Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

Hello! Sorry for intrusion or posting such off topic stuffs... But people of this section must be aware of what is happening with the world.
    I've just posting this once.. sorry about this Please don't think of this as a spam post.

Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    The Philippine Nation greatly need your help. As you all know, this country was devastated by one of the strongest typhoon in history, the Typhoon Haiyan (local name Yolanda). And the death toll reached an estimated count of more or less than 10,000. It'll be a week since the typhoon last ripped the Visayan islands of the country, the towns and cities became chaotic, and people suffer from lack of food and water and places to sleep or stay. The donations of the government and other NGOs are only stationed at one place, the Tacloban City in the province of Leyte. The range of devastation spreads not only in that place, there are still other places where the help and rations can't be reached. So please, help me spread the word and collect donations (monetary, food, water, clothes) for the people of my country.

My friends and their class from an Engineering school had started a fundraiser thru sending Texts to the Philippine National Red Cross. You can check their page onto how to donate. The page was in Filipino so... I'm so sorry about that.
    One Hope One Nation
    And here's the link on how to donate thru text and other ways to donate: Phil. Red Cross Other Ways to Donate

For more information, please visit this site:The Philippine Red Cross

And for the Tumblr movement: http://staff.tumblr.com/post/6673041...he-philippines

Please help me spread the word. Every penny, every donations counts.
    You can also post this onto other sections. Thank you

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

on chapter 157 now, i hope to be at 208 by this weekend

i really like titus as a character, all of aladdins school days are hilarious

i am becoming more and more of a hakuryuu fan

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

im looking for a gif of the big halhar infigar that aladdin did in the intro to season two

can anyone help me find it?

---------- Post added December 30, 2013 at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was December 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM ----------

Chapter 164 now

this manga is awesome, i love how titus and aladdin stood up to the chancelor about the 5th level authorization citizens

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

176 now, lol it got so good that i pretty much put life on hold and read this manga for about 5 hours straight!!!

Aladdin is a beast!!!

i finally got to see ren kouha and kouen in action!!!

i stopped at 186 tonight, this is some compelling stuff, im sad to see
    Spoiler show
    but that is one hell of a noble way to go
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; December 31, 2013 at 12:25 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read over it a few times, but I don't think I'm understanding what Yunan is trying to say about Sinbad at the end of 205. What exactly is his problem with Sinbad being too close to the ideal king vessel? It seems like he's implying that there may or should be a battle royal of sorts to determine the king, yet Sinbad has achieved too much on his own without fighting the others and his status as a "first class singularity" is too overwhelming. I guess he doesn't know what Sinbad's existence means, and is therefore fearful of it? Is it that it seems as if the world is being handed to Sinbad on a silver platter since everything just always seem to go well for him, and that when a person has an aura of inevitability that's a huge turnoff?
    Last edited by obamamania; January 04, 2014 at 09:50 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    I've read over it a few times, but I don't think I'm understanding what Yunan is trying to say about Sinbad at the end of 205. What exactly is his problem with Sinbad being too close to the ideal king vessel?
    based in my own understanding of what he said, maybe Yunan is stating that Sinbad is being too close to what was King Solomon was before(?) I remembered in Aladdin's dream, it's been said that King Solomon was a Great vessel for unifying the world
    Spoiler show
    It could meant that Yunan is pertaining to that kind of thing.

Or... since he's a magi, and like the other magi, it was Yunan's job to chose whose going to be a king, but he didn't chose Sinbad even though Sinbad has the potential, quantity of magoi and the charisma, but in the end he became one of the strongest and fearless kings of the current era. Yunan had also implied that because of the metal vessels, kings were born and thus these kings determine the "structure of the world". I think he meant in that these weren't good since these kings create their own fate, in which they somewhat defy the Great Flow.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes more sense now, but I still have trouble thinking that metal vessels have a negative effect on the great flow since the djinns and dungeons were all created by Solomon and the magi are created through the sacred palace. All of these things should be one with the great flow. It's true that metal vessels have changed the landscape of battle over the past 15 years or so since Sinbad conquered the first one, but Magi were given the ability to summon dungeons (and the magi who summoned the most is favored by Ugo) so this seems more like a means to an end rather than a defiance of the great flow. Sinbad is half fallen though, so it's possible that Yunan fears his ability to defy the flow in his own way, but Yunan didn't really hint at Sinbad's flaws but instead his strengths. Therefore maybe you're right in saying that Sinbad achieved too much without being chosen by a Magi due to his partial cursing of his own fate. It's still hard to say whether this will be a bad thing or not.

One more completely random question too...I get that we use the name Judar now, but it's apparently a thing of debate in other places. So which is it, Judal or Judar...
    Last edited by obamamania; January 06, 2014 at 12:12 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes more sense now, but I still have trouble thinking that metal vessels have a negative effect on the great flow since the djinns and dungeons were all created by Solomon and the magi are created through the sacred palace. All of these things should be one with the great flow. It's true that metal vessels have changed the landscape of battle over the past 15 years or so since Sinbad conquered the first one, but Magi were given the ability to summon dungeons (and the magi who summoned the most is favored by Ugo) so this seems more like a means to an end rather than a defiance of the great flow.
    It seems like he's pertaining to the growing number of metal vessel users and their households, that if there were more kingdoms and empire established through them, these nations might grown in greed of more power, thus more wars and more people to die. And hence the metal vessel users of each nation would engage in a fierce battle, making the world more torn apart. Or so what I've understand...

One more completely random question too...I get that we use the name Judar now, but it's apparently a thing of debate in other places. So which is it, Judal or Judar...
    I think the Judar one has been the official translation of Judar/Judal's name in scanlations, and it was based on some research regarding Arabian language. But Ohtaka didn't actually cleared up the name thingy, so there's no official or correct name pronounciation of Judal/Judar.
    I prefer the Judal one because I have trouble with the "r" lol

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering, is Sinbad Ohtaka's favorite character? He got his own spin-off but manages to overshadow the 2 main protags even in the main series . I noticed there is a lot of omakes focused on the eight generals too.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I was wondering, is Sinbad Ohtaka's favorite character? He got his own spin-off but manages to overshadow the 2 main protags even in the main series . I noticed there is a lot of omakes focused on the eight generals too.
    I think it was already said in an interview that the Eight Generals are among her favorite characters, and Sinbad must be included to that. But I think Morgiana is her favorite too because she's the focus of the current volume's omake and bonus comic. Also, she was featured alot in the omakes and she got a mini-spin off too: her fight with Elizabeth and the one when she kidnapped Alibaba before XD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    It seems like he's pertaining to the growing number of metal vessel users and their households, that if there were more kingdoms and empire established through them, these nations might grown in greed of more power, thus more wars and more people to die. And hence the metal vessel users of each nation would engage in a fierce battle, making the world more torn apart. Or so what I've understand...

I think the Judar one has been the official translation of Judar/Judal's name in scanlations, and it was based on some research regarding Arabian language. But Ohtaka didn't actually cleared up the name thingy, so there's no official or correct name pronounciation of Judal/Judar.
    I prefer the Judal one because I have trouble with the "r" lol
    Actually, there is an official version of the name. It appears written as "Judar"with an "r" in alphabet in the first Magi guide (I'm talking about the Alf Layla wah Layla one from more than one year ago, not the new character guide). The guide is considered official material, published by the same publishing company as the Magi manga, so that's why they changed it in the scans (same thing happened with "Yamuraiha" being changed to "Yamraiha", because that's how it appears in that same guide).

Plus the character name in the 1001 Nights is also Judar with an "r". That being said, I preferred the "Judal" version, too. The funny thing is I can't get used to the final "r" when I'm talking, so I end up saying "Judal" all the time even if I write his name now as "Judar".

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

there will be a Magi game

named: MAGI: A Whole New World (did you notice the pun in there )for 3DS

man i wish i can understand Japanese

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    there will be a Magi game

named: MAGI: A Whole New World (did you notice the pun in there )for 3DS

man i wish i can understand Japanese
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! that pun tho!!! Yes. They said it will feature another Dungeon diving. But I wonder who will be the Djinn's master.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am very happy that i found this manga, i never really gave it a chance and now its my second favorite right behind one piece currently

flat out amazing, and posting with you guys makes it that much more enjoyable

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

You may not notice it but I somehow forgot to add some polls on some of the Chapter Discussion threads....

Oh no... I'm really sorry for neglecting my job! (

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    You may not notice it but I somehow forgot to add some polls on some of the Chapter Discussion threads....

Oh no... I'm really sorry for neglecting my job! (
    Nah you do a good job, the magi forum is nice and clean, not all spammed up like some forums.

i really like the direction ohtaka is heading with this manga, its becoming closer to being my favorite every week

MH Senpai 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Cupid's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

"I hope senpai notices me..."

Confess your love for your senpai on Valentine's Day! [14.02.2014]

New Reply
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast