Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic by OHTAKA Shinobu

Is someone also reading "Magi", just like me ?

Anyway, I just read the last 5 Chapters ( of Scanlation ) of Magi and I must said it is great. Have Action, Comedy and a fresh story-szenario.
    I hope, that the Scan-Group, who is doing this, catch up the stand of japan.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also reading Magi. Finished all the 44 scanlated chapters, and so far it's pretty good. Nothing amazing yet though, as it's pretty generic, and the quality of the chapters/arcs variate a lot. I would love to see the plot centre around the dungeons - That would be awesome!
    [IMG]http://bit.ly/wvfDFh[/IMG]
    [url="http://bit.ly/qint1K"][IMG]http://bit.ly/zcJSPa[/IMG][/url][url="http://twitter.com/#!/ZayCon92"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Twitter.jpg[/IMG][/url][url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Anime.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZayCon View Post
    I would love to see the plot centre around the dungeons - That would be awesome!
    Wasn´t a Dungeon Arc with Alladdin and Alibaba done many Chapters ago ? Or was it something else ? I don´t remember it clearly, unfortunately. ( If the Scan Group could catch the Japan-Status and do it normal weekly, like other Shounen-Scan-Group does, than it would be perfect for us to read it normally^^ )

Anyway, a great Dungeon Arc would be just awesome and plz with more Action^^

---------- Post added January 01, 2012 at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was December 31, 2011 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    Magi of Shinobu Ohtaka have a "Big Project" (Perhaps Anime) ongoing. He will be relieved early this year.
    Source: https://twitter.com/#!/manganewsjapo...80598575521795
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Started on this yesterday and caught up today. I must say this is a pretty awesome series. At first I figured it would be your normal fantasy world romp, but there seems to be a pretty good storyline going with the Magi being selectors of kings. Aladdin is also a pretty fun main character and seems to be one of the more likeable kid heroes. Alibaba is pretty intersting as well and it should be cool seeing him grow into a king.

I do wonder how long it'll take for Aladdin to learn regular magic and the Dijin armor thing...I also wonder if the other Magi were raised like he was.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 53 are up

Damn.......it getting more and more interessting. The next arc will be ( perhaps ) the best of this manga O_O

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i just finished reading from chapters 1-53 and i say this manga got my attention i will definitely add this to my favorite list

i think aladdin is a Djinn too or he's the son of Solomon himself or Ugo is Solomon himself or Solomon made Ugo to guide aladdin

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 52 is out

So Alibaba will be the new king, but he doesn´t really want to do that. So what will he do ? King or not ?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

AMON SWORD FTW!!!

so Amon Sword is just a big sword but i hope Alibaba can use the armors too :P

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    AMON SWORD FTW!!!

so Amon Sword is just a big sword but i hope Alibaba can use the armors too :P

Oh yes, that Chapter and Alibaba was awesome !!!

I hope more action in the next chapters^^

---------- Post added January 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was January 25, 2012 at 08:08 PM ----------

Magi Anime announced

Quote Quote:
    『マギ』のアニメ化決定! Or in English: A “Magi” anime has been decided!
    Also famous 2ch confirmed it.

So now the question is: OVA or TV-Series ?

Anyway, Chapter 60 is out

Well..............this chapter wasn´t really epic, but quite good. I hoped, that we could see the continuation of Morgiana-Fight from last chapter in the next one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    So now the question is: OVA or TV-Series ?
    Why would it be an OVA? The japanese releases are in the 120's so there's plenty of material to adapt, and considering that quite frankly Shonen Sunday NEEDS an anime on the air to promote them I;m pretty sure that;s what it is. I;m just wondering which studio is doing it. I would assume Synergy SP since they usually do Shonen Sunday stuff but who knows?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Divinenega View Post
    Why would it be an OVA? The japanese releases are in the 120's so there's plenty of material to adapt, and considering that quite frankly Shonen Sunday NEEDS an anime on the air to promote them I;m pretty sure that;s what it is. I;m just wondering which studio is doing it. I would assume Synergy SP since they usually do Shonen Sunday stuff but who knows?
    i actually think sunrise will be doing it since aside from horizon 2 they dont have much to do at this point aside from gintama' and gundam age. and if not sunrise then i hope production IG or A-1 pictures since those two are great studios.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I also think, that "Magi" Anime will be a TV-Series, because the japan releases are in the 120´s and Shounen Sunday needs a new TV-Anime.
    BUT an OVA is more plausible, because only one Manga has a Ongoing-TV-Series and the others has either a one-Season-Anime or many little OVA-Adaptions.

I wish, that "Madhouse" is doing this Anime-Adaption like the way they did to "Hunter X Hunter". Super B Animation and plenty of great colour-scheme.

Anyway, the current Chapter 62 is more infomativ than action. I hope, that we could see some Alibaba-Action more

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that after animating 2 Sunday manga Manglobe will take it's shot at an ongoing although it doesn't sound likely at all it's just like it would sound very unplausible in the beginning that FT would be an ongoing be A-1 studio and if not Manglobe so maybe Sunrise which hasn't done a Sunday anime since Inuyasha and Kekkaishi and is now finishing some series in the very near future.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@template and thats exactly why sunday needs a new anime since magi can pretty much save the magazine if it is done by a good studio and succeeds.
    @susano eeeeh TWOGK flopped in japan so i doubt manglobe will take a chance at another sunday manga besides magi is more A-1 pictures forte and A-1 could do two long running series at once but it depends. anyway chapter 63 was pretty good. its nice to see the princess at least has a heart and nice to see some info on the seven seas alliance. it also looks like next chapter were gonna get a fight but that depends.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading this a few weeks ago & finaly caught up the other day. This manga is pretty awesome. Good world build, cool fights, interesting characters, with good pacing & plot development. You can easily get drawn into the story & feel for the characters situations. I particularly liked Morgiana's mini arc & can't wait to see how the Balbadd arc turns out.

New Reply
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast