Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Need help with a few lines...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mai-Lynn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Need help with a few lines...

These lines come from the manga adaptation of Rolan the Forgotten King. Like Jun Mochizuki's work Pandora Hearts, this manga has quite a few European derived terms and some of it is throwing me and the rest of my group's translators off. I'm posting this for my translator and the computer im using doesn't support Japanese text so I have to post this in romanji form. Sorry about this >_<'

What in bold is what we are having difficulty with.

Here is a link to an online viewer of the scans. Rolan Online Viewer

kamigami ga sekai wo osameta oukon jidai ikou from page 6. Not sure about this one

Also, Norandia and Arekusen on page 6. These are map locations. Would these be changed to Nolandia and Alexson?

shugyoutoshi rengou - Rengou from the Capital Shugyou is what we are getting. This is on page 7. Would Rengou be a town or a family? It sounds a bit off.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member mote's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with a few lines...

Quote Originally Posted by Mai-Lynn View Post
    What in bold is what we are having difficulty with.

kamigami ga sekai wo osameta oukon jidai ikou from page 6. Not sure about this one
    黄金時代 (ougon jidai) = golden age
    以降 (ikou) = after

After the the golden age, when the gods reigned over the world... (...The history of Avalon is divided into three eras.)

Quote Quote:
    Also, Norandia and Arekusen on page 6. These are map locations. Would these be changed to Nolandia and Alexson?
    It's your call here. To me, it looks like "Norlandia," considering the enlongated vowel (ノーラ...). And I feel like the katakana for "Alexson" should be "arekuSOn" rather than "arekuSEn." So maybe "Alexen," or "Alechsen," or something like that.

Quote Quote:
    shugyoutoshi rengou - Rengou from the Capital Shugyou is what we are getting. This is on page 7. Would Rengou be a town or a family? It sounds a bit off.
    連合 (rengou) is a union or alliance. 商業都市 (shougyou-toshi) is like a city based mostly on commerce I guess (that's what the dictionary says ). So "shougyou-toshi rengou" would be like "The Union of Trade Cities." Or since it's like a war thing, "Alliance of Trade Cities" might be more accurate.
    Last edited by mote; January 12, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

New Reply