Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: All purpose Art Contest Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All purpose Seasonal Art Contest Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ~Coffee~ View Post
    and I just noticed that Im the only one so far with entries into the Winter Sig contest? LOL
    That's not funny, Coffee~

I'm going to change that very soon but good job getting that many in for the seasonal contest.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got two in before, and they got 2nd and 3rd I think lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner indrid's Avatar
    Texas (It's hot as hell here), but born in Michigan.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to participate, but sadly I just don't read manga anymore. I keep up with bleach every several weeks, but it's gotten very boring and I haven't seen anything particularly inspiring to color.

BUT! If someone wants to suggest a few manga pages/panels they'd like to see all done up, I'll get to it; maybe even rebirth an interest in the medium.
    Last edited by indrid; February 05, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
    dzmcm.deviantart.com

"The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives."
    --Albert Schweitzer

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeBaron8's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for the art contest mods: I see someone has entered different artworks into both the advanced and amateur coloring contests. Is this allowed? Because I thought of doing the same thing. With a newer piece in the advanced contest and some older ones in the amateur contest. Just let me know so I don't post them in the wrong place. Thanks.^^

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question!

Well, Hystzen posted in those two threads based on my mistake since those are his original artworks and thus belong in the Colored Contest, but if those were eligible for one of the coloring contests, what he did would be okay.

The two different levels of the coloring contests are there for users to compete with users of similar levels of skill. If you are new to coloring or don't feel confident in your coloring skills, use the amateur level. If you are confident in your coloring skills, compete in the advanced level.

If this is your first time entering the coloring contests and you are not sure whether you are an amateur or advanced enough for the advanced level, you can submit into both contests as long as you are submitting two different artworks. This should only be done for your first time while you are uncertain. After your first time, you should be able to get a sense whether you are more comfortable in one level or another.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

are there any size limitations for some of these
    such as
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67187

Where there doesn't seem to be a listed limitation~

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no size limitations on any of the contests. We do however expect that all submissions are of a reasonable size and not a 100 x 100 pixel image. At the same time, if you made a fanart and did it in 2400 x 3200 px, you might want to resize it to something like 600 x 800 before uploading it.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to know...are the MH Banner and Twitter contest winners going to be announced very soon!?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Expect to see an announcement of the winners for those contests some time within the next two days.

Just wondering, what did you all think of the new creative writing contest that will be featured in the Spring Art Contests? Do you like the idea? Thoughts or questions about it?

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the idea of the creative writing contest, but I was wondering, is there like a certain topic that goes with it or is it just anything?

I just looked at the Spring contest results and I would like to congratulate the winners!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gintara View Post
    I actually like the idea of the creative writing contest, but I was wondering, is there like a certain topic that goes with it or is it just anything?
    No. It can be about anything. The form of writing is also somewhat variable; you can submit a short story, a poem, etc.

If the creative writing contest turns out to be very popular, we might divide it into more specific categories, but for now, we are just testing the waters with it.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm ...don't mean to barge in ...but I just came back from a very long time away from the site [even longer than this account's registered date] and while looking arount the art section I notice the art contests are a lot less populated now compared to a few years ago when I used to be active , I hope it's just my imagination though... I used to love this part of the site so much <3

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Just wondering, what did you all think of the new creative writing contest that will be featured in the Spring Art Contests? Do you like the idea? Thoughts or questions about it?
    Personally I feel happy with this new category, especially for me who can not do graphics at all. And since I pretty much like writing (poems especially), I found this interesting. I think it's an interesting addition to the contest, although I think somehow there are not many entries yet, even though the deadline is coming soon. Maybe because people tend to think that "art contest" is something related to graphic? I thought so at first so I didn't bother to check this Spring 2011 contest. It was a random click which brought me here, and then I figured out that I can submit a writing as well. XD

Anyway, I hope many people participate in this creative writing contest!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Spring 2011 Colored Art Contest entries - The first beautiful submission by sakura-aneki has a url link error. If you click on the thumbnail it takes you to that MH 404 Error Page~ =/

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Personally I feel happy with this new category, especially for me who can not do graphics at all. And since I pretty much like writing (poems especially), I found this interesting. I think it's an interesting addition to the contest, although I think somehow there are not many entries yet, even though the deadline is coming soon. Maybe because people tend to think that "art contest" is something related to graphic? I thought so at first so I didn't bother to check this Spring 2011 contest. It was a random click which brought me here, and then I figured out that I can submit a writing as well. XD

Anyway, I hope many people participate in this creative writing contest!
    Thank you for entering the contest! That was exactly the intention behind the contest. I know that many people have artistic talent, but for some people, their artistic talents are more literary than visual. Hopefully more people decide to enter the contest!

If writing contests prove popular enough, we could try more specific writing contests, e.g., a haiku contest, general poetry contest, fanfic/short story contest, etc. If you have any thoughts on these contests or any other ideas, please don't hesitate to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    About the Spring 2011 Colored Art Contest entries - The first beautiful submission by sakura-aneki has a url link error. If you click on the thumbnail it takes you to that MH 404 Error Page~ =/
    That is strange. The image is showing, and yet I can't seem to find it in the gallery anywhere. Hopefully one of the techs will be able to sort this issue out. Thank you for pointing it out!

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast