Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime

While I hate spoilers, this convo got me curious so I dl'ed raws for the new chapter. The backgrounds have definitely become more detailed, the houses have a more pronounced 16th-17th century German look to them. Some of the anatomical issues have been fixed too. Quirks remain, no one will ever mistake Shingeki for Berserk but that's part of what I like about it.

Hopefully volume 2 is released soon. It's been about a month since volume 1 was released. Sally, Thornie, and Sama have all teased me with how good it is

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gottheim's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have good news. The second volume has been fully translated, and scanlation should follow within the next few days.
    Stay tuned.

3. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really take much note of the backgrounds when I read vol1, so I guess that means it wasn't very outstanding in my eyes. Good to hear that his art improves in vol2, and hopefully the trend means things will only get better and better. Isayama-sensei obviously has his good points art-wise such as his interesting use of perspective in some scenes, but at others the weird proportion kinda detracts a little from the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Hopefully volume 2 is released soon. It's been about a month since volume 1 was released. Sally, Thornie, and Sama have all teased me with how good it is
    Have I? I haven't even read it myself

Glad to hear the scanlation is going to be out soon, I was actually about to read the raw but reading English is so much easier~

I thought you did. If you didn't I blame my age and senility /Kaiten
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 12, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read ch 18,
    Spoiler show

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume 2 was released! I only read one chapter so far.

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime

Volume 2 was very good!
    This series already become one of my favorites
    Spoiler show

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://blog.jorf.co.jp/bijuuradio/20...31hr-6a19.html
    Isayama become a guest for a podcast radio, it focused on martial arts though, so only few parts of it concerning the manga. But I kinda surprised on how low Isayama's confidence. From around 15:00, they're talking about the manga and Isayama said that a lot of people bought the manga because people talk about it, and despite the manga is in a category that choose the reader, he feel guilty for people that bought it and feel deceived because it's not what they expected. That the manga sell is not because of his true strength as mangaka. He also said that his drawing skill is bad, and he still in process of learning to draw better.
    Well, this is his first serialisation, so he must be never dreamed that the manga become this successful. At least he's not becoming cocky.
    Spoiler: chapter 19 show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, better shy and humble than cocky. this mean he is still trying to improve his work

But there is no way for a new series sell almost 2 million copies if the story isn't good.
    Besides i only found one person who didn't liked this series after read it.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Isayama himself think that if liken to martial arts, this is a "Lucky punch". There are a lot of another mangaka that are not as lucky as he is despite them giving more effort than him. I guess that makes him feel more sorry about the success.
    In the interview, he also said that he planned the manga to be 20 volumes long. I wonder if it will be like what he said, or it will be prolonged into much more.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Estranho's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the volume 2.

Spoiler show

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving this so far Even if the art isn't the best around, somehow the scratchiness of it works pretty well with the nature of the story.

I really liked Mikasa's flashback, it gave me chills down my spine in a good way many times. I also really liked how Mikasa rallied everyone, using Eren's words too to galvanise them to take that leap of faith because Eren's right - you don't stand a chance if you don't do anything at all.

The volume ends with another cliffhanger, which kinda sucks, and I'm really tempted to read volume 3 raw now. I just might do that It's obvious that Eren's presence was what caused that titan to be different from the rest, but why? Was he piloting it like one would a gundam? I agree with Estranho that it didn't look like he became the titan, since they became 2 distinct things at the end. I wonder if Eren is the only one capable of this because of the stuff the doc did to him before, or if this is a new method they can use to fight the titans.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I'm loving this so far Even if the art isn't the best around, somehow the scratchiness of it works pretty well with the nature of the story.
    [2]
    And i love how creepy are the smiles of the Titans.
    I really liked Mikasa's flashback, it gave me chills down my spine in a good way many times. I also really liked how Mikasa rallied everyone, using Eren's words too to galvanise them to take that leap of faith because Eren's right - you don't stand a chance if you don't do anything at all.
    Yeah, that flashback was great.
    And Mikasa showed qualities of a true leader on that moment.

The volume ends with another cliffhanger, which kinda sucks, and I'm really tempted to read volume 3 raw now. I just might do that It's obvious that Eren's presence was what caused that titan to be different from the rest, but why? Was he piloting it like one would a gundam? I agree with Estranho that it didn't look like he became the titan, since they became 2 distinct things at the end. I wonder if Eren is the only one capable of this because of the stuff the doc did to him before, or if this is a new method they can use to fight the titans.
    Hmm...Saladesu, guess you and Estranho are right...
    Maybe Eren was acting like some kind of parasite which can control its host. There are some cases in nature of this happening(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacculina).
    After being swallowed he changed the Titan's appearance and behavior to kill others Titans instead of eaten humans.
    And i am pretty sure this has a connection with that injections he received from his father, since everyone else who got eaten end up dead.

ps:Maybe Mikasa can do that too if Eren's father used her as a guinea pig as well.
    Last edited by Dass Jennir; March 12, 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That manga seems interesting, I will read it. How many chapters are available so far? (Raws)

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The art reminds me a little of Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, where the artist has trouble drawing humans but does a fantastic job on other more bizarre/surreal looking aspects, in this case the Titans.

Also Misaka is pretty swiftly establishing herself as the best character.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Woooooah! I just read the 2nd volume!!!! I never expected it to be THIS good!!!

What a page this was:
    Spoiler show

Epic scene. Most WTF moment.
    Last edited by baboysai; March 14, 2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast