Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Should more characters gain demonic powers?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Should more characters gain demonic powers?

Just for curiosity, anyone still believe that other humans (the main cast) will have demon powers or something like that?

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Hangout Thread v.2

As of 150 chapters, only Oga, Aoi, and possibly Toujou have demon powers out of the core cast. To be honest....it depends on the kind of demon the gang were expected to form a contract with. I can imagine the gang gaining demon powers via magic training or something without the actual demon contract. I can't really imagine them having a formal contract like Oga does. It would seem too gimmicky, somehow.

So far, what I've liked about Beelzebub is that demon foot soldiers still have the strength comparable to a human. To Oga, Aoi, and Toujou they are fodder, but not necessarily to the rest of the gang. It makes the power levels a lot more balanced, and it allows the Ishiyama gang to beat them up without making it seem like their power-ups are too powerful. Also, I can't help but love when humans just get stronger to tackle a problem as oppose to using powers that were given to them.

Of course, I'm not totally against the idea, and I wouldn't mind one or two of the members gaining demon powers. I can totally see Nene wanting that just so she could be closer to Aoi! Do you have any characters in mind you would like to see have demonic powers?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

I decided the topic was worth making into its own thread, so there you go.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should more characters gain demonic powers?

I'd say it is likely that a few other individuals are revealed to have demonic powers or obtain demonic powers. It would seem like a natural progression as the group come up against stronger foes.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it would actually happen but I would be all in favor of it.

I love the idea of them getting their own pact demons with bizarre personalities. Like Nene for example, what kind of demon would she get? That could be a really great thing to see the author play around with.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Beelzebub last week and have just finished catching up - what a great manga it is! It's very weird and very, very unpredictable which is one of its greatest strengths, in my opinion. I wouldn't be against the other main characters getting demons on principle, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't either because I think whichever direction Tamura takes it, he'll make it work.

If it becomes more of a traditional battle manga then I think some of them will have to get power-ups just so that they can compete with the likes of Oga, Toujou and Aoi. Then again, given the power levels of those three at the moment and the increasingly-powerful enemies then even if the manga continues in the style it is at the moment (which I hope and believe it will) then they'll still have to power up if they want to do anything more than take out low-level demons and other mooks.

Personally I'm inclined to agree with Teeba, that if everyone got a demon that'd be too gimmicky, but like I said, Tamura's a great writer and he may well be able to pull it off without it seeming contrived.

We still haven't fully seen the fruits of everyone's most recent round of training, so there's a chance some of them might have become quite a bit stronger (not at Oga and Toujou's level, but strong enough to compete). I'd at least like to see some of the supporting cast (especially Himekawa, Kanzaki, Natsume and Nene) get power-ups of the same type as Toujou's where they're strong enough to fight demons without making a contract, and I think that at some point it'll happen. If anyone else makes a contract I'd like it to be Himekawa and Kanzaki.
    Last edited by Teeba; April 23, 2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I pressed the edit button by accident --sorry!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply