Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 34 of 89 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/
    SnK game.
    5 kills my personal best.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    marco died shortly after the second wall was attacked by the colossal titan. Shortly after that annie killed the 2 titans using marco's gear. I would think annie used her own gear to kill the titans and then presented marco's gear when they were inspected. Going by the manga it seems like it is possible to identify when a gear has been recently used so it makes sense that she would not present the one she used to kill the titans. What does not make sense is for her to not have used marco's gear to do it so as to present her own gear at the inspection. Then again it might have been that she did not know which one was which, even armin's way to tell was highly improbable.

You have to remember RAB were after the walls at the moment. It is possible marco overheard something or perhaps saw one of them transforming before backing out from destroying the wall (the armored titan did not appear to destroy the second part of the wall that time and armin did make the point that eren appearing could have caused that).
    Armin speculated that Annie had to use the gear she is most comfortable with in order to kill those titans (Chapter 32 Page 29). You could probably speculate that most 3d gears are adjusted to fit its user. And Marco's gear isn't adjusted comfortably for Annie to kill those titans....O_O

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    http://fenglee.com/game/aog/
    SnK game.
    5 kills my personal best.
    Cool stuff. I havent been able to go past the second kill. I find the controls to be a bit hard but I guess hard is the only way to go with this kind of thing. I like the game though.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is in it's infant stage still, but I really like the new update, and on next one we're gonna have a deviant as well

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so you are developing the game? Good job. I did notice there was something different the second time I play, the update seems to be a decent improvement (I also got to 4 kills). A deviant? That would definitely be hard considering how they work in the manga but I will definitely look forward to it.

---------- Post added June 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2013 at 07:01 PM ----------

What I am particularly having trouble with is those small titans at this point. Its extremely difficult to get to those damn napes and avoid the attacks. I will get it eventually though...

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so you are developing the game? Good job. I did notice there was something different the second time I play, the update seems to be a decent improvement (I also got to 4 kills). A deviant? That would definitely be hard considering how they work in the manga but I will definitely look forward to it.

What I am particularly having trouble with is those small titans at this point. Its extremely difficult to get to those damn napes and avoid the attacks. I will get it eventually though...
    No no no, I just found a link to it on reddit, and the youtube video with the new update mentioned deviants for next version.
    And yeah, smaller ones were harder to deal with, but since the new special attack, they are much easier to handle. The bigger giants are also much easier now due to the fact that you can stay attached on your cable for as long as you want with Q and E.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What special attack? I noticed they could attack in a few more ways but I did not notice a special attack of any sort..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What special attack? I noticed they could attack in a few more ways but I did not notice a special attack of any sort..
    I think he might be talking about the downward slash (or w/e it's called) you can perform by pressing s+LMB

EDIT: Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but it might be wise to have this guy craft a bunch of those, just in case Titans decide to attack us sometime in the future

Last edited by Bandreus; June 25, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall I have been wondering if the overall personality we have seen from berholt is actually his real one. As far as reyner goes I think we have seen his personality as a whole pretty well. Even if he is an asshole he does seem to be honest at heart which is why his actions made him go insane and loose sight of reality. The issue is that berholt is not going through that.... Reyner has risked his life for others and he has gotten involved with everyone as a whole but yet berholt has remained on the margin of the scene. I believe that the reason for that is that he simply does not involve with others more than he should. But if he has maintained his sanity and overall he has not gotten involved himself with others it would make sense we have not actually seen what he really is like. And even now he seems more concerned about reyner being insane than anything else... Perhaps once he actually gets comfortable with someone he will be significantly different from what we have seen so far.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall I have been wondering if the overall personality we have seen from berholt is actually his real one. As far as reyner goes I think we have seen his personality as a whole pretty well. Even if he is an asshole he does seem to be honest at heart which is why his actions made him go insane and loose sight of reality. The issue is that berholt is not going through that.... Reyner has risked his life for others and he has gotten involved with everyone as a whole but yet berholt has remained on the margin of the scene. I believe that the reason for that is that he simply does not involve with others more than he should. But if he has maintained his sanity and overall he has not gotten involved himself with others it would make sense we have not actually seen what he really is like. And even now he seems more concerned about reyner being insane than anything else... Perhaps once he actually gets comfortable with someone he will be significantly different from what we have seen so far.
    I think he's still not gonna be the courageous type, but he's actually really sane and clear minded that's what I feel. He's kinda like a check on Reiner, who has pretty much the opposite character type as far as we've seen. And he probably knows that too, but whether he has a big enough voice to get through to Reiner is another issue.

The moment he admits pity for Eren, I come to firmly believe he's a true neutral type, if you're familiar with alignments. That is someone who doesn't concern himself with others who aren't important to him, someone who only watches by the sidelines, involving himself only to help his own or his friend's situation. To be honest, I doubt he even agrees to come inside the walls deep down, but only tagging along because Reiner is here. Also, it's not like being honest can be considered a good quality of him. Let's consider it this way, he is honest with Eren rather than using Reiner's argument later on. That's probably because Eren isn't his concern at all, that's why he can give such an indifferent answer and pours the slightest sympathy. To him, this isn't his honesty, rather this is the brutal reality of this world he believes in.

If he really is what I think he is, then I can very much personally relate to him, but I'm really not a big fan of this type of character lol.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think bernholt's comment on feeling pity is all that significant to be honest. Overall, why should it? Bernholt so far seems perfectly aware of what he was doing and unlike reyner his sanity is not slipping past him. What else was he supposed to say? bernholt was a warrior with a mission when he attacked the walls, that is it. He went to do his mission knowing full well that it would cost the lives of everyone there. So far R&B have not been portrayed as random dr evil wannabes who want to destroy the world for no reason, they are warriors and whatever the cost they believe there is a reason for what they are doing which is why they are able to murder all those people. So.... bernholt feeling pity for eren is the only thing he could have felt. Its like a boss firing someone so to speak. The boss did not enjoy it, he won't take pride on it either but he sure as hell won't regret it because it had to be done. Bernholt almost certainly feels genuily sorry for eren but in the end he did what he had to do.

As far as him being neutral... I don't think that makes much sense with what we know. Since he does retain his sanity he is perfectly aware of the fact that he is an enemy of mankind. He is aware that he is responsible for the deaths of 20% of the human population at large, he is aware that EVERYONE hates him and he is aware that each and every one of his peers is his mortal enemy. Bernholt at large simply did not get emotionally involved with the enemy. When it came to dangerous situations it was reyner who saved everyone but the current implication is that bernholt himself would have left them die and not bat an eyelash.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think bernholt's comment on feeling pity is all that significant to be honest. Overall, why should it? Bernholt so far seems perfectly aware of what he was doing and unlike reyner his sanity is not slipping past him. What else was he supposed to say? bernholt was a warrior with a mission when he attacked the walls, that is it. He went to do his mission knowing full well that it would cost the lives of everyone there. So far R&B have not been portrayed as random dr evil wannabes who want to destroy the world for no reason, they are warriors and whatever the cost they believe there is a reason for what they are doing which is why they are able to murder all those people. So.... bernholt feeling pity for eren is the only thing he could have felt. Its like a boss firing someone so to speak. The boss did not enjoy it, he won't take pride on it either but he sure as hell won't regret it because it had to be done. Bernholt almost certainly feels genuily sorry for eren but in the end he did what he had to do.

As far as him being neutral... I don't think that makes much sense with what we know. Since he does retain his sanity he is perfectly aware of the fact that he is an enemy of mankind. He is aware that he is responsible for the deaths of 20% of the human population at large, he is aware that EVERYONE hates him and he is aware that each and every one of his peers is his mortal enemy. Bernholt at large simply did not get emotionally involved with the enemy. When it came to dangerous situations it was reyner who saved everyone but the current implication is that bernholt himself would have left them die and not bat an eyelash.
    I guess I have no comment to the first part of your comment, since at the moment we're really lacking more Bertholt interactions as you've said.

As for the second part, sorry I was unclear, true neutral does not specifically mean a character has a neutral political stance. It's a personal, moral stance, and it only means he only concerns about things he cares about. Not getting "emotionally involved with the enemy" and leaving "them die" can be a part of it. In fact, I'd like to think the reason he could be so sane and retain his grounds (unlike Reiner) is all thanks to his 'neutrality.' The only reason I bring this neutrality talk in is because I suspect (pretty much evidence-less lol but hey) he's only here because of Reiner.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think R&B are an interesting couple indeed (they are totally into each other btw). Those two has been through some pretty nasty sheit.

They probably were raised as fundamentalists (remember their flashbacks, espcialy the one about Annie's father), have witnessed horror themselves (Ymir devouring a friend of theirs and Titans attacking their village). Also, they had to (were forced into?) go on a very dangerous mission among enemy lines and god only knows what else.

I find Reiner to be the most interesting of the two. I really believe he is sincere in all instances. He's a warrior, proud of it, and with a strong sense of duty. He values determination and bravery onto anything else (to the point of stubborness), and immediately respects Eren as soon as he hears his whole story. He believes in such high and noble ideals that he suffers a fierce internal conflict when getting to know the (so viscerally hated) enemy better, causing his split personality. He is really ready to put his life on the line when saving Connie, would do the same for all of his Soldier companions, and would undoubtedly do the same for Berth. Regardless, he knows what he did was bad and unforgivable (even more so because he got to know not every human is as ugly as he once thought), surely feels guilt about it, but will be carry his duty no regardless such for the sake of being a warrior.

I believe Bertholdt has been true to himself too right from the start. It's just he doesn't really seem to believe in what he's doing as much as Reiner is. If I would have to guess, I'd say Bertholdt is pretty content with doing whatever he's told to. After all, he is both a coward and lack any self confidence. By doing someone else's bidding, he doesn't even have to bother believing in what he's told to believe into (and, by doing so, feeling perfectly fine with it). By doing so, he would always be able to just state "it's what they told me to do", in fact he also admits he doesn't really consider himself responsible for whatever he is doing ("I don't have a will of my own"). He doesn't seem to really give a shit about anyone but Reiner. It's not like he doesn't realize how many (innocent?) people he has killed, but he doesn't feel guilty for it in the slightest, and he never reacts in an emotional way even when witnessing the imminent death of his comrades. He's not even able to sympathize much with Eren when hearing about the facts he's been thorugh. When he says "I felt sorry for you" regarding Eren's mother he's probably true, but you can tell from his face he doesn't feel any guilt, just like it wasn't his fault (and in his mind, it really isn't).

So in a sense yes, I think you could say Berth has a somewhat neutral morality. He does realize killing people is bad I suppose, but at the same time he's willing to do so because that means he doesn't have to take responsibility for whatever decision he might take. He rather prefers to have someone else take decisions in his stead.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are people calling Bert a "coward?" The only thing I could find referenced as a reason was because he didn't appear to like that Reiner revealed their identities to Eren. But knowing what a hothead Eren can be, who would think it's a good idea to level with him like that? The only thing we can gather for certain was that Bert didn't agree with what Reiner was doing and it made him uneasy. Bert must have had different methods/plans in mind from the all-or-nothing bit of foolishness Reiner pulled (for example, how about taking Eren by total surprise, not giving him a choice in coming with them, not giving him any explanation until later), then of course he would have been against what Reiner was doing. Someone said they thought Bert hadn't shown what kind of person he was yet; I think that's closer to the truth. If I were to guess, I'd agree he's probably not getting emotionally involved with others but I also think he's probably just more of an introvert, while Reiner is more extroverted. Introverts tend to get misread as "anti-social" or "shifty." (Eren called Bert "shifty" in the latest chapter's scanlation)

I don't think Bert was faking the reactions he shows here in chapter 16:
    Spoiler show

By the way there was talk about whether one of the two of them lies. Bert was at least twisting the truth, hiding things, or lying outright when he told Eren and Armin about his and Reiner's "past." (The scanlation says "southeast of Wall Maria" but I wonder if he really said "southeast of" or if he meant "in the southeast of" which would make more sense):
    Spoiler show
    Notice Reiner doesn't appear to have a problem with what he's saying yet.

Then after he tells his "story" (facial expression neutral) we get this interesting reaction from Reiner and Bert does even more talking:
    Spoiler show
    I don't think he's so easy to classify as being the "opposite" of Reiner. I think he's just the quiet type most of the time but as you can see here (whether what he said is true or not) he can get talky. We have yet to learn more about him yet.
    Last edited by kannazuki; June 26, 2013 at 05:29 AM.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think it's Reiner's personality that we don't know. Since the goody-goody soldier Reiner is just a fabrication, right?
    Berth and Annie's behaviour fits the situation, since they infiltrated the enemy. It's only natural that they will keep their distance and a low profile, and generaly feel detached from the rest.
    But I do believe that they have a damn good reason for their actions, like it just had to be done. Maybe it was even hinted in this conversation between Annie and Armin.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...05/c021/6.html
    http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...05/c021/5.html

New Reply
Page 34 of 89 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast