Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gai

6 19.35%
  • Raikage

23 74.19%
  • Draw

2 6.45%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gai vs Raikage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gai vs Raikage

If there already is a thread like this then I apologise.

Just wondered who would win this extreme clash of tai jutsu.

Conditions:

-Open Battlefield
    -Gai can go up to seven gates

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gai vs Raikage

I would go with Raikage. I think Gai gates are very very dangerous, he don't defeat his opponent then he is defeated by the damage the gates cause to him. I believe that is the case in this battle, Gai would be winning until the side effects of the gates, then it's over for him.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends.

The Raikage is certainly the front runner. However, if Gai goes up to 7 Gates and can use a technique to kill/decimate the Raikage, then things might be over for the Raikage and Gai can walk away.

That's the best case scenerio for Gai. Second best is they both die by him going 8 Gates.

Worst case, he just out right loses.
    Last edited by Delbi; January 18, 2011 at 04:10 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Raikage has the speed to dodge's Gai's 7 gates attacks, so he would win this even with just one arm and without too much harm to himself IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't seen alot of Raikage in action yet compared to alot of other characters, so I'd say its safe to say we haven't seen his true power. And he's already been able to pretty much own Sasuke. Plus hes Kage level, and seems to be a pretty old one at that. And theres no information to suggest that his experience and age has reached the point where he's not as strong as he was in younger years, in fact he seems very energetic. So my moneys on Raikage.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Depends.

The Raikage is certainly the front runner. However, if Gai goes up to 7 Gates and can use a technique to kill/decimate the Raikage, then things might be over for the Raikage and Gai can walk away.

That's the best case scenerio for Gai. Second best is they both die by him going 8 Gates.

Worst case, he just out right loses.
    Well Hirudora looks very strong, but in reality it didn't even mange to kill or seriously injure Kisame. Yeah it gave him a lot of bumps and bruises, but as we saw he had plenty of strength left, which to Yamato's surprise, he used to break out of the Mokuton restraint jutsu. And judging by E's Raiton Armor and how easily it completely blocked Sasuke's Raiton sword and forced Chidori to only cause a little more then a scratch on E, i think its fairly safe to say that E could take on Hirudora head on and survive. And thats not even taking into account E's obviously natural physical superiority to Kisame and almost every other character as well. Either way that would be the absolute worst case scenario for E. Because his speed seems to be able to allow him to dodge basically any attack, particularly ones that are "launched" or "fired off". And Gai even in the 7th gate never showed signs of any real speed himself, at least in terms of movement. So at this point E seems to be much faster then Gai, in terms of movement speed. And in the end speed wins.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we've only seen Gai use taijutsu and in the end, his most powerful didn't harm Kisame that much. Raikage has the advantage of having superior ninjutsu and he did appear to be faster. Yeah Gai's seven gates did manage to cause a shit-ton of destruction to his surroundings but it all felt rather superficial. Not to mention Raikage completely shrugged off Juugo's attacks and he could probably pose a threat to Gai. Raikage is in his own league as far as speed and ninjutsu/taijutsu are concerned (not counting space/time techs)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a fight! Raikage is a beast, but so is Gai. I don't know. Gai might probably loses, but I'm not sure.

Noon tiger is hell of a attack. Considering that it is suposed to kill. I know, Guy like kisame survived it, but we have seen Kisame heal from tough wounds like nothing before (When bee ripped his chest out).

It is hard to tell, i will go with draw. I mean, Noon tiger is also superfast, but raikage is also one of the fastest charakter...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Raikage stomps. Lightning's got to hurt though.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Well Hirudora looks very strong, but in reality it didn't even mange to kill or seriously injure Kisame.
    That could also be because of Kisame's inhuman strength and stamina though. We've already seen that he can take a lot of damage and has enormous pain tolerance. He got his chest blown to pieces and all he had to say about that was "you got me..." with a smirk on his face. His stamina must be insane and thats probably also the source of his inhuman chakra imho.

Gai called the Noon-Tiger an instant killer move, so I'am quite sure it would mess up even someone like Raikage badly. Thats if he can land it of course... lol

If Gai goes 6 or 7 Gates and Raikage goes Raiton Armor it would turn into a DBZ fight: nobody could see whats happening because they move so fast, they would just feel and hear the shockwaves from the clashes of their punches xD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    That could also be because of Kisame's inhuman strength and stamina though. We've already seen that he can take a lot of damage and has enormous pain tolerance. He got his chest blown to pieces and all he had to say about that was "you got me..." with a smirk on his face. His stamina must be insane and thats probably also the source of his inhuman chakra imho.

Gai called the Noon-Tiger an instant killer move, so I'am quite sure it would mess up even someone like Raikage badly. Thats if he can land it of course... lol

If Gai goes 6 or 7 Gates and Raikage goes Raiton Armor it would turn into a DBZ fight: nobody could see whats happening because they move so fast, they would just feel and hear the shockwaves from the clashes of their punches xD
    Well Kisame was so confident and unshaken after getting his chest torn apart by Bee mainly because he had Samehada right next to him to fully heal him. And a large part of his chakra and stamina were directly linked to Samehada as well, as Chojuro pointed out. Also i don't remember Gai calling Hirukuro an "instant killer jutsu", all i can see is that he called it a "deadly tai-jutsu". Either way Hirudora was little more then just a very flashy and hyped up jutsu that had very underwhelming results. For something that created this large of a "boom" Kisame should have been reduced to nothing afterwards. Yet as we all saw he just had a lot of bumps and bruises. While one of E's normal punches drilled a whole in Jugo. And once again Gai hasn't showed anything close to great movement/foot speed while using the 6th or 7th Gate. I mean he had to have Bee throw him and summon Ningame to try and catch Kisame via jumping. If he was anything close to being as fast as E, then not only would he have ran but he would have caught Kisame long before Kisame reached the ocean.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible this is a new translation? I'am sure in the version I've seen he said something like "this attack is different then anything you've seen before, its a one hit kill".

You are right, he was confident because of Samehada, but with your chest torn to pieces I would assume one would be in extreme pain and yet he endured it with a smirk on his face.

I also have the impression that Gai is extremely fast in gates mode, could be because of the anime though. I always have to remember like Kisame's body double was jumping up those water fountains and suddenly Gai appeared right in front of his face, leaving him no chance to react.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If the seven Gates can only perform the noon tiger, then Gai don't need to use it. it would simply leave him open for a attack after Raikage dodges it. Like i said before Gai could win if the Gates wasn't a double edge sword.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jjpower's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

we probably gonna see a fight like this but between Gai (or Lee maybe) VS the old Raikage (the edo tensei summon).

Will be pretty much the same

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Raikage is basically a suped up Gai. Both are mainly a taijutsu fighter, but Raikage is much stronger and faster than Gai. Imo, a gated Gai is just around the base Raikage level. A raiton armored Raikage curbstomps him.

Lets review Raikage's resume:
    - bijuu level chakra
    - power to chop off eight tail's horn and break susanoo's bones
    - speed to evade amaterasu
    - durable enough to brush off a direct chidori hit and hold off amaterasu flames (to an extent)

That's a lot of stuff gated Gai don't have or can't do.
    Last edited by chilibun; January 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast