Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: [theory] who is grisha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

[theory] who is grisha

I will try to make this brief and simple since my english vocabulary isnt that wide and dont want to start messing with complex sentences and stuff. Well, I dont know if something has already post this, but I really wonder after reading chapter 62, why did grisha stole the coordinate from the Reiss and let Eren eat him in order for him to get the coordinate? what was he thinking he could get out of it? First, we know Grisha knew about the coordinate, about the shifters (he was one himself) and about the Reiss family. But how did he adquire all that information? I mean, even just now the Survey Corps got their hands in that information, after a lot of struggling. My guess is that he was part of some organization that already knew. The royalty? nah, why would he betray the reiss family if he was once such a high member of the royalty (or was involved with them). I mean, my guess is that he was trying to protect Eren (more about that later), so why would he risk getting such powerful enemies (and for Eren) if he could just stay by their side?. To me, it just doesnt feel right. I think its more probably that he was working with the warrior's village. I mean, he was a shifter himself. How did he adquire that power? Was he a doctor that learned to make the serum, inyected himself, and just happent to eat a shifter? Maybe, but it seems more pausible to me that he just got those powers using wichever means members of the village use in order to become shifters. That would also explain other things that im about to write.
    My guess is that he was a shifter sent by RBA's village in order to either get information about the coordinate or retrieve it (they may have just simply guessed about the coordinate being inside the walls, but probably they didnt know who was it, so they sent "spies" to the walls) but halfway through, got fond to the life he was living as a resident inside the walls.And he had to get relaly fond to it in order to stop being a warrior, after all, he was prepared and sent there appropriately prepared. I think its clear that he wanted to protect Eren, i mean, he got what is currently known as the most powerful ability in snk world, the coordinate, but he just passed it to Eren. But if he jut wanted to protect Eren, why didnt he do that himself? I think the answer is in the state he was in after knowing humanity inside the walls was going to get exterminated. I mean, he abandoned RBA's village side in order to live a peaceful life with his beloved family, but because he abandoned his mission of retrieving the coordinate to RBAs village, humanity and his new reality were getting torn apart (lets remember that RBA lost interest on destroying humanity as soon as they thought they could get the coordinate (through Eren)). And he just couldnt stop thinking that he was to blame for humanity's(inside the walls) demise, the burden was huge, and he just couldnt get rid of it. So he contempled suicide, but just couldnt let his son to die after the mess he caused , so he planned to give him teh coordinate, just to ensure that he stands a chance in all that chaos (lets notice that if Eren didnt get the shifter powers, he would have died at the beginning of the series), especially because he knew Eren wanted to join the survey corps (and they tend to die a lot). By giving him the coordinate, he gave Eren the chance to survive in that world and was also able to find rest in death. After all, he was a tormented soul. Whats interesting about this? Probably what is inside his basement are old records about the outside world, old journals, documentation about the village, about the titans, and so on. Lets remember that he was going to show eren what was inside the basement after he came back home, but he never got the chance. And he made that decision because Eren was determined to join the survey corps. By explaining him the true nature of this world, he could talk some sense into him and let him realize that the survey corps missions are just meaningless. Well, thats all guys, please comment and let me know what u think. Sorry about my english.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [theory] who is grisha

Actually I can think of a reason why he would decide to turn on the Riess family. The Armored and Colossal titans show up, Carla gets eaten, and the Reiss family do nothing despite having the Coordinate, and Grisha realizes that they don't care about anything except maintaining their own power inside the walls or that they are incompitent.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [theory] who is grisha

I mentioned it before in my own theory page but there is a reason why Grisha lives on the outer edge of the city and has so much knowledge of Titans. He was not part of the inner circle from within the city other wise he would live in the inner district. I think he was a spy from the titan shifter village sent to gather intel. His cover as a doctor gave him access to the inner districts. He became famous after curing some disease that was spreading but I wondered whether or not that was a planned incident. After falling in love with a woman and having a family he probably changed and instead wanted to genuinely help the people.

The goal of the titan shifters is more self serving as their main purpose is to gain the coordinate for themselves as they have given up on the greater humanity. I imagine Grisha wanted to ensure the other titan shifters didn't get their hands on it and humanity had a real fighting chance. He knew his son wanted to join the Recon corps who were the most trust worthy group given their agenda to free humanity from the titans.

New Reply