Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: 2010 or 2011?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2010 - So awesome, nothing can beat it!

2 14.29%
  • 2011 - Things can only get better!

12 85.71%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Best and Worst of Bakuman. 2010

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts The Best and Worst of Bakuman. 2010

The Best and Worst of Bakuman. 2010

2010 is over, and 2011 has begun! Let's have a look at what happened in the world of Bakuman. in the past year: What did you like? What did you hate? What do you remember best about Bakuman. in 2010? What expectations do you have for 2011?

Let's begin with the characters... Which character stood out the most this year? What did any of these characters do this year that struck you as memorable, or which changed your impression of them, for better or for worse?

How about the editors? Who gave the best input this year? Who gave the most useless input?

What plot developments left you the most excited about them? Which manga in the Bakuman world that was introduced in 2010 interested you the most?

Which page/panel was the most aesthetically pleasing? ... Anything about Bakuman. in 2010 and expectations for 2011 can be discussed in this thread!

As we are looking at the year 2010, please restrict your discussions to chapters 68-115. Just remember, no bashing any character or member!

You can refer to the chapter guide thread for a run-down of what happened in chapter 68-115, if you have forgotten Also, to get you started, consider these characters/events. Of course, these lists are in no way exhaustive, and you are more than welcome to bring up any other event or character

Spoiler show

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Best and Worst of Bakuman. 2010

I think Hiramaru was the star at the end of the year.His date with Aoki really made it.

What i didn't like was the Love Festvial.I feared it would be kind of pointless and it ended up actually being pointless.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it helps that Hiramaru's bit was at the end of the year and thus freshest in our memories. Honestly if I hadn't gone back and reviewed all of 2010's chapters I wouldn't have remembered that a lot of other interesting stuff such as Tanto's serialisation, PCP's serialisation and their editor change etc happened.

I feel the same as you about the Love Festival, Googz. Nothing much came out of it, though we did manage to see Saikou spreading his wings on his own a little bit. And of course it lent for some conflict between Saikou and Shuujin. Also, we saw Eiji actually fail, though I felt that bit could have been expanded on a bit more, especially since Eiji failing despite being a genius should have been something pretty big.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I guess it helps that Hiramaru's bit was at the end of the year and thus freshest in our memories. Honestly if I hadn't gone back and reviewed all of 2010's chapters I wouldn't have remembered that a lot of other interesting stuff such as Tanto's serialisation, PCP's serialisation and their editor change etc happened.

I feel the same as you about the Love Festival, Googz. Nothing much came out of it, though we did manage to see Saikou spreading his wings on his own a little bit. And of course it lent for some conflict between Saikou and Shuujin. Also, we saw Eiji actually fail, though I felt that bit could have been expanded on a bit more, especially since Eiji failing despite being a genius should have been something pretty big.
    This much?Really?Wow...All that really happened in 2010?I'm surprised...well,then it wasn't really that good a year,as i hated Tanto and the editor change

Yeah,i agree.The conflict was quite unnecessary again,though,but Eiji failing was really interesting,especially because it's still nagging at him,as he still tries to find out how that could've even happened.Maybe we'll see more of that.Eiji is not the type to simply forget something like this.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, if you look at the chapter guide, quite a lot happened in 2010 I guess you could say Bakuman moves at quite a fast pace. It's not like some action series where 1 chapter covers 3 seconds of events

I didn't like Tanto, but I was happy for the editor change. I didn't like Miura - he was after all the one who made them write Tanto Perhaps you can share why you didn't like the editor change?

Conflict was unnecessary, but adds drama and suspense, I suppose :/ Not the best way to do it, but... *shrugs* And yeah, I do hope we see more of the impact it has on Eiji. Just like how I really hope Ohba-sensei touches back on the topic of Eiji canceling a manga when he reaches the top

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess there's some truth to what you say
    Ah,that editor change!I thought you meant when Miura became their new editor(but that should have been in 2009>__>).Well i hated Miura,so i guess i like the editor change in 2010.

Well,yeah:/...Same here.That's another thing i want to see in 2011.Depending on how Ohba uses Eiji's cancellation,he could change the whole direction of Ashirogi in a way,probably making it the highlight of the year.Seeing how much happened in 2010,i'm expecting a lot for 2011.^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if you didn't like Miura and Tanto, I liked their impact on the series. Things were definitely more heated then. Both in the series and on these boards. That arc, and the early PCP stuff leading up to their victory over Iwase were probably the high points of the series for me. Tension!

People weren't like that for the love contest and the Rabuta stuff. It was more "so what?" because we knew nothing was going to come from either.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you're right there Miura was no good for Ashirogi, and neither was Tanto, but they did help Ashirogi to grow. Moreso than the romance one-shot festa.

You're definitely right that the tension was the best when PCP was at ch25 and in danger of possible cancellation if they couldnt beat +Natural/Crow

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I was the only one who voted that 2011 can not be better. Why? Probable because I want to be different Nah, I just wondered if there's a chapter which can defeat the aoki, hiramaru and yoshida chapter and I honestly doubt that a better chapter can be released. The chapter itself was for me the best of 2010 (and even before)

What I hope for 2011? Some more serious tones in the eiji - ashirogi rivalry. I think that it is time for Eiji to become more serious

Oh and I agree with above stated: the love festa arc was kinda bland but I think this might have been the case because of the good arc before and the great arc in between or afterwards?
    Last edited by Koen; January 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah. I wondered if it was you

That chapter was indeed awesome, but then again, one chapter doesn't make the whole year... 2011 may not have a better chapter to best that one, but if the arcs on the whole are better than those we had in 2010, it'd still be a better year. IMO, anyway

The love festa arc, taken on its own even without considering that what came before and after it was so good, was just bland. It added little to the overall story. There were some highlights though - like seeing Eiji actually fail. But other than that, there was nothing new or particularly interesting about it. The only really great thing about it was that it led on to that famous best chapter of Bakuman

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys a forgetting a funny/wierd charcecter in bakuman who decided to leave jump.

lets talk about Nakei for a change ... Correct me if im wrong but i remember him leaving jump in 2010.

I really liked that guy because of the way his thoughts were made up.. fx. when Aoki and Nekei became manga partners and he was aiming to get Aoki as his girlfriend but got rejected that was soooo funny or that other time when Nakei started became Takahama's assistant and fell in love with that girl with the with the glasses(cant remember her name xD) just because she was being nice to him, that made me laugh aswell.

It's just too bad he left jump Still hoping for him to come back

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha,oh yes,Nakai left in 2010,but i'm glad as hell he did.I used to love Nakai earlier,but after what he pulled with Aoki he lost all my respect.It will be hard for him to redeem himself in 2011,as i'm quite sure he will come back this year.There was quite a lot of foreshadowing for his return.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Nakai was an interesting character at first, then became a real ass and I was glad to see him go.

If he does return, though, what role do you think he will play? What significance will his return have? He might be jealous of Hiramaru getting Aoki, but I don't see what else could come out of that, either.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After the Hiramaru chapter,i don't really see it either.He is way too old to step into the story as a rival again,especially because he is only doing the drawings.Making Nakai relevant is hard at this point in the manga.He could've returned in the Love Festa Arc,where he would have some relevance,but that didn't happen.The only thing that makes me believe in his return is that he was mentioned here and there and that Ohba actually bothered to show what he is doing right now.He is sitting annoyed in his moms house and misses the old times,so he might come back to JUMP.It's not that i'd actually care anyway,as i hate him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

well if Nakai comes back in 2011, I can only see him working for one person and that person is Iwase haha ...
    If i remember right, Iwase keeps on asking Miura for someone who could draw for her at the romance one-shot festa.. so what i'm trying to say is that the chance is there if she decides to write a new manga and Nakai comes back as the guy who draws for her...

Haha try to imagin them together, couldnt that be funny to see ?? and both of them have experienced what it feels like to be rejected xD... it could be funny if they feel in love with each other xD.. what do you guys think about that or am i just saying something totally nonsense xd??

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast