Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: kenichi+Miu becoming a romantic couple and possibly marrying each other?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they become a romantic couple

62 86.11%
  • No, they no not become a romantic couple

10 13.89%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Kenichi and Miu become a romantic couple and possibly marry each other, or not?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Kenichi and Miu become a romantic couple and possibly marry each other, or not?

Will Kenichi and Miu ever become a romantic couple and possibly marry each other, or will Miu forever merely be Kenichi's friend?

Also/Or, will Kenichi fall in love with and marry another girl instead, such as that shy flower girl (forgot her name).

---------------------------------------------------------------

A different, but related questions that I just thought of:

How much does Kenichi like Miu for her personality and such stuff, versus liking her for her attractive body? Is Kenichi's interest in Miu more "skin-deep" or does he like Miu herself more than and over/beyond liking her for her attractive body?

And if he likes Miu beyond her body, what is it about Miu that he likes? Certain personality traits, her being a powerful and skilled martial artist, her being his "childhood sweethert", pity/sympathy for her past, her mysterious nature and past, and/or etc?
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; February 20, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Kenichi and Miu become a romantic couple and possibly marry each other, or not?

Obviously...was it ever in doubt?

Regardless of your personal preference, it has been obvious that Miu will "win" that particular contest since the start. Kenichi has eyes for her and only her, and Miu is starting to come around to the idea....

Don't count on it happening any time soon though. Status quo must be maintained, and the various girl's antics are part of the comedy.Probably won't be resolved til the end.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Kenichi and Miu become a romantic couple and possibly marry each other, or not?

Here's my extremely long term prediction as to how we'll see this.

At the end of the manga, both Kenichi and Miu will leave Ryouzanpaku to explore the world for themselves, and then we'll have a timeskip with Kenichi reentering Ryouzanpaku with a kid. The masters will all be like wtfbbq who is that, and then Miu will walk in with a ring on her finger.

After that, hilarious shenanigans will ensue.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, right now he's got his eyes on Miu... or to be more precise... Miu's .....

(but then again... he's also got his eyes on Shigure's ... and Renka's... lol)

but with time, will he look to more than just physical body figure for his love or marriage partner?

-though Kenichi's mom isn't too bad herself, hehe, so if he's got an eupedus (can't spell atm, grrr) complex, maybe he will end up marrying... a figured girl like his mother, like Miu. However, at the same time, Kenichi's mother isn't quite Miu's figure. Also, in terms of personality, Miu isn't like Kenichi's mom at all, as Kenichi's mom is like a grown up Kenichi's sister (forgot her name, argh!) which makes her even more scary, as Kenichi's father knows all too well, lol. So, if Kenichi wants a wife with his mother's personality, that eliminates Miu.

(this doesn't have to be within the actual manga time+content range, it can be pretendly later in his life "after the manga")
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Maledicente's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was kinda settled when Kenishi got to use that arm protection belonging to Miu's Father.

Kenichi is, after all, the guy approved by Miu's family (and herself since she brought him home) to be the successor or at least the disciple of Ryouzanpaku.

Join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. May we live long and die out. Thank you for not breeding.
    Come to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    Entende o que eu digo? Então vem pro tópico em português!

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they will really got married, cause they fit each other and love each other and also their union is aproved by Miu's family.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ENDER3000's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

who the hell voted no? lmao

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they will but it will not be shown in this manga
    CLEANED

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they definitely will, but it won't be part of the plot. There romance will be covered in an epilogue or something showing that they lived happily ever after in the last chapter.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe when they finally fall in love(first kiss, married or something like that ) , the manga would end...

it happends to nearly all the manga i have read which has ended XD ....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi and Miu will become an official couple when the series is entering its final stage, which at the current pacing of the manga, will be 300+ chapters from now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: off-topic show

I guess Kenichi and Miu will eventually "hook up", as I learned that Miu's family approved of Kenichi, but meh, I don't know personally... Kenichi *might* find himself loving in love with someone else when he gets older, but right now, he certainly wants Miu, especially specific parts of her

(do we know for certain if Miu wants Kenichi too? I don't mind being spoiled, I'm too interested in knowing, hehe)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 24, 2011 at 07:28 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Spoiler: off-topic show

I guess Kenichi and Miu will eventually "hook up", as I learned that Miu's family approved of Kenichi, but meh, I don't know personally... Kenichi *might* find himself loving in love with someone else when he gets older, but right now, he certainly wants Miu, especially specific parts of her

(do we know for certain if Miu wants Kenichi too? I don't mind being spoiled, I'm too interested in knowing, hehe)
    There have been some pretty blatant hints to that effect, so yes I would have to say she definately likes him back. Her bouts of jealousy any time another girl even so much as looked at Kenichi made that pretty obvious.

There have been other incidents as well.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Epic_Rider's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt about it.

Kenichi and Miu are going to end up together. This is probably one of the more blatant examples of foreshadowing a pairing I've seen recently. From the very beginning it was obvious, and it's only gotten more obvious.

The virtue of a journey rarely lies in its destination. What man is so closed to thought that he will not be brought to wonder whether it is he who moves, or the world.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I just remembered, didn't the Elder say that if he Kenichi wanted to marry Miu, the least he'd have to do is defeat him? Lmao, good luck with that, Kenichi.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast