Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Well, historia is definitely going to be a titan. I think the whole thing is related to her backstory as a whole. I don't think mikasa will be a titan.... She would be too hax as one. Even now she is probably only second to the leader of the scouting legion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, historia is definitely going to be a titan. I think the whole thing is related to her backstory as a whole. I don't think mikasa will be a titan.... She would be too hax as one. Even now she is probably only second to the leader of the scouting legion.
    hmm never thought historia as a titan always consider her as a run away princess or something like that. Was wondering about the end of the opening to attack on titan anime the picture with the majority group looking out in the distance wonder if this is the hint that they are the selected titan shifters. but yeah I totally agree Mikasa would be overpowered need to be nerfed lol

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To me what gave it away about her being a titan is her origins... She is a noble of sorts and it seems like ymir was in a similar situation. If titanism is gene related them perhaps everyone in the nobility and royalty will turn out to be titans...

Another thing I have been wondering is what take exactly will the manga take in regards to the nature of titan's powers. Will it be a sciency approach and it will be some sort of virus/infection/mutation linked to genetics or something or will it be more of a magical thing. Perhaps the shots we saw eren take suggest more of a sciency approach? Or perhaps it is something of a combination of the two....

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

To me what gave it away about her being a titan is her origins... She is a noble of sorts and it seems like ymir was in a similar situation. If titanism is gene related them perhaps everyone in the nobility and royalty will turn out to be titans...

Another thing I have been wondering is what take exactly will the manga take in regards to the nature of titan's powers. Will it be a sciency approach and it will be some sort of virus/infection/mutation linked to genetics or something or will it be more of a magical thing. Perhaps the shots we saw eren take suggest more of a sciency approach? Or perhaps it is something of a combination of the two....
    Yeah Pretty much agree I do however think that the titan shifter aren't in full control of their actions. As we saw with Eren dream sequence where he lost control and attack his friends. Perhaps there is some mind control mubo going on.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/9/25

I was going through the old chapters and suddenly I found this moment a tad funny. The 3 known titans so far actually made sure eren walked out of that pickle alive... I wonder how many things which could ultimately be related to them being titans there are... I am hoping to find something else about the interaction between those 3. For that matter, not too long back annie was the only one they seemed concerned about... fun stuff.

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/9/25

I was going through the old chapters and suddenly I found this moment a tad funny. The 3 known titans so far actually made sure eren walked out of that pickle alive... I wonder how many things which could ultimately be related to them being titans there are... I am hoping to find something else about the interaction between those 3. For that matter, not too long back annie was the only one they seemed concerned about... fun stuff.

I think they knew it was a titan shifter but they didn't know it was Eren himself as you see a few pages on they are as shocked as the others.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, you are right, my post kinda assumes they knew it was eren when they could have just thought it was a fellow human titan. The point I was trying to make was whether there would be past manga events which would hint at those 3 being the titans in question though. They obviously have a friendship of sorts going on and the author seems to have been planning that for a while so perhaps the author did leave hints here and there towards said relationship that could have actually foreshadowed this.

Ahhh, I had forgotten the horrors of monthly manga.... I hadn't actually seriously followed one since fullmetal alchemist... next chapter seems so far away....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You can be shocked even if you know it.
    I can say you: I'm a titan, but you will shocked in any case when I suddenly transform into a monster nope? Maybe less than others but at least a bit.

However even in the last anime episode (can't remember which manga chapter maybe the one preceding the linked one) Reiner, Berthold and Annie had a strange conversation where they discuss if "set in" or not and Annie answer don't. Someone else already discussed this in that post that predict all the stuff about the infiltrated titans.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Say, has anyone noticed there are a couple differences between the armored and colossal titan and the rest of the titans? Overall the colossal and armored titan seem to have special traits which make them different from normal and human titans however annie, eren and ymir seem to have no unique traits of their own. I guess annie could be different in having a female like body though... Anyways, at least eren and ymir seem to have no unique traits whatsoever. Why would the armored and colossal titans be so unique as titans while the others aren't? I wonder if eren and ymir have the potential to evolve as titans and get special traits of their own.... Specially ymir... her particular titan form seems to be deformed like that of normal titans and on top of that she seems to be even less powerful than eren considering how she struggled with just a few titans and how small she actually is. Eren is perhaps a step away from gaining special titan abilities but perhaps ymir has yet to even acquire a proper human like shape titan body. Perhaps its a matter of stages and size (with the exception of the colossal titan given that his ability would be to be huge).

Something else I have been thinking is about the purpose of the wall.... Why was there a sudden titan outbreak within the wall? For 100 years such a thing had not happened.... I am thinking that perhaps the wall also protected humans from turning into titans while it remained intact. Now that it has a breach over it then perhaps it allowed for whatever causes titanism to get in.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Another thing I have been wondering about is what exactly was the world like before the titan invasion... Seeing the humans it really didn't seem like they were very technologically advanced (which did make me wonder how exactly the wall was built before the titans within it were revealed) and even now the best they manage is the 3d maneuvering gear which is at best an impractical steam punk approach to killing titans. You'd think they would have improved cannons a bit after 100 years of fighting titans rather than finding a needlessly complicated way of fighting them in close range after all this time....

On one hand what little has been said does not necessarily suggest that before the titans they were in basically our world. If they were it wouldn't make sense for titans to be able to take over, I doubt a tank and jets would have trouble with them. But on the other hand the world's history seems to have been tampered with so to speak. Humans believed they were the ones to construct the wall when right now there is no reason for us to think that was the case. More so, wouldn't eren being a titan because of his father's work imply some pretty advance knowledge so to speak? Or perhaps when the titan war started there were simply too many people being turned into titans for it to be contained. While the technology existed to destroy each and every one they simply kept appearing. Its not that titans won against the military might on earth but rather people kept turning into them without anyone being able to do anything about it.

Once that happened it was a matter of time until humanity was defeated. Then the wall kicks in. The wall was not made by humans, that much is certain.... Humans were placed within the walls by whoever or whatever is behind this... who knows for what though. Perhaps the purpose of the religion is to keep people from looking too deep into the walls. Perhaps the very god which they claim built the wall is the enemy in this particular case. With historia being nobility and ymir being something of the sort it makes sense the royalty of the country would be in the know in regards to what exactly is going on. Of course if I am right then this story is basically the matrix with giant zombie overlords instead of robots.

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Say, has anyone noticed there are a couple differences between the armored and colossal titan and the rest of the titans? Overall the colossal and armored titan seem to have special traits which make them different from normal and human titans however annie, eren and ymir seem to have no unique traits of their own. I guess annie could be different in having a female like body though... Anyways, at least eren and ymir seem to have no unique traits whatsoever. Why would the armored and colossal titans be so unique as titans while the others aren't? I wonder if eren and ymir have the potential to evolve as titans and get special traits of their own.... Specially ymir... her particular titan form seems to be deformed like that of normal titans and on top of that she seems to be even less powerful than eren considering how she struggled with just a few titans and how small she actually is. Eren is perhaps a step away from gaining special titan abilities but perhaps ymir has yet to even acquire a proper human like shape titan body. Perhaps its a matter of stages and size (with the exception of the colossal titan given that his ability would be to be huge).

Something else I have been thinking is about the purpose of the wall.... Why was there a sudden titan outbreak within the wall? For 100 years such a thing had not happened.... I am thinking that perhaps the wall also protected humans from turning into titans while it remained intact. Now that it has a breach over it then perhaps it allowed for whatever causes titanism to get in.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Another thing I have been wondering about is what exactly was the world like before the titan invasion... Seeing the humans it really didn't seem like they were very technologically advanced (which did make me wonder how exactly the wall was built before the titans within it were revealed) and even now the best they manage is the 3d maneuvering gear which is at best an impractical steam punk approach to killing titans. You'd think they would have improved cannons a bit after 100 years of fighting titans rather than finding a needlessly complicated way of fighting them in close range after all this time....

On one hand what little has been said does not necessarily suggest that before the titans they were in basically our world. If they were it wouldn't make sense for titans to be able to take over, I doubt a tank and jets would have trouble with them. But on the other hand the world's history seems to have been tampered with so to speak. Humans believed they were the ones to construct the wall when right now there is no reason for us to think that was the case. More so, wouldn't eren being a titan because of his father's work imply some pretty advance knowledge so to speak? Or perhaps when the titan war started there were simply too many people being turned into titans for it to be contained. While the technology existed to destroy each and every one they simply kept appearing. Its not that titans won against the military might on earth but rather people kept turning into them without anyone being able to do anything about it.

Once that happened it was a matter of time until humanity was defeated. Then the wall kicks in. The wall was not made by humans, that much is certain.... Humans were placed within the walls by whoever or whatever is behind this... who knows for what though. Perhaps the purpose of the religion is to keep people from looking too deep into the walls. Perhaps the very god which they claim built the wall is the enemy in this particular case. With historia being nobility and ymir being something of the sort it makes sense the royalty of the country would be in the know in regards to what exactly is going on. Of course if I am right then this story is basically the matrix with giant zombie overlords instead of robots.
    whoa there a mouthful at a half lol I'll try to point out a few things to what questions you asked. Annie does have a power in the chapter she has numerous times changed her neck nape in crystal and when they finally pulled her out she encased herself in crystal. Ymir is an older titan shifter than the others possibly the oldest if she hasen't developed power yet she might not at all she might be considered to be the beta test subject if you catch my meaning.
    As regarding the history is hinted every so often at start of each manga chapter it seemed that the humans have been following our own historical timeline and were at the point of late medieval to Early modern. As for the rest very interesting buddy can't really answer anymore it's all up to guess work now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Ymir is an older titan shifter than the others possibly the oldest if she hasen't developed power yet she might not at all she might be considered to be the beta test subject if you catch my meaning.
    The "First Children"? (LOL)

Check this:

However general setting reminds me a steampunk-like civilization.
    Last edited by teioh; May 22, 2013 at 02:54 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Something which just stroke me as weird is the way the walls were built... Wouldn't it have been better if rather than building 4 towns around the outer most wall they would actually keep the furthest away from them as they can? humans somehow attract and the towns were meant to keep titans concentrated there for whatever reason (there was one but I can't remember). Wouldn't it have been better if they kept the population at large as far away as possible from the outer wall while keeping by the wall just the necessary to keep proper survailance over it? That way even if the wall is breached there wouldn't be that many titans attracted to it. Maybe I missed something explained in the manga though. Perhaps the wall was made so that at due time it could be breached and it would do the most damage?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I missing something? Why is Ymir getting so much attention? She is a minor character at best, and her titan form is retarded. Plus, she ate humans. In light of Reiner, Annie, and Bert, That is primitive to say the least.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Am I missing something? Why is Ymir getting so much attention? She is a minor character at best, and her titan form is retarded. Plus, she ate humans. In light of Reiner, Annie, and Bert, That is primitive to say the least.
    Because people want to know the origin and/or purpose of Titans.
    Hanji based her titan knowledge on two very primitive titans.
    Is Ymir a born titan or was she an experiment?

Plus, of 3 incidents that occurred so far involving Ymir.

Spoiler show

I don't know...So many questions.... it's fascinating and somewhat fun to figure out the puzzle
    Last edited by Georgie; May 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. She only transforms into a lesser titan unlike the others but overall she has been built to have great relevance in regards to the entire plot surrounding the titans (which is ALL the plot). She has been built ever since we saw that dairy thing which was quite a while back....

New Reply
Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast