Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1322

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaNick's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    @Kannazuki: Yes... yes, that's much better. T^T But come on.. who doesn't secretly want to smell like... soap? You all know you do! Admit it!

On that note actually, the Mikasa's perfume sounds like it would be too sweet and heavy. I thought if anything she would have more of a really subtle kind of scent... Oh god, I am actually discussing Titan perfume. What's next?! Shoe polish?
    Personally I figure the Levi "parfum" should smell like Pine-Sol, which even says it's "The powerful scent of real clean."

Mikasa's should smell like the garden where she was watching the preying mantis eat the moth.

Eren's should just smell like BLOOD! BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!!

And why no Armin perfume? Maybe because the smells of books and getting punched in the nose repeatedly by bullies aren't top sellers?
    Last edited by TitaNick; September 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, strangely enough I feel like Armin's should smell like sweat, same as Bertolt's.

Mikasa, Eren, and Armin are set up against Annie, Reiner, and Bertolt (in that order) after all. Armin and Bert are the mild-mannered, unassuming ones (who even refer to themselves using "boku") in their respective trios. Mikasa and Annie are the toughest fighters (Annie's combat stats both as a human and as a titan exceed R&B's) and the most cool-headed; Eren and Reiner are the guys with (I hate to say it, but) charisma (and as I see it, the leaders of their respective "teams").

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaNick's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Actually, strangely enough I feel like Armin's should smell like sweat, same as Bertolt's.
    Exercise sweat or fear sweat? I'm guessing the latter.

Good analysis. As the main character of the show, Mikasa's reason for living, and Armin's best buddy, Eren is obviously their leader. And considering we've seen Reiner actively issuing orders and making judgment calls (rational or not) he's clearly theirs.

I do suspect that in true yinyang fashion they'll somehow eventually become friends.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Eren as the leader but more like the "link" who ties them together. I don't think Mikasa would be so close to Armin if he wasn't Eren friend, she isn't open like these 2. I see it like that, Eren always wandered with Armin, Mikasa followed him and she became closer to him somewhat.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Utsune, please translate the red portion.

エレンは彼女(アニ)への淡い思慕の念と悲しみを押し殺し、巨人へと姿を変えて拳を交える。
    Last edited by Beatrice; September 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post

Utsune, please translate the red portion.
    I'm not Utsune but....
    I think this was the one that Isayama said a mistake in the guidebook? No? I remember seeing this a couple of months ago. I think this "淡い思慕"(which kinda has a romantic implication?) thing that cause a ruckus amongst the fandom? It kinda says that Eren felt light feelings of affection or something to Annie. Isayama said in his blog that there was no such thing and it's just feelings of respect.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I think it's 100% as Yumpo says, it's the dodgy part according to Isayama.

I actually haven't seen the exact phrase, but I see what's happened now lol. The exact translation of the bit of text you copied:
    Eren, suppressing his sadness and affection towards Annie, transforms in a titan and exchange blows with her.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Oh btw I think this part of the databook is about a list of quotes/vocabularies from the manga, which they pick out and explain. The whole red box plus the bit before it is as follows:

"I think... you suck at lying..." (lit. you're a bad liar)
    Dialogue: Vol.8 Ch.33

Eren, who is fighting Annie-turn-Female Type Titan, has all sorts of images about her flashing in his mind. Annie, who has kept up with her close-combat training since she was young, passes it off as "a boring play thing that was forced upon her by her father..." Eren, suppressing his sadness and affection towards Annie, transforms in a titan and exchange blows with her.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazim...s/8058965.html
    This. Isayama really suggested the whole deal with Annie for the anime!? T^T. I knew it. pfffft.
    But since I can't really understand Japanese correctly...I didn't understood the rest...
    I'm gonna put most of the post here just in case:
    Spoiler show

I'm gonna go cry now. T^T

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooo thanks Yumpo
    I'm actually much happier now about the Annie scene, not that I was sad to begin with. I think I understand better the person she is... In that case I can kinda guess what Isayama has in store for Annie... In terms of the Maruro-Annie conversation... well, Annie is fine in a sense, but I'm still feeling kinda iffy for Maruro...... But there should be more Maruro coming up, so we shall see!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    This. Isayama really suggested the whole deal with Annie for the anime!? T^T. I knew it. pfffft.
    But since I can't really understand Japanese correctly...I didn't understood the rest...
    Spoiler show

OK, now we know the truth. Did he wrote something about Mikasa's expressions too? I want to know... And about that red portion. Isayama said it's just mutual respect but in this case, doesn't it mean Eren is insensible or something like that? I mean, it says his "sadness and affection", Eren has affection for Armin, Mikasa, Reiner and all his teammates, it's not love. For me he considered her at least as her friend but saying he was in this state just because of respect?
    Spoiler show
    I don't buy it.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Spoiler show

Okay is there anyone here on the thread that can translate this?

I am eager to know what it says.

Please?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who finds it interesting could maybe write something about the duality that exist within many characters in SnK.

Reiner --- Warrior mode, Soldier mode (also something related to his possibly changing sexuality as discussed in another thread.)

Annie --- Normal girl mode (teaching Eren how to fight, teaching Eren how to talk to girls,) Warrior with big task at hand

Hanji --- Glasses mode (fun-going, helps elevate mood between characters), non-glasses mode (serious, almost killing Nick in a rage)

Christa --- Caring girl upfront, Selfish motivation behind

Sasha --- Polite language mode (shy, cowardly, weak to people's comments eg. Ymir poking fun of her,) Original dialect mode (Showcase of true strength eg. fighting 3m class, strongly protective of what's important to her eg. the girl she tries to save, her homeland and traditions in the flashback.)

Mikasa --- I-don't-really-care mode (cares mainly about Eren (+close friends) and responsibility,) ??? mode ("Eren was only trying to kill a fly" to which Jean says shut up, "Sasha farted," eating bread in front of Sasha, stuffing bread in Sasha's face, "The Female-Type Titan looks like Annie" to which Eren says wtf you on, "I'll only be a drag" during the second invasion, "I also grew up in the mountains" in reply to Sasha's warning (I honestly have no idea why she says that other than to troll her.))

There are some characters who specifically choose to have one and only one 'self':
    Ymir feels strongly about keeping her character for who she is.
    Eren's unyielding determination keeps him on the one and only path.
    Bert's warrior identity has never been lost such as Reiner does.
    Levi's kindness and discipline.
    Jean's realism.

I say "choose to have," because they're quite aware of their own qualities.

Oh, and Mikasa's sense of humour is totally earth-shattering-ly bad. I honestly have no idea why she says "Eren was only trying to kill a fly......" Actually she's not even trying to defend for Eren lol.

(I'm not gonna say anything about Armin just yet... we shall see )
    Last edited by Utsune; September 16, 2013 at 02:23 AM.

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been on Tumblr lately?
    I was told recently that there has been a tweet going around about the author of Snk making BertholdtxReiner official, if they come out of at the end alive.
    Supposedly, the author made the claim on tweeter himself and I just want to validate the statement.

And does anyone want to see the extras on the back of Snk's manga volume 11? It's the most recent release (although not new) and I don't mind scanning it for the ones who hasn't seen it yet. It's rather funny because it's a two page spread about Jean, Armin, Christa, Mikasa, and Connie's version of titans. There's also a page of Mikasa/Eren in Alternate Universe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE View Post
    I was told recently that there has been a tweet going around about the author of Snk making BertholdtxReiner official, if they come out of at the end alive.
    Supposedly, the author made the claim on tweeter himself and I just want to validate the statement.

And does anyone want to see the extras on the back of Snk's manga volume 11? It's the most recent release (although not new) and I don't mind scanning it for the ones who hasn't seen it yet. It's rather funny because it's a two page spread about Jean, Armin, Christa, Mikasa, and Connie's version of titans. There's also a page of Mikasa/Eren in Alternate Universe.
    Yes.

At least I want to see that one.

If you would be so kind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE View Post
    I'm not sure about this, but I don't think Isayama even updates his twitter account at all(last tweet was 27th of April). Besides that, the Japanese fandom would be all over about this if he ever said such a thing. As far as my sources go, I have yet to see one...

Even one of the popular tumblr users of SnK says there's no proof:
    http://pepperbuster.tumblr.com/post/...-already-heard
    He says that Isayama's last tweet was about Maroon5's "Payphone."
    Quote Quote:
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/attack_ti...a/ca10a262.png
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/attack_ti...9/d9f06511.jpg

Edit: forget the link about Isayama's twitter account. XD. It says its not him. Anyway, my statement still stands, I have yet to see proof(and I still don't see Japanese fandom squeeing around). The original poster doesn't even give one.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Anyway, speaking of extras, leaks of Volume 3's Blu ray visual novel about Levi and Erwin's past has appeared!

Seems promising! If Annie's visual novel bundled in Blu ray vol. 6 is that good, I may forgive how the anime did that scene for ep 23 XD.
    Last edited by Yumpo; September 17, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast