Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Level E

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Level E

Level E

Number of episodes: 12
    Opening Theme: "Cold Finger Girl" (コールドフィンガーガール) by Chiaki Kuriyama
    Ending Theme: "Yume~Mugen no Kanata~" (「夢」~ムゲンノカナタ~) by ViViD

Animation Production: David Production
    Pierrot
    Genre: Science fiction, Adventure, Comedy

Japanese cast:
    Daisuke Namikawa as Prince
    Masaya Takatsuka as Sado
    Satomi Akesaka as Miho Edogawa
    Takehito Koyasu as Craft
    Takumi Asahina as Corinne
    Yoshimasa Hosoya as Yukitaka Tsutsui
    Fumihiko Tachiki as Narrator

Japanese staff
    Director: Toshiyuki Kato
    Series Composition: Jukki Hanada
    Music: Kunihiko Ryo
    Original creator: Yoshihiro Togashi
    Character Design: Itsuko Takeda
    Art Director: Toshihiro Kohama
    Chief Animation Director: Itsuko Takeda
    3D Director: Yasufumi Soejima
    Sound Director: Hajime Takakuwa
    Director of Photography: Harutsugu Ishiguro
    Producer: Hatsuo Nara (TV Tokyo), Ken Hagino, Koji Kajita
    3D Modeling: Masato Hira, Takehito Kobayashi
    Animation producer: Tsuyoshi Wakamatsu
    Art Setting: Kaoru Aoki
    Color design: Kimiko Kitazawa
    Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose
    Prop Design: Rei Nakahara
    Recording Assistant: Tamayo Kawaguchi
    Recording engineer: Takayuki Yamaguchi
    Sound Effects: Masami Kitakata (Fizz Sound)
    Sound Production Manager: Yayoi Tateishi
    Theme Song Performance: Chiaki Kuriyama (OP1), ViViD (ED1)
    Visual Concept: Yasufumi Soejima

Story:
    Earth has been populated by thousands of aliens from all over the galaxy. While all the other aliens are aware of their presence, it is a secret only from the Earthlings. Baka, the prince of the planet Dogra, crash lands on Earth and loses his memory. He forcibly moves in with Tsutsui Yukitata, a first year high school student who had just moved out on his own. The normal life he once knew is quickly pulled away as he becomes the target of the prince's torment.

Episode 1 english sub was up since yesterday. Animation and music for OP & ED is just ok. The story is quite ordinary except for the fact that the prince which is an alien gives a bit of spice to the story. Base in personality, Prince reminds me of Fai of Tsubasa Chronicles while Tsutsui reminds me of Kurogane of Tsubasa Chronicles too, only a bit younger.

I hope the story would be good until the end just like how it started well on the first episode.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Level E

Quote Originally Posted by <.Haruka.> View Post
    Episode 1 english sub was up since yesterday. Animation and music for OP & ED is just ok. The story is quite ordinary except for the fact that the prince which is an alien gives a bit of spice to the story. Base in personality, Prince reminds me of Fai of Tsubasa Chronicles while Tsutsui reminds me of Kurogane of Tsubasa Chronicles too, only a bit younger. .
    Even their voices are the same...considering the seiyuu (since I don't know which tone Namikawa uses in this anime. I only know how he sounds like in TRC, out of...3-4(?) different tones of voices I've seen him used so far...so...>_>")

Looks interesting. I didn't watch this anime yet, but...guess I'll check it out...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

As a fan of Yoshihiro Togashi (Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter) this was a must-see, and the other of the two new series of the season which interested me. Other being Beelzebub.

This was very good. Or atleast the pilot. A lot of potential. Comedy parts were hilarios and the alien mystery feels very intriguing. The overall quality was very good and felt very classy. However the tone of this series seems to be the like that will never attain attention of big masses. So I have a feeling this will be a high quality show, with considerably small audience.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    This was very good. Or atleast the pilot. A lot of potential. Comedy parts were hilarios and the alien mystery feels very intriguing. The overall quality was very good and felt very classy. However the tone of this series seems to be the like that will never attain attention of big masses. So I have a feeling this will be a high quality show, with considerably small audience.
    I completely agree. The show left me with a positive surprise, I didn't thought that I would laugh that much. Especially the puppet scene was hilarious

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rowel's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

This was certainly a great start.
    A lot of the moments me laughing hard, Clive is just too awesome.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2 wasn't a letdown either. It was again bloody hilarious and the alien suspense yet again kept in on the edge of my seat. I laughed so hard that my I woke up my dad.

Usually I wouldn't care less about bishies in anime, but this Baka is just priceless. He and the TV in the near beginning...

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Agree. Second episode was more hilarious than the previous one. Adding up those different kinds/types of alien living on Earth disguising as human reminds me of Men in Black. I thought at first that the 'prince' true form was that slug-like creature but instead it was his pet. Total random and crazy prince, i wonder how Tsutsui will keep up on his schemes.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the first episode...and...can't deny that Prince does sound like Fay...just a bit (a lot?) weirder...>_>"

Like it, so guess I'll follow this series as well...but didn't have the time to watch episode 2 yet...My anime lineup becomes really big this season...>_<"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the first two episodes and I love this anime. It is hilarious. The story seems really promising too.

When the Prince was doing that puppet show making fun of Yukitaka, I was LMFAO. It was also hilarious when he punched that dude and seemingly killed him.....or did he?!?!?!....It seems that guy was an aggressive Diskonian. I don't think this is really a "fighting/battle" anime, but I don't see how the Prince will get out of this one without fighting all those Diskonians. I can't wait for the next episode.

I didn't think I was going to like this anime and I am so glad I watched it. The bishi promotional art is very misleading in my opinion.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    It was also hilarious when he punched that dude and seemingly killed him.....or did he?!?!?!....It seems that guy was an aggressive Diskonian. I don't think this is really a "fighting/battle" anime, but I don't see how the Prince will get out of this one without fighting all those Diskonians. I can't wait for the next episode.
    The answer lies on episode 3 which is up now btw.
    This episode reveals a plot twist that is really surprising and hilarious.

Anyway, the prince was the source/mastermind of the trouble from the very start.
    I think the captain just exhausted out all of his patience after he found out the baka prince's scheme.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I am kind of torn. I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, I am glad this didn't turn into some kind of battle anime, but on the other, I feel just as pranked as the characters in the show.

This episode has me wanting to read the manga to see what happens next. Here's hoping to at least 9 more episodes full of Prince Baka's hilarious antics.

Ummm.....wow. Even thought the episode was good and interesting, I was really bummed out Prince Baka wasn't in it and the anime seemed to be going in a different direction. Then.....
    Spoiler show

I liked episode 5. It was pretty funny. I just wish there was some sort of traditional plot going on. Instead, we have the episodic antics of Prince Baka. I liked the first two episodes where it felt like there was going to be some kind of story. I guess I am just not used to anime that are just for gags.
    Last edited by MattC302; February 08, 2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply