Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    So at this point they've noted three eccentrics namely Eren, Colossal, and Armored (one we've yet to see).
    Actually we already saw Armor Giant from volume 1 of the manga. In chapter 1, there's a giant that destroy Wall Maria's gate. And in chapter 15 that we actually know that it's named as Armor Giant.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq View Post
    Actually we already saw Armor Giant from volume 1 of the manga. In chapter 1, there's a giant that destroy Wall Maria's gate. And in chapter 15 that we actually know that it's named as Armor Giant.
    Oh he doesn't look very armored XD Kinda wrote him off as generic at that point but hey guess if they consider him eccentric~

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize he was armored until chapter 15. I had forgotten that it was a smaller Titan that busted the wall, I assumed it was the colossal one again.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I didn't realize he was armored until chapter 15. I had forgotten that it was a smaller Titan that busted the wall, I assumed it was the colossal one again.
    Ah I looked at the chapter again and I think I see now his uniqueness.

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/2/30

Look at the mouth area its smoother and more pronounced unlike other titans. His joints probably give the impression of armor. That and most likely this too:

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/2/27

Weapons didn't seem to be affecting this type of titan which probably lead to it being nicknamed the Armored one since it seemed invulnerable.
    Last edited by Hamy; August 11, 2011 at 09:38 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back, I can tell the difference too. At the time I didn't pay any attention. Looking at it now, most of the Titans have blank expressions, just "flow" through the herd, and instinctively drift towards humans. The Armored Titan has an expression and energy. In retrospect he seems to have more in common with Colossal Titan and Eren.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Chapter 24 is the latest chapter out, and it just started getting interesting. This manga's a masterpiece that I just can't help but re-read several times and it still feels awesome.
    Last edited by Hiro Hayase; August 12, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume 5 Cover, HQ:

Added volume four and five covers to the OP, if anyone is looking for them.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sena Hayase View Post
    Well I'm also willing to wager that the female titan is just like Eren too. Judging by her overly outlined muscular build and Eren's titan from has this physical feature as well, unlike other titans who usually have potbelly and have the face of perverted old men. Now the bigger question is what does this female titan want with Eren? And how does she know about him when she's titan? I was astonished when she spared Armin and co. their bloody demise, maybe she thought Armin was too cute to kill lol. Her lips and eyes as well as high intelligence are clear giveaway's that suggest she's a human transformed titan.

Maybe this female titan was also created by Eren's father and that's why she wants to meet him.

Perhaps the titans are a result of human experimentation like how yoma came about in the manga Claymore. It does seem like there is a conspiracy unfolding behind the aristocrats in the central castle. Or there are other human settlements outside the walls of Rose Maria.

Chapter 24 is the latest chapter out, and it just started getting interesting. This manga's a masterpiece that I just can't help but re-read several times and it still feels awesome.
    She is 99% certainly a human! I mean just look at the way she began running she was covering the nape of her neck! No titan had ever done such a thing. Moreover, her maneuvers such as jumping clearly show thought and adaptability, I daresay even at a level above what Eren is capable of at the moment. I also think her "sparing" Armin might actually be not due to mercy but she actually examined his face, she has facial recognition, and probably thought that he was Eren since she was given the wrong multiple information as to where in the formation Eren would be.

Her knowledge actually brings about another concern namely how did she find out... Way for her to find out is through a mole or a spy... I do have a long concern about the titans but I will just explain that when the 24th chapter is scanlated as that would be more salient for discussion.
    Last edited by Hamy; August 14, 2011 at 12:43 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been reading chapter raws as they come out, so I only know what is going on up until chapter 18 (volume 4 end).

What I find interesting is the relationship between Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. They have been a team since the beginning, and I love how they play off each other. I feel that Armin is a little underdeveloped, but I'm sure as time goes on, he'll be more confident to be the negotiator.

Speaking of Armin, I'm kind of surprised during the training flashback the instructor wondered if there would be a place for him in the scouting legion. Granted, the scouting legion IS the most phsyically taxing job, but I feel like its a bit of a cop out for Armin to have to define his skills...surely the legion have something like a field medic, right?

Sorry if my post is introspective, but I have to admit what is the most fascinating to me is how people behave in this world. It feels very well researched.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

What role might Grisha (Eren's father) play in this story? Did he change Mikasa's body as well?

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I haven't been reading chapter raws as they come out, so I only know what is going on up until chapter 18 (volume 4 end).
    I am not reading raws either. I would rather wait until I can read translated chapters, put the picture with words. I am happy to see there are so many who enjoy the Shingeki enough to read raws, it says a lot for how popular this series will be once it is fully translated. And hopefully it will be soon, hopefully someone will notice how popular it is and that there are only six untranslated chapters left.

Quote Quote:
    What I find interesting is the relationship between Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. They have been a team since the beginning, and I love how they play off each other. I feel that Armin is a little underdeveloped, but I'm sure as time goes on, he'll be more confident to be the negotiator.
    I find Armin's relationship to the more hot headed Mikasa and Eren interesting. Normally the smart, weak, introspective character is the voice of reason. Not Armin. He seems to calm them down, when their actions begin to outpace their thoughts, but he is not exactly the voice of reason. He always seems to encourage them to dream big, whether that means encouraging Eren to seek the world outside of the walls or planning the maneuver to seal Wall Rose.

He had some nice development in volume three, learning to suppress his fear and act more courageous in spite of his small stature.

Quote Quote:
    Speaking of Armin, I'm kind of surprised during the training flashback the instructor wondered if there would be a place for him in the scouting legion. Granted, the scouting legion IS the most phsyically taxing job, but I feel like its a bit of a cop out for Armin to have to define his skills...surely the legion have something like a field medic, right?

Sorry if my post is introspective, but I have to admit what is the most fascinating to me is how people behave in this world. It feels very well researched.
    The military probably expects recruits like Armin to gravitate to units that are behind the front lines: officer training, police, medics, intelligence or counter-intelligence. Medics have not been discussed much but it is likely that even the medics for the Scouting Legion avoid the front line, maintaining secure field bases. The instructors were probably shocked that someone without much fighting ability could still make it into the Scouting Legion.

---------- Post added August 13, 2011 at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was August 12, 2011 at 11:37 AM ----------

It didn't take long but all 24 chapters are scanlated. TDX Scanlation Group (Shiki, Dogs, Liar Game scanlator) just released the remaining chapters. I will spend the day tomorrow catching up

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! Great chapters, i got no clue where the history is going and what is the female goal...

What a cliffhanger. Rivaille and Eren versus that amazing female titan, shit is going to happen!!!! When will the next chapter be released in japan?

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Wow!!! Great chapters, i got no clue where the history is going and what is the female goal...

What a cliffhanger. Rivaille and Eren versus that amazing female titan, shit is going to happen!!!! When will the next chapter be released in japan?
    That chapter was just released so wait till next month. My comments are already the ones in the spoiler tags maybe I'll start removing them. Anycase interesting new point on the side chapter. I am thinking the unique thing that may have triggered the titans reaction can be two things a) a fleeting remains of consciousness if they were indeed human at one point or b) the notebook triggers a sight recognition as the Ymir probably carry notebooks around when they were creating these titans. I don't see any other unique points about that scouting legion lady with her uniform or race, e.g. Mikasa, so I am thinking something triggered it and it was her notebook since that would be the most unique thing.

Course one can reconcile titans as being programmed created beings (ala Homunculus) to them being humans as we do see with Eren he did have programmed knowledge embedded into him by his father. But yeah... female titan is kick ass!
    Last edited by Hamy; August 14, 2011 at 01:06 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Having all the latest chapters released at once made me jump for joy quite literally. The author really gave us quite the cliffhanger, but seeing it as how the right and left flank of the scouting legion are circling around the giant group of trees, they might be planning to capture the female titan alive. Why else would you have the rest of your soldiers encircle Eren's squad, unless for that purpose.

On the art: Its nice seeing an improvement in the art of Shingeki no Kyojin in all aspects. The facial features of the characters, the background, the detailed houses and tree, the bodies of the titans, the proportions are also better, the angle/perspective, and etc.

When Christina saved Armin, Jean, and Ryner from demise, all of their thoughts were as followed:

Armin: God sent...

Jean: Goodness...

Ryner: I want to marry her...

LOL
    Last edited by Hiro Hayase; August 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sena Hayase View Post
    Having all the latest chapters released at once made me jump for joy quite literally. The author really gave us quite the cliffhanger, but seeing it as how the right and left flank of the scouting legion are circling around the giant group trees, they might be planning to capture the female titan alive. Why else would you have the rest of your encircle Eren's squad, unless for that purpose.

On the art: Its nice seeing an improvement in the art of Shingeki no Kyojin in all aspects. The facial features of the characters, the background, the detailed houses and tree, the bodies of the titans, the proportions are also better, the angle/perspective, and etc.
    Capturing her will be highly difficult given her level of intelligence and coordination that goes well above Eren's own. Chances are they may need to kill her, and plot point wise capturing her would answer too many questions at this point of the manga.

In fact normal maneuvers are pretty pointless against her and possibly only Levi, given his talent could face her, but he would need IMO Eren's help in titan form. Reason being that she covers the nape of her neck but if Eren were to turn titan even in a unpredictable and lack of control compared to her he should pose a threat enough for her to need to use both hands. Thus leaving her vulnerable to Levi to strike down. There is still the slight chance of capturing her if they engage her in the forest and send a recon ahead to inform the other two groups who will reach the edge but really it seems possibly too early to capture information and given her skill I think its more feasible to kill her since they clearly lack fire power and experience to subdue her. Or she could just run away...

On another note... Sorry seems I'm on the mood to analyze... The titans who were being experimented on that were killed why do you think they were killed? I mean what is odd here is that it seemed to me that they had possession of those titans for some time so I wonder why would they opt to strike now? Given the reaction of the commander there is an enemy who does not want them to find out the truth but again I ask why strike now when the titans have been there at the camp for some time. My answer is that it may have to do with Eren's existence. Remember Hanji mentioned about wanting to run some experiments with Eren that presumably involve the titans they have in captivity. In other words some reaction may occur that the opposing faction does not want to happen, some discovery might occur that would reveal some facet about the nature of titans. Now that the female titan is after Eren it seems even more likely that there is something about Eren that could lead to a significant discovery that the other side does not want to happen.

In this scenario as well it means that the spy who has been leaking information could possibly be one of the people assigned to guarding Eren, if indeed his existence being experimented on would provoke the other side to take action, since the only people who would know of Hanji's intentions are those who were at the dinner table (currently are also traveling with Eren). Female titan would most likely avoid attacking the informant so its just a matter of discerning her attack pattern to weed out the mole. This is my theory at least.
    Last edited by Hamy; August 14, 2011 at 07:35 AM.

New Reply
Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast