Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 73 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1337

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Pic Updates:
    Spoiler show

ARIA summary text:
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Ooh, I'm looking forward to the full scans of the "Birth of Levi" preview as well as the actual visual novel itself.

I really like the art. Do you know who's working on it?
    For the visual novels it's Namaniku ATK. While Hikaru Suruga will be doing the prologue manga.

---------- Post added September 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was September 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM ----------

Spoiler show

Actually, I'm calling it. Either this guy is the Beast Titan. OR! Annie ate her father, so she could transform back to human again. That's why her father said he's always by her side, 'coz she ate him.

(or it could be none from what I said )

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Shingeki no Kyojin: Birth of Levi ↓
    Spoiler show

Sources:
    http://shingeki-kyojin.com/archives/32542290.html
    http://m-u-m-i.tumblr.com/post/62403324686/snk-spin-off

Levi had childhood friends(Probably the two in the colored cover)...which explains his face when he asked Mikasa about Eren. T^T. Nooo...I'm starting to become a Levi fan...T^T
    Mike looks suspicious....

And:
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

VN Disclosable information.
    Spoiler show

Not sure if screenshot images work.
    Last edited by Beatrice; September 29, 2013 at 04:48 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The story at the crossover in the last episode just confirmed the theory that everything regarding walls and wars is staged for some much more higher purpose. And the main actors in it are Titan Sifters. I guess we will have to wait and see until the end of the series.

By the way, the sentence Jean made when walking with Armin inspired me to made this picture:
    Spoiler show

Didn't found art thread so I decided to leave it here, hope you will liek it
    Also: here's a download link.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought volume 7 of the english version manga today. I know this is kinda late and I'm probably the last one to know, but I just realized the reason why Reiner said he didn't noticed any cannons brought in the Forest of Giants during the Female Titan arc. Dunno if this was mentioned in the anime though, but one of the extras in volume 7 said that these "cannons" actually just look like plain wagons carrying some barrels to an untrained eye. No wonder Reiner missed it. XD

And just a tidbit, according, to most of the subbed anime eyecatches, these were made for a specific titan(possibly implying that it's only for the Female Titan). While the english translated manga pluralized "titans" so to and imply that they've been using this special restraint weapon for awhile now. Of course, I do know Japanese don't have plural forms...that's why I'm a little bit confused.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What page of volume 7?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone translated the first chapter's initial draft that was included in the OUTSIDE Kou guidebook.

Link: http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...sive-chapter-1

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    What page of volume 7?
    Actually, that's kinda hard to figure out. XD. SnK volumes both English and Japanese versions don't have page numbers written on them. But it's after chapter 27, "Erwin Smith" though.
    Last edited by Yumpo; September 30, 2013 at 09:13 AM.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone translated the first chapter's initial draft that was included in the OUTSIDE Kou guidebook.

Armin and Marco used ore instead of boku, wtf?
    There's a secret dialogue in page 169 after Hannes asks Eren about his father's whereabouts? Eren: "How many times do I have to tell you... [secret dialogue]" And then we're presented with that flashback - his father injecting him with something.

My bet: Eren's saying he believes his father is alive.

And have you seen this link in calorescence's blog? About a deleted blog post from the editor:

http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...d-the-scenes-a

A snippet from it:

Quote Quote:
    It turns out that from here on out, a particular character will come to know a particular important truth. Though it isn’t quite accurate to say “know”. It is the kind of truth that, for a person, would greatly affect even their personality. In short, it’s traumatizing.

Let’s put aside what that truth is.

Actually, before serialization started, while the preparations for the launching of Bessatsu Shonen Magazine were going forward, that setting was one where “At the time of chapter 1, that particular character already knows that particular truth”.
    So it was written before chapter 13, hmm... which one of the many traumatizing truths could it be?

EDIT: Could it be that Eren knew the truth about his father, hence the missing dialogue?
    Last edited by mikasaaa; September 30, 2013 at 03:32 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought volume 7 of the english version manga today. I know this is kinda late and I'm probably the last one to know, but I just realized the reason why Reiner said he didn't noticed any cannons brought in the Forest of Giants during the Female Titan arc. Dunno if this was mentioned in the anime though, but one of the extras in volume 7 said that these "cannons" actually just look like plain wagons carrying some barrels to an untrained eye. No wonder Reiner missed it. XD

And just a tidbit, according, to most of the subbed anime eyecatches, these were made for a specific titan(possibly implying that it's only for the Female Titan). While the english translated manga pluralized "titans" so to and imply that they've been using this special restraint weapon for awhile now. Of course, I do know Japanese don't have plural forms...that's why I'm a little bit confused.
    I looked it up, and it seems the scanlators have it right to me (see below). Here's the raw text:
    Quote Quote:
    現在公開可能な情報
    13.対 特定目標拘束兵器

Spoiler show
    Currently Disclosable Information
    13. Weapon for binding specific targets

A new weapon for use when the decision has been made to capture a specific titan, newly developed by the Survey Corps. It takes on the appearance of an ordinary horse-drawn carriage.
    (etc., etc.)
    Last edited by kannazuki; September 30, 2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I had the wrong quote! xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So it means that they're implying most likely that these weapons were specifically made for one Titan(Female Titan)?

I guess that would make sense since if they'd been using this for awhile now, trainees/recruits should actually know what those weapons are(because they should have at least trained with it/study it). XD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No, actually as far as I can tell it just means when they've singled out any *particular* titan they want to catch (you know, from among the "herd" if you want to call it that, lol), but not necessarily that there's something special about the titan. I would love if that was what it said but that's not the impression I'm getting.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    No, actually as far as I can tell it just means when they've singled out any *particular* titan they want to catch (you know, from among the "herd" if you want to call it that, lol), but not necessarily that there's something special about the titan. I would love if that was what it said but that's not the impression I'm getting.
    Hmm...I didn't mean anything special though...Just that, are these weapons made for one specific Titan? Or something like that. The way that Kodansha translated it is that they implied that the Survey Corp has been using it for some Titans that caught their attention for quite some time already. At least from what I understood.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, well I defer to whatever Kodansha put down then. Maybe they know something I don't about what's coming in the plot (or I could easily just be missing something about how "kakutei" is being used). Here they've got 「確定の巨人を拘束することを目的して」 and I read the green part literally as "predetermined titan." It can be read as being about a titan they've settled/decided on after thinking about it, but it's kind of vague (as to how long they took to decide, or more importantly when the decision was made). I took it for granted they'd be more specific about it being a "long sought after" titan, but maybe that vagueness is intentional? It wouldn't be the first time things got tricky or misleading...

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Isayama Hajime appeared in NOTTV (a broadcast for smartphone); from that program, he commented that he wants to conclude Shingeki no Kyojin as soon as possible and he already has his next project in his mind. So, I think this comment has strengthen for Shingeki no Kyojin going to end by volume 20.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that's kinda hard to figure out. XD. SnK volumes both English and Japanese versions don't have page numbers written on them. But it's after chapter 27, "Erwin Smith" though.
    Execuse me but I can't download that, can you explain me please? I could only watch the first page linked in the blog.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a download, though. Did you try viewing the scanlation? Originally, a lot of the content from ch 1 is now what we know from around chapter 4 but there's also stuff that was going to be revealed earlier than it was, stuff that was cruder at the time (in particular, the reason Mikasa protects Eren), and secret dialogue that got blanked out because according to the editors "it's a secret." In that draft, Eren knows something that probably no one else knows and he's just thinking about telling everyone when suddenly the colossal titan shows up (2nd time) and they have their close encounter. If you haven't tried, you should read it-- it's not a download.

New Reply
Page 73 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast