Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    One thing that is kinda lame about this forum is that the spoilers come out so early, then the trans not much later

That when the translated pages come out there is almost no discussion if the chapter, or everything has been discussed

i guess im used to all of the discussion being after the translated chapter is released
    I guess the reason why the translation came out much later than the spoilers is because the one doing the translation didn't want the other scanlation teams to use his/her work. If I remember correctly, Aegeon-rokudo (the one that usually do the translations) had already explained this stuff in of the chapter discussion threads.

on the other hand, maybe the people of this section were much more interested in talking about the untranslated chinese raws/scanlation than reading the whole english translation itself. We can't blame them, since once the raws/spoilers have been provided, the tendency of the readers is to discuss and speculate about on what's going on with the manga. The raws were usually released on a Friday afternoon (at my time), while the English translation is usually released on a Sunday (at my time too) so there's a one day delay for the translations. The way I see this, the fans/readers have already gave their thoughts and opinion about the spoiler, so why would they repeat all of what they have said when a translation has been posted?...

I don't see this as a real problem tho... but it's the problem could be the member's interest to discuss the whole manga/anime in a forum. Magi fans would rather discuss the whole chapter/manga in Tumblr and maybe, also in Twitter, they prefer doing it in forums such as this and it's really heart-breaking...

Honestly, if people wanted to have a more livelier discussion her in Magi, they were always free to create threads or . I even created a game, but no one is buying the idea so how would it progressed?

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah this forum needs more variety. I have some thread ideas so maybe I'll start one or two when I get a chance. It's just that aside from the chapter and anime discussion, there isn't much to talk about. I'd like to make a fun thread like the magi game, which btw we need more people to play it, because we're running out of ideas...
    PS: I just saw that there is a raw discussion thread. Should we use it in the future, and leave the chapter thread for when the translation comes out?
    Last edited by ladylola; April 02, 2014 at 04:21 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member KugiPunch's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one reason why there isn't much discussion about Magi is because there is almost no controversy in the Magi community. I don't think Ive ever heard anyone argue passionately about who is stronger between Alibaba and Hakuryuu. I for one don't care who is stronger, but other shounen communities obsess over power levels, tier list, etc. which in turn bring a lot of discussion.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KugiPunch View Post
    I think one reason why there isn't much discussion about Magi is because there is almost no controversy in the Magi community. I don't think Ive ever heard anyone argue passionately about who is stronger between Alibaba and Hakuryuu. I for one don't care who is stronger, but other shounen communities obsess over power levels, tier list, etc. which in turn bring a lot of discussion.
    It's a pointless discussion if you ask me.And you get a lot of fanboys coming at you because you don't agree with them.I like this forum because it keeps it simple, because the manga doesn't bother with power levels that much.

7. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Cutest Bunny 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Easter Bunny's Avatar
    Country
    Christmas Island
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Between this forum and Toriko, my two favorites right now, neither have real fighting like you see in the big three forums. My posts usually get ignored there, especially in the Bleach forum and totally non-controversial analysis can get you flamed as being an idiot even when you up right in the end >_> Pretty sure the only reason I have over a thousand posts here is from me defending myself in the Bleach forum and probably One Piece sometimes lol, I ended up quitting for a long time too until I started getting into Toriko and then Magi. Maybe it's not as bad as it used to be but I really like the community in this forum and how it seems to have attracted only people who really like Magi and don't ever complain about it. There could have been some controversy over the accusations of anti-semitism but that never went anywhere thank god.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ryuusu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that members in this forum are generally respectable, almost always have something interesting to say, and are just as enthusiastic about Magi as I am really makes up for the lack of activity (well at least for me). I can already imagine how chaotic forums for popular mangas/animes can be even when the topic isn't even controversial in the slightest. The flame wars, the childish name calling...I'll pass.
    Last edited by Ryuusu; April 13, 2014 at 01:24 AM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I started avoiding posting in OP's forum because flamewars can happen for the stupidest things, like Oda's storytelling etc. Even if you bring up a good argument, someone comes in ans starts calling you names for no reason.I stopped reading Bleach a long time ago, and I never really posted in their forum.
    Well I have this feeling that the majority of the members in magi's forum are all above 20, and have already been disappointed by other mangas like Bleach etc and are looking for a place where they can just come up with theories and discuss them, without talking about power levels. That's the thing I hate the most about shonens. I usually read seinens but since all of them were at a break at some point, or had a farmland arc, I started reading Magi. It was only to keep me distracted while waiting for the mangas in hiatus to resume again.Now Magi has turned into my favorite manga, maybe even more than Berserk and Vagabond who were originally in my top 3 .

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys I'm back!!! Sorry for lack of posts and being inactive for the past week. I went to some far off place and.. whatever. Sorry if I don't participate much in the discussion lately... I feel like I can't contribute much in the topics since there were already other members who could even think deeper than I am lol :P

anyways, I'm happy to see that the members are still participating in the discussion despite the forum's lack of activities.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

...I hate the Golden week! There's no Magi, no OP, absolutely nothing...I'd even want to read half a chapter,just so that I get my weekly dose of manga.
    But that won't ever happen....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be glad we even have the chance to read it at all. 1 week is nothing

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Veneficae's Avatar
    Country
    Sudan
    Post Thanks / Like

Our beloved mangaka is now 31 ♥

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Happy Birthday , Ohtaka sensei
    Last edited by ladylola; May 07, 2014 at 01:57 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT WHAT??? Today (May 7) is her birthday?!?!?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lovemagi's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well actually she is almost 31 years old. Just 15 minutes to go, then it's her b-day since she is born on the 9th of May and in Japan it is now 11:45 PM (23:45).

New Reply
Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast