Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

Seems like the anime is also working here in mangahelpers in increasing the readers :-)
    Were you like me Teeba, the cute roundish character design made you think it was to shounen to try ? The fact that it is on the contrary quite mature (in one of the last chapter there are quite explicit sexual scenes) was the biggest surprise for me.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't so much the cuteness of the characters, but I was skeptical of Aladdin being able to carry off being a good lead. I really love how there's something not quite human about him. He reminds me of Aang, from the Avatar cartoon series. Aladdin is great because while he's goofy and happy-go-lucky, he knows when to be serious and he is mature for his age. So yeah, I'm the same as you, I didn't expect the characters to be quite as mature as they are!

And even though I'm not watching the anime, its one of the reasons I got off the fence and started reading. So much Morgiana!

Another thing I like is the successful integration of adult and teenage characters. There are so many times I wonder why the adult characters are never as competent as the kids, even though the kids are the heroes. But in Magi, its pretty clear that everyone has their own agenda, hence not everyone is going to fight for the same cause as the kids do. Their relationship with Sinbad is really interesting too, because despite him being all-powerful, they know they can't rely on him. So I really like that aspect. Aladdin, Alibaba, & Morgiana are definitely kids and are treated as such, but at the same time they fight for what they believe in because often no one else does.

How did you get into Magi, k-dom?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I had read the first chapter quite a long time ago but didn't really get into it because of this boyish prejudice. Then when the anime was announced, there was a lot of posts in the shonen sunday thread saying how it was a good and underestimate serie. So I gave it a second try, maybe I missed something, and here I am :-)
    Now with Silver Spoon there are 2 series I really enjoyed in Sunday

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The last round of the Community Awards Voting has started

Please take a look and participate guys~ We need to the whole community to vote and decide for the rightful winner

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question.

We've had an enormous flood of scanlations and I think, with Chapter 158, we're now back in sync with the release schedule in Japan. In which thread do we discuss the chapters, because right now there are two of them. And will we then have a weekly thread with discussion+prediction like in the other manga forums?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually 160 is the last one and has been released so you can discuss the chapters in the normal thread. And yes, it will probably work like other forums from now

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Maco View Post
    I have a question.

We've had an enormous flood of scanlations and I think, with Chapter 158, we're now back in sync with the release schedule in Japan. In which thread do we discuss the chapters, because right now there are two of them. And will we then have a weekly thread with discussion+prediction like in the other manga forums?
    Yes, we will have one thread for each chapter now that Sense-Scan has catched up with the raws. The Spoiler thread was created to discuss the raws, it's outdated now though and will be replaced with a real spoiler thread (if actual spoilers or the raw comes up before we have the next scanlated chapter).

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be really nice to have a thread for all volume omake. It seems like there are quite a few of them, but they are literally scattered everywhere on the internet!

Also, it seems Ohtaka sensei has kept not one, but two blogs for Magi! One is a tegaki blog, where she posts omake about Sindria castle life, and the other is a blog under Shonen Sunday itself.

Tegaki blog: http://tegaki.pipa.jp/525880/index_0.html
    Websunday blog: http://websunday.net/backstage/ootaka/

And translations for these can be found on tumblr: http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/tagged/magi
    http://wish-full.tumblr.com/
    More translations here: (I'm putting the individual posts because this person mostly translates yaoi doujinshi)
    http://machiawase.tumblr.com/post/15...-is-a-boy-this
    http://machiawase.tumblr.com/post/11...at-the-banquet
    http://machiawase.tumblr.com/post/13...heir-attention
    Last edited by Teeba; November 30, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Seems like the anime is also working here in mangahelpers in increasing the readers :-)
    I had seen the Magi thread in the shonen forum when the series was pretty new, but never tried it out (except the first 3 chapters,maybe).
    So when I finally decided to read further into the series because of the new subforum and the anime, I absolutely wasn't disappointed.

I'm now at Chapter 96, and it just gets better and better.

What amazes me the most about Magi is that pretty much every facet of the human nature, the positive ones and the negative ones, is discussed and shown in this manga.
    As a passionate FF-player, I also like the aspect of "dungeon capturing".

And I'm agreeing with Teeba's comparison with Aang, this was also something I thought of when reading.

Edit: I'm up to date now.
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; November 02, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So a while back Anime News Network announced that the first Magi DVD would be bundled with a special manga volume about Sinbad's adventures. I thought it would get released in January, but it looks like it got released early? Either that or its from manga volume 15 and these are just the previews. Enjoy really blurry (and maybe leaked?) images from the book. All pictures found on nodoka5729's tumblr.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Teeba; November 16, 2012 at 05:57 AM.

16. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

wow that looks surprisingly awesome I would love to read this

and the picture of young Jafar makes me a lot more interested in him XD

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So apparently these are just preview pages from volume 15. No worries, we'll just wait until January!

I have to admit, Ja'far has been growing on me lately. I'd love to read the prequel manga too, if only so we can get some dates straight! For example, Ja'far is apparently Sinbad's first household vessel, but does that mean he was there when Sinbad conquered Baal? That would put him at around 10 to Sinbad's 14. And if Masrur was there too, since he also has a household vessel from the same Djinn, that would make him 5 years old! And now that I think about it, Pisti is 18, and she probably has a household vessel too, right? So when did she meet Sinbad long enough for him to conquer a Djinn?!

All those dates I expect answered, Ohtaka-sensei! If not, that's ok too.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh... Sinbad's past!! Thank you very much for posting those pictures!
    I can't hardly wait to read those!

I hope they make another one about Aladdin's past With the truth about the Alma Toran and King Solomon

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    I hope they make another one about Aladdin's past With the truth about the Alma Toran and King Solomon
    Did you just suggest one of the most important questions of Magi manga to be answered in a spin off comic? Even if it is obvious it will be answered in time? Even if Ohataka has stated in an interview she already wants to draw it herself?
    Last edited by Doraku; November 17, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikyet View Post
    Did you just suggest one of the most important questions of Magi manga to be answered in a spin off comic? Even if it is obvious it will be answered in time? Even if Ohataka has stated in an interview she already wants to draw it herself?

allow me to clear it
    What I mean is that they make it (Aladdin's past or the Alma Toran Story, or something like that) into a special manga volume just like Sinbad's. It doesn't necessarily mean to be a spin off comic. Well, I know it will be revealed or shown in the manga sooner or later, but you know, there are certain things in a story that are sometimes not "shown"or "revealed" in the manga, even if the story really takes time. Sometimes these are some important happenings or things that will complete a character's profile. Okay, I'll just exclude Aladdin's past, but I am eager to know something about the Alma Toran and King Solomon.

Let's take Allen Walker's past with Mana (in D.Gray-Man)
    It was shown in the manga, but was not that "elaborated" thoroughly. But that story has been well told in the Reverse Novel. And because of that we got to know how Allen met Mana, what happened between the two, how Allen got his name "Allen"...

hmm.. I hope I did make myself clear

And oh, by the way, that interview with Ohtaka? I haven't heard of it, nor read a news about it. So I think I really misunderstood something... gomen!

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast