Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

I wish I could get the volumes here

Anyway, I am sure you will enjoy it. The plot gets better and better. Shingeki's art isn't the best to be honest but it is consistent and fits perfectly well with the entire setting of the world the story is taking place in. I have no complaints of how Isayama draws the characters, or portray the battle, etc. Some of the panels are done marvellously.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 36 Discussion / 37 Predictions

I just read a news that a Live action for this manga will be released in Fall 2013. Why don't they make an anime for this, I think it's better than a live action

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect!! I think i can ask here about the novels right?

Do you have the raws? or at least know about it? beacuse i only found the covers and nothing more

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    Perfect!! I think i can ask here about the novels right?

Do you have the raws? or at least know about it? beacuse i only found the covers and nothing more
    RAWs? Sorry, can't help you there unfortunately. What are you after them for? To translate into your own language or something?
    -

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    RAWs? Sorry, can't help you there unfortunately. What are you after them for? To translate into your own language or something?
    No i wish i can do something like that but i dont know japanese,i just want to see the art style, and know more about the history

the novels are canon right?

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I don't know about this Novel thing. Can I get the source? even though it's canon, I think it's gonna be the events before chapter one or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ponsai View Post
    I just read a news that a Live action for this manga will be released in Fall 2013. Why don't they make an anime for this, I think it's better than a live action
    Kodansha usually prefer live action to anime, since their audience are more mature compared to the other shounen magazines. Though I don't reject the possibility of an anime adaptation after the manga gives enough material.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki is Kodansha best selling title. They will make anime for sure. And I can`t find the novel anywhere... I don`t think that they are scanned.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Hey, I don't know about this Novel thing. Can I get the source? even though it's canon, I think it's gonna be the events before chapter one or something.
    That's the problem i just found the covers and a few images of them,

Spoiler show

Also shingeki has a comedy spin-off?

Spoiler show

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Purely Sadistic's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    That's the problem i just found the covers and a few images of them,

Spoiler show

[/SPOILER]
    I guess if you want to know a little more about what's in the novels, you could always check out the short summaries:
    http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/product/top.php/1234641835
    http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/product/top.php/1234642816
    http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/product/top.php/1234643324

~

P.S. I'm going to incorporate info from blogs and such in the following summaries also:

①The first novel (Shingeki no Kyojin, Before the Fall) is about a guy called Anheru (アンヘル) who works at a workshop creating protective gear/weapons for the scouting legion (the story was set before the 3D maneuver gear was invented). Anheru is a first class weapons craftsman, and therefore has direct access and also is involved in the ongoings within the scouting legion. In the story, people still didn't know about the weak points of the titans; the story is about Anheru beginning to work on the ultimate weapon/gear to fight the titans. So essentially we learn about how the 3D maneuver gear came about.

The reviews of this book so far I've read have been mixed. One blogger thought the book was a little disappointing because you don't get as much depth about what was described in the book blurb (though another blogger said the novel actually expands more, especially about the weapons, than is revealed so far in the manga), and also because the plot was more on the conventional side (there are more people pointing out this weak plot as well). Apparently the light novel isn't as..."strong" as the manga, but it would serve as a good complimentary read.

Another blogger talked about the main character, and how it was easy to empathise with Anheru (adding to the pros of the book). Additionally, the tense atmosphere in the manga was well established in the novel (for instance, like with Eren, Anheru's close friends get killed suddenly), according to the same blogger.

So, Mixed reviews overall.

~

②The second novel is rather disconnected with the first (Shingeki no Kyojin, Before the Fall 2). Titans eat and then vomit once their human consummation capacity is breached. This novel is about a particular baby that (miraculously is alive O_O) is found crying in a mass of Titan vomit/ crying amidst the dead titan flames. The child is called "child of titan" (巨人の子) and is essentially hated by the people inside the walls. He also seems to grow unnaturally fast. In any case, this child Kyukuro (キュクロ) parts himself from his past/upbringing and gambles on the fate of humanity by enlisting in the scouting legion. So I suppose this novel would be about Kyukuro and his adventures in the scouting legion, lol.

I've read in a blog that the second book is more interesting than the first (in terms of pacing). Also, apparently one of the downsides to the novels is that it's hard to visualise the fight scenes with the titans unlike with the manga.
    ~

③The third novel, (Shingeki no Kyojin, Before the Fall 3) is also about Kyukuro. Kyukuro gets his hands on the 3D manuever gear in order to defeat the titans. Although the gear is still imperfect and causes a troublesome incident for Kyukuro, he fights the titans. Whether it is because it is his fate to fight them, or it is because of his past, he fights against them.

~
    EDIT: I'm currently reading through some blogs about the novels, (e.g. this: http://ameblo.jp/misogi0407/entry-11216188802.html ) so if I find more interesting stuff to note, I'll update this post.
    Last edited by Purely Sadistic; August 31, 2012 at 09:26 PM.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!! Thanks a lot!!!!! that's what i wanted to know, a small info but pretty well explained

now im more interested in the novels, all three ( the second about that "child of titans")

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

that`s the only thing i can say....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 41 Discussion / 42 Predictions

One thing that's truly bothering me is when Eren and Annie were fighting in the forest and Annie defeated him and put Eren in her mouth instead of killing him. Mikasa had then realized she was trying to kidnap him, not kill him actually. My only question is, where would she be taking him? And if that was really her objective , who gave it to her?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

/teleports post

Quote Originally Posted by Ghan View Post
    One thing that's truly bothering me is when Eren and Annie were fighting in the forest and Annie defeated him and put Eren in her mouth instead of killing him. Mikasa had then realized she was trying to kidnap him, not kill him actually. My only question is, where would she be taking him? And if that was really her objective , who gave it to her?
    Where to is anybody's guess. Probably somewhere outside the walls would be my guess. Difficult for them to rescue, you know. From whom would be the faction whose aims are to tear down the walls.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghan View Post
    At this time, we know nothing of Annie's goals and almost nothing of her motivation (for that, look at the speech she gave before the Eren rescue, and the flashback to her father), so it is impossible to say what her objective was.

If Annie is really a member of some human-titan organization, she hasn't really done much to bring down humanity (of course, if said organization wanted that, they could have just broken all of the walls in the days after they broke the first wall).

All Annie has done is:
    -Kill the two titans that were being studied
    -Try to kidnap Eren for whatever reason

I have an easier time ascribing the motivation of self-preservation to those actions (maybe one or both leads to some discovery which leads people to find out that she is a human-titan) than as being part of a human-titan organization.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are the character popularity polls of SNK from the Guide Book INSIDE.
    Spoiler show

Titan popularity poll:MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ANIME ONLY VIEWERS!
    Spoiler show

Scans
    Spoiler show

Thanks to Lusama from BKT.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

18. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast