Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitty Kat's new basket

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Hello, Benelori...

Sometimes it is more difficult to come up with a question:
    1. Why do you like orochimaru a lot?
    2. Are you afraid that M3J will degrade the intellectual level of your thread?
    3. Have you ever been in our part of Europe? If so, where and did you like it?
    Hi...o/
    1. I like his entire character...his techniques, his manner of speech, gestures, I like sickos...that's why I like Mayuri and Szayel as well from Bleach...it's only a coincidence that they are scientists...
    However the seiyuu in the anime...it fits so well with the character that it gives me the chills...so apart from all the reasons that would be the result of a deep analysis of his character and...oh well...the voice over is the main reason...
    2. I believe in M3J to be an intelligent part of our discussions...if not...there's always the option of deleting the posts right?
    3. Oh yeah...I've been to the Netherlands...I was in a scout camp...forgot the name of the little town though...but I was in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, and it was the first time I've seen a more developed country so it was great...and that was 9 years ago...
    In our trip we did enter Belgium, Luxemburg, Monaco, so I only saw these countries from a bus...

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your thread, bene! It was about time

How do you think you did on your exam? How many more years till you graduate?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Exam sucked...so I'll probably have to retake it...I don't know how many years it will take, but if everything goes well, then two more years, not counting this one...I'm also plannig for master's degree, but I still don't know if I will do that or just take the Cisco courses, which are kinda equivalent with a master's degree...
    Any exams for U inthe future?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that sucks indeed... Was it only bad for you or for your whole cohort as well? If it's the latter, would there be moderation (for eg to bring the required mark for an A/pass down)?

No more exams for me for a really long time Finished my A levels (high school final exams) at the end of last year, and ever since then I've been on break. Results are out in March, and then University would only begin around July or August. Then will the exams come...

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Oh, that sucks indeed... Was it only bad for you or for your whole cohort as well? If it's the latter, would there be moderation (for eg to bring the required mark for an A/pass down)?

No more exams for me for a really long time Finished my A levels (high school final exams) at the end of last year, and ever since then I've been on break. Results are out in March, and then University would only begin around July or August. Then will the exams come...
    Well...these math exams are tough for everyone, especially since the stuff we're doing are pretty abstract mostly...romania has a grading system from 1 to 10...one needs to achieve 5 to pass an exam...and it's a general rule for the school system...

Oh so still high school...I don't know why I'm always assuming everyone's at a uni...oh well...UR right...then will the exams come...I don't know how are things there...but I know uni exams are tough everywhere...unless one's at low uni which tries to achieve higher levels by pumping the number of graduates...U understant...how deep does UR pocket go style...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

beneeeeee~~~

How's it going, dude?

So... did you make any new year's resolutions for '11? Do you have anything already planned for this year?

Your threads are pretty much all alive and kicking. o.O I don't see anything wrong with them. The ones that aren't active have been successful in the past...you shouldn't be too hard on yourself.

Good job making a mod thread. Next up is Des-chan and then Rofly~

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Well...these math exams are tough for everyone, especially since the stuff we're doing are pretty abstract mostly...romania has a grading system from 1 to 10...one needs to achieve 5 to pass an exam...and it's a general rule for the school system...
    Higher level math is always abstract. I prefer math that I can actually see the use of, haha. But computing in itself sounds abstract. Like the 1s and 0s and all that you tried to explain a little to me before in my thread

So the marks you need to get a 5 or whatsoever can't be changed? In Singapore, particularly for the national exams, they always want a certain percentage to get an A (the highest grade). So although the usual marks you need for an A is 70, if the exam is really tough, they will just lower the mark needed to ensure a certain percentage get A.

Quote Quote:
    Oh so still high school...I don't know why I'm always assuming everyone's at a uni...oh well...UR right...then will the exams come...I don't know how are things there...but I know uni exams are tough everywhere...unless one's at low uni which tries to achieve higher levels by pumping the number of graduates...U understant...how deep does UR pocket go style...
    Are your uni exams worse than your high school etc exams? Over here, what I hear is that the A levels I just took are the worst exams ever, and if you survive that, uni should be a breeze in comparison (except if you're taking courses like Medicine)

So how are you going to spend these 2 weeks of freedom?

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

How often you shampoo your hair ?

Whats your favorite fragrance?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    beneeeeee~~~

How's it going, dude?

So... did you make any new year's resolutions for '11? Do you have anything already planned for this year?

Your threads are pretty much all alive and kicking. o.O I don't see anything wrong with them. The ones that aren't active have been successful in the past...you shouldn't be too hard on yourself.

Good job making a mod thread. Next up is Des-chan and then Rofly~
    It's good man...thanks for stopping by...how RU...how's the hangout doing...haven't been there for quite some time
    No resolutions, or at least not special ones...I will be smoking and having drinks like I always do and plan to finish this uni year, with a minimum of failed exams...that's a pretty fair deal if U ask me...
    Which ones?

Higher level math is always abstract. I prefer math that I can actually see the use of, haha. But computing in itself sounds abstract. Like the 1s and 0s and all that you tried to explain a little to me before in my thread

So the marks you need to get a 5 or whatsoever can't be changed? In Singapore, particularly for the national exams, they always want a certain percentage to get an A (the highest grade). So although the usual marks you need for an A is 70, if the exam is really tough, they will just lower the mark needed to ensure a certain percentage get A.
    I see...the thing is...that we have people entering the university, who have their spots financed by the state...and we have the others that have to pay for the studies themselves...so it's not enough to get a 5, because of the competition...
    During university, it's okay to get just a 5, unless one wants some kind of scholarship or something like this...in the end however the total average needs to be higher than 6 and the I think that the thesis also needs to be higher than 6 or maybe 7 I don't know that...
    The thing is that at my university people drop out like flies and there are lots of spots that are financed by the government....by default the rule should be that students who have failed exams pay the taxes for themselves, but as I said there are plenty of spots, so even with 2 failed exams one can get a financed spot
    Quote Quote:
    Are your uni exams worse than your high school etc exams? Over here, what I hear is that the A levels I just took are the worst exams ever, and if you survive that, uni should be a breeze in comparison (except if you're taking courses like Medicine)

So how are you going to spend these 2 weeks of freedom?
    One uni exam is like the entire high school exam period...I can't decide which is better though...UR system or ours

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    How often you shampoo your hair ?

Whats your favorite fragrance?
    Hair...not my favorite topic...and U know why? Because in time I won't have anything to talk about...twice a week though, but I have a head massaging tool which is better
    No favorite fragrance...I'm not really into these things...I like mint though...actually green and white colored shampoo bottles always give off a refreshing feel...I however haven't bought shampoo in my life...I always get them in presents, or my mom just buys them for me

I'm gonna spam this a bit if U won't mind...
    Last edited by benelori; January 25, 2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fear my epic smiley!

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Hello, Benelori...

Sometimes it is more difficult to come up with a question:
    1. Why do you like orochimaru a lot?
    2. Are you afraid that M3J will degrade the intellectual level of your thread?
    3. Have you ever been in our part of Europe? If so, where and did you like it?
    You're boring with your constant bashing of me. v.v

BENNY LAVA! Why did you decide to make a thread?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Your smiley's kinda scary

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You're boring with your constant bashing of me. v.v

BENNY LAVA! Why did you decide to make a thread?
    Because I have a lot of time, and I was trying to have a nice discussion, but not necessarily with just staff

Your smiley's kinda scary
    It is called epic
    Last edited by benelori; January 26, 2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did it take you this long to make a thread? D:

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why did it take you this long to make a thread? D:
    Well, I didn't really care before, because I posted in the general hangout, I had the review threads, and had lots of activity...but as I said...lots of free time now...and I also mentioned a few other reasons in the OP

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't touch this, benny.

- S'up?
    - Are you a fan of the 80's?
    - Whatcha think of MC Hammer? No? What about this? You gotta check out that movie called "Little Miss Sunshine"
    - So what's your smiley collection lookin' like? Any gems in there? Share them with us.
    - Not bad, Benny. Not bad at all.
    - Have you watched any cool movies lately?
    - Favourite soft drink?

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast