto was one step behind Sasuke, and i'd say MS = Bijuu mode.

Edit:
    Kabuto: Geee Mads, what you wanna do this decade?
    Madara: The same thing we do every decade Kabuto - try to take over the world!
    Last edited by Sollum; January 16, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xAznSinnage's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Holy Mode is too much so they just used SM to make it look fair. Sasuke waited till the end with his new eye, so maybe after that (which isn't shown in this trailer promo thingy) Naruto would use his trump card too, but that's too much gay spoilers for Animu fans.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rowel's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

TV-Japan's version of the OVA (best image quality and smallest file size):
    [TV-Japan]_NARUTO_Shippuuden_-_Naruto_X_Uniqlo_OVA_[DVD_848x480_x264_AC3_2ch_384Kbps].mp4

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member AlexGK's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xAznSinnage View Post
    Well you're right about that. I'm afraid they shot a bullet into their own ratings these last couple of months. I'm not even going to get into details if you know what I mean.
    Ehm, what? You know that the fillers had more audience than the cannon episodes during the Pain arc? I dont get it myself, but its true...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Courtesy of DarkAp89

Japanese people likes to watch Naruto Shippuuden fillers and not canon episodes...

Stats from Oricon:
    Episode 180 - Inari's Courage Put to the Test is in the top 10 anime of the period October 4 - October 10 with 4,3% of share.
    Episode 183 - Naruto: Outbreak is one of the most viewed episodes of Naruto Shippuuden with 6,2% share (approx. the same audience as Pokémon).

During the Pain Arc:
    - Episode 152-153 (a special) is not ranked (low audience)
    - Episode 154-155-156-157-158-159-160-161-162 on air in April/May are out of the top 10

The only one episodes of the Pain Arc that got ranked is episode 163 where Naruto start the battle - share 5.7%

So... the reason why Studio Pierrot works on filler is this: audience in Japan like them.
    Last edited by matsemann08; January 17, 2011 at 09:17 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The_Drunk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matsemann08 View Post
    Courtesy of DarkAp89

Japanese people likes to watch Naruto Shippuuden fillers and not canon episodes...

Stats from Oricon:
    Episode 180 - Inari's Courage Put to the Test is in the top 10 anime of the period October 4 - October 10 with 4,3% of share.
    Episode 183 - Naruto: Outbreak is one of the most viewed episodes of Naruto Shippuuden with 6,2% share (approx. the same audience as Pokémon).

During the Pain Arc:
    - Episode 152-153 (a special) is not ranked (low audience)
    - Episode 154-155-156-157-158-159-160-161-162 on air in April/May are out of the top 10

The only one episodes of the Pain Arc that got ranked is episode 163 where Naruto start the battle - share 5.7%

So... the reason why Studio Pierrot works on filler is this: audience in Japan like them.
    I'd rather watch filler episodes also..... I mean let me put it to you in this scenario....

you've read the whole manga from begining to end multiple times and you know everything there is in the Naruto Universe. Then the producers finally decide to animate the whole thing so you start watching them... You do this because you want to see the whole thing unfold with actual character voices, sound effects, and most importantly the animation. The problem is you've read the whole manga so many times that the animated version is almost like reading the manga again.

But what if they offered you the chance to see more Naruto that you haven't read in the manga. People would rather see something new (even if it sucks)... because the more Naruto the better right. So ya.. the fillers should have a bigger audience than what you've read in the manga.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGK View Post
    Ehm, what? You know that the fillers had more audience than the cannon episodes during the Pain arc? I dont get it myself, but its true...
    Nonono, I meant the audience that matters. Us, western citizens. Japs don't know what the **** they're supposed to watch, nor do they understand how much of a fail the episode-long flashbacks are right before the epic canon arcs. We know what's good for us. I stopped caring about them since a long time ago.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member AlexGK's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Nonono, I meant the audience that matters. Us, western citizens. Japs don't know what the **** they're supposed to watch, nor do they understand how much of a fail the episode-long flashbacks are right before the epic canon arcs. We know what's good for us. I stopped caring about them since a long time ago.
    Yet the anime producers could care less for what WE think or want The japanese audience is all they care about, shame on them...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I'm going OT, but if you want more stats about it...

Shikamaru best fight (ep 85): 4.1%
    Guren filler fight (ep 105): 7.2% (record since ep. 4 and 40/41 with 7.2% aswell)
    Kakashi Gaiden (sp. 119/120): 4.7%
    Start of the new canon arc (ep 122): 3.3% (negative record in the history)
    Jiraiya Die (ep 133): 5.1%
    Itachi Die (ep 138): 4.4%
    Sasuke vs Killer Bee (ep 143): 4.8%
    Rokubi starts the final filler fight (ep 150): 5.8% (new record)
    The new season start - Naruto cry (ep 152/153): 3.7%
    Pain destroy Konoha (ep 162): 4.6%
    Naruto fight Pain (ep 167): 5.6%
    Yondaime reveals is the father of Naruto (ep 168): 4.8%
    Naruto returns to the village (ep 175): 6.1% (new record)
    Naruto comedy filler for the lulz (ep 183): 6.2% (higher to the Naruto best moment)

and if we go to see the average of the arcs these are the results:

Gaara Arc (1-32): 5.8%
    Sai Arc (33-53): 6.0%
    Sora Arc (54-71): 5.4%
    H&K Arc (72-88): 5.3%
    Sanbi Arc (89-112): 4.8%
    Sasuke and Jiraiya Arc (113-143): 4.7%
    Rokubi Arc (144-151): 4.8%
    Pain Arc (152-175): 4.0%
    The Past of Konoha Arc (176-196): 4.4% (without ep. 196)

So you can see how Japan dislike canon and like originals aka filler. The best reason for it is that the audience of Naruto like to watch new thing that didn't happen in the manga. Producing filler that makes these results are garantueed money for them.
    Last edited by DarkAp89; January 24, 2011 at 07:22 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member donkeyhigh's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, weird.
    That reminds me of the "Only in Japan" meme.
    Wait! Stop the fight! I got sand in my eyes..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Adv2011's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

the amazing thing they have done here is the mix they made for Sasuke's sharingan and the crying babys voice is like Sasuke's heart is cold or something that refers to terrible is going to happen.
    Tobi: no power surpasses my eternal mangeyko sharingan!
    Itachi: Kabuto, to think that you surpassed orochimaru is amazing on it’s own, yet i believe you still have much to learn, especially about who you are deal(?) “dealing?” with

Failll ^^

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

LMFAO just because shit happened in the manga they don't give a **** about it? *walks away with smashed face*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Adv2011's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

LMFAO just because shit happened in the manga they don't give a **** about it? *walks away with smashed face*
    you mean kabuto and Madara?
    Tobi: no power surpasses my eternal mangeyko sharingan!
    Itachi: Kabuto, to think that you surpassed orochimaru is amazing on it’s own, yet i believe you still have much to learn, especially about who you are deal(?) “dealing?” with

Failll ^^

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast