Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grisha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Grisha

After watching episodes 1-5 ( I initially skipped them because my cousin introduced my to sink and he spoiled the first couple episodes for me) I caught something. After grisha leaves erens home and departs, after the attack of the colossal titan, there is a very short scene of geisha saying " Eren, Mikasa, Armin" I pray for your safety.
    I found something strange about that scene.
    1. Grisha is in deep wilderness, but no titans are around
    2. There is no reason for Grisha to be praying for their safety because Carla treats his departures like a day to day thing. With that in mind, that must mean Grisha knew something was coming.
    I am not sure if this is before or after the injection

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grisha

Interesting! Have you checked that this is in the manga as well? Iirc they changed some things around in earlier eps, to do with flashbacks and such (not just training but before that too)...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't checked the manga yet, it seems like a small scene so it may not be there but I'll check anyway

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren's dad... [Potential spoilers, enter at your own risks.]

--Possible SPOILERS... you've been warned.--

Obviously this post is about Eren's dad... who has been missing for quite a few years now... (The last time we've seen him is when the colossal titan breached the gate...)

I've thought about what could've happened to him, and I think I've found the answer...

We've learned through the manga that shifters (Reiner, Berthold and Ymir seems to agree on it at least) need to eat a living person in order to recover their human form... Ymir eated Reiner's/Berthold's friend in order to do so. An interesting part of this fact also is that she doesn't remember it AT ALL (who she ate etc.). Same goes for Reiner and Berthold in my opinion. Now you may wonder... why am I talking about this when my post is about Eren's dad... Well here is my theory : 1st of all, Eren's dad is dead... why? He got eaten... by Eren beleive it or not... In order to recover his human form, I'm guessing Eren had to eat someone... The only person I can think of that could've been eaten by Eren is his dad since he must've injected him with his titan transforming serum thingy, and then he got eaten by Eren who transformed. I've got more thoughts on why my theory is extremely plausible, although this post is already getting long and I rather see comments b4 throwing more facts into play :P...

(1st post on this forum btw so if you find any contradictions to my theory don't be too harsh ;P)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eren's dad... [Potential spoilers, enter at your own risks.]

Welcome

How eating shifters/human effects Titans and Grisha Yeager's whereabouts have
    been talked about before and we go this thread about him allready:
    Grisha
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ghlight=grisha
    Guess the mods have to decide if this thread is necessery.

I only saw him in the Anime so if someone can point out the pages where
    he appears that would be helpful to make sure we talk about the same thing.

"need to eat a living person in order to recover their human form..."

Well he went berserk 2 times after your presumed dinner.
    No one noticed the lightning that goes along with the transformation.
    He is weakened after his transformations even more so after the first
    few ones so guess it would be mentioned if a weakened Eren would
    have been found near something that would appears as
    the remains of an usual titan snack...
    for comparision when no blood was found near Connie's village
    it was considered strange, well you could still go for the Eren swallowed
    him whole and absorbed him completely explanation.

Now give us "more facts" like you promised.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how you guys post pages in this forum although I can still explain my facts without them.

As far as I can remember we haven't seen Grisha a single time after he injects Eren with his serum... If someone can contradict me on that then my theory is false lol.

In the anime there's a scene where we can see Grisha giving Eren the serum (which probably allows eren to transform into a titan) and that'd be the last time we EVER see Grisha ... I can clearly identify this scene on a timeline too because of the key. It's given to Eren during that scene so it's AFTER the colossal titan destroyed the door since during that time Eren didn't possess the key (we clearly saw Grisha leave home b4 the attack with it...). The scene seems to be taking place in a distant place (hidden from other people I presume...) in a forest... (Giant trees maybe, IDK.) That said, I think Grisha "kidnapped" Eren and brang him into that spot to avoid other people seeing Eren transform in a titan... and then well Grisha gets eaten by Eren.

Another interesting fact is that Eren doesn't remember well the scene except for very brief random stuffs like "GO TO THE BASEMENT!!" ... Therefore it's similar to Ymir's situation when she ate Reiner's/Berthold's friend since she doesn't remember it at all...

Chp. 47 pg 6, 7 and 15 we can see that Ymir doesn't remember who she ate. pg 16/17 confirms Reiner / Berthold (and probably Eren, at least Berthold seems to think so) had to eat someone too to transform back into human form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2PyNriPWI at 11:18 that's the scene I'm talking about (Grisha injects Eren) ... I couldn't remember how to find the scene from the normal anime / Manga so I went for this video... (It's filled up with bad words thought, just saying in case it might offends someone lol...)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eren's dad... [Potential spoilers, enter at your own risks.]

Quote Originally Posted by FowS View Post
    --Possible SPOILERS... you've been warned.--

Obviously this post is about Eren's dad... who has been missing for quite a few years now... (The last time we've seen him is when the colossal titan breached the gate...)

I've thought about what could've happened to him, and I think I've found the answer...

We've learned through the manga that shifters (Reiner, Berthold and Ymir seems to agree on it at least) need to eat a living person in order to recover their human form... Ymir eated Reiner's/Berthold's friend in order to do so. An interesting part of this fact also is that she doesn't remember it AT ALL (who she ate etc.). Same goes for Reiner and Berthold in my opinion. Now you may wonder... why am I talking about this when my post is about Eren's dad... Well here is my theory : 1st of all, Eren's dad is dead... why? He got eaten... by Eren beleive it or not... In order to recover his human form, I'm guessing Eren had to eat someone... The only person I can think of that could've been eaten by Eren is his dad since he must've injected him with his titan transforming serum thingy, and then he got eaten by Eren who transformed. I've got more thoughts on why my theory is extremely plausible, although this post is already getting long and I rather see comments b4 throwing more facts into play :P...

(1st post on this forum btw so if you find any contradictions to my theory don't be too harsh ;P)
    I know that you're a first timer, but you have to know that this theory has been around quite some time. Yes it is quite possible that Eren ate his father, although I'd like him to be still alive, living in the basement in Shiganshina and doing research on the Titans/Warriors/Ape Titan. However I, as many others, do not believe that eating a human makes them recover their human form, otherwise

Spoiler show

@Hectorpops nice find.

Quote Quote:
    Interesting! Have you checked that this is in the manga as well? Iirc they changed some things around in earlier eps, to do with flashbacks and such (not just training but before that too)...
    I believe that we can count at least some of the minor changes from manga to the anime as canon. Isayama himself said that also wanted to change the scene where the Female titan's identity was discovered in the manga. He liked the part where Annie laughed better than the part in the manga where she just smiled. Also, haven't people been hypothesizing that there were hints in the endings of the anime, when it was still ongoing? What bugs is that why would Grisha leave Carla behind if he knew what was going to happen?

I believe that he probably figured out the Warriors' intentions, and did not want to act suspicious fearing that they would be aware that something was off. After all if he told his family the situation, they (especially Eren) would want all of Shiganshina to evacuate. After that two scenarios would be possible; 1.people would laugh it off and think that the Jägers had gone mad, or 2. they would believe them, highly unlikely as it is, and the Colossal and Armored Titan would a. retreat to attack another time or b. attack anyway.

If the first scenario were to happen:

Grisha evacuates only his family despite the protests. The Titans attack as usual, but some people from Shinanshina will still escape. They would gossip saying that Grisha knew what was going to happen. Grisha gets captured and questioned along with his family. Grisha will tell them what he knows, and tell them about the serum he is preparing for Eren. Unless Erwin or Pixis pull off a miracle, they will get executed, and as far as we know Grisha does not know them. The Warriors infiltrate successfully, but humanity stands little chance against them.

If the second scenario happens:

a. The Warrior trio retreats, and nothing happens. Grisha gets discredited and arrested, most likely along with his family. My or may not be executed, but in both cases he would not be allowed to continue his researches, as he would be under constant surveillance. The Warriors infiltrate later on and if Grisha dies because of them, then humanity is in trouble as they have no Titan shifter on their side. If he lives he will be questioned and executed, which would lead to the same results as in the first scenario.

b. Warriors infiltrate anyway. There will be less casualties for humanity, and Grisha is questioned, but may be spared since he saved so many lives. The word would spread and it would fall into the Warriors' ears in no time. They'd capture Grisha to get info on the coordinate.
    My name is TheOwl, and I am OF THE NIGHT

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, to make it chronological...
    At the time he leave, Grisha have the key on himself
    http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/1/45
    Next time we see this key after the evacuation already on Eren's chest, wich basicly means he met his father in this period. In flashback we saw how Grisha is cryign, gives Eren the key and also makes a shot of "you will loose your memery from this shot" vaccine. And on the sideline Eren complains about how father changed after what happened to the mother
    http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/21

Now to theories about what happened to him what he did?
    1) I highly assume this "epidemy" he helped to cure have something to do with current titan invasion.
    2) The whole process of eating to regain humanity is not confirmed, so i dont think he was eaten by Eren.
    3) The shot he gave him is probably to hide him, all those shifters was in town long before he first time transformed(2 years ?), so the knew what they was searching for.
    4) He may have visited the other home Rayner was talking about, and that is probably the info in his basement, the names, locations and samples of high rank titan-shifters.

Oh and the last note, i think those titans are created by the "king" with help of Grisha and some more ppls for the sole purpuse of control the crowd (smthn similar)
    the last chapter also indicates Ervin know something ( he surely is ) about transformation. Maybe he knew Eren's father.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows, maybe Shaders right, I think the "King" makes titans, because think about it, the titans, In a way, are bringing in profit and wealth to the king

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not confirmed that a titan has to eat people to become titan shifter, but "Eren ate his dad" is also a good explanation on why his father disappeared.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

@OP to correct you on one of your statements, Grisha never said "Eren, Mikasa, Armin" he said "Eren, Carla, Mikasa...I pray for your safety".

And there IS reason for him to pray for their safety b/c the scene before that one, the news of Maria falling already spread. Gov. was even already taking action at that point.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FowS View Post
    The scene seems to be taking place in a distant place (hidden from other people I presume...) in a forest... (Giant trees maybe, IDK.) That said, I think Grisha "kidnapped" Eren and brang him into that spot to avoid other people seeing Eren transform in a titan... and then well Grisha gets eaten by Eren.
    Ok and then? If he is far away, just transformed into a titan, ate his dad,
    and has amnesia how does he get back to Mikasa / to civilization?
    That's the big plot-hole here that contradicts that kind of theory imo.
    Last edited by 220kz; December 05, 2013 at 06:22 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I though about that too... there's some mysteries I can't really find an answer for either XD... but hey, it's just a theory... I can't really prove it's right until the book does XD... TBH I rather see grisha still alive rather then dead lol, because the character is so mysterious and all...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a couple of questions for you folks:

Has anyone wondered how come Keith Shadis (trainees instructor), knows Grisha?

I mean, Keith was known as a previous Scouting Legion commander, What kind of relationship could he have with the doctor from wall Maria?

and another one:

Where the hell did Grisha get the serum he injected into Eren?

When he was leaving to meet someone in either wall Rose or wall Sina (who, by the way?), he said that he would be back in a couple of days (And he went by ship, which is more likely faster than walking or riding a horse).
    It is pretty safe to assume that he wasn't walking around the city with the serum turning people into Titan Commanders in his bag.
    His house was destroyed by a rock and is currently impossible to access without titan's powers.
    So, did he get it when he met that person he went to before the attack? Did he have it stashed somewhere? Did he steal it from someone (like a wall cultist higher-ups) and fled the city saving his life?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome post russia, very interesting stuff indeed lol. Perhaps Keith is way more important than a simple trainees instructor...

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast