Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gai

6 19.35%
  • Raikage

23 74.19%
  • Draw

2 6.45%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gai vs Raikage

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gai vs Raikage

Raikage is the strongest ninja,well,he was until the 49th manga. even if gai open 7 gates,raikage is too fast for him,and anyway,he can escape from gai's attacks. After that Gai uses his attacks,he will be very tired and weak,raikage owns him.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gai vs the Raikage

Raikage stomps lol. He even has a lake there to shock(raiton) Gai if need be.

What is Gai suposed to do? He can't even outlast Raikage as Raikage has biju levels of chakra.

If Raikage repeates his attack like vs Minato then Gai is going to lose his head before he can even activate his 7 gates....

Even asuming Raikage can't get a hit in for the time 7 gates last and Gai would eventualy drop from that...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming Gai is as fast if not faster than Lee, and Lee can easily become a blur without opening any gates, then i dont think it will be a stomp as xXan believes.

It will be a close match because both of them are speed monsters. It comes down to weather the Raikage can tank a full on onslaught from a 7 gated Gai.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@jaymizzo

Lee? blur with no gates? Before who? Where? Don't tell me Gaara in part 1...

Raikage has clear speed feats that put him above Gai.

Now considering Gai can't damage Raikage, LIKE AT ALL its obviously a stomp. The only think that Gai has a chanse to actualy HIT Raikage with (asuming Raikage is using his full speed) is with his punches. Punches vs Raiton armour, gues what wins.

Now aside from that Gai's head would be rolling on the floor before he even activates his gates. Minato needed instant ST to move out of the way. Asuming Raikage charges right off the bat Gai is dead.

You understand that Raikage is a man that:

1-Has Biju level of chakra.
    2-Raiton armour that makes Chidori infused swords bounce off like nothing. Taking SM rasengan's from SM Naruto (3'rh Raikage but his tech is the same thing).
    3-The ability to cut trough a biju horn.
    4-The ability to brake Susano bones.
    5-Fast enough to turn Sasuke into a statue.
    6-Durability great enough (no raiton shield) to take that teleportation move and not need healing like Tsunade.
    7-His raiton shield can hole Amaterasu away from his skin, at least for some time.

He can take this:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/462/5

Sasuke needed a Chidori to pierce his armour and only his fingers whent in a little. You actualy think Gai can punch his way trough that Raiton armour? I don't think so. Not only that asuming the armour get's any damage it would be reinforced as Raikage has biju levels of chakra. Gai has a very limited time in 7 gates then he drops by himself.
    Last edited by xXan; May 04, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Assuming Gai is as fast if not faster than Lee, and Lee can easily become a blur without opening any gates, then i dont think it will be a stomp as xXan believes.

It will be a close match because both of them are speed monsters. It comes down to weather the Raikage can tank a full on onslaught from a 7 gated Gai.
    Every Shinobi can create a blur with ease. That includes Sakura, Tenten, Chouji, Konohamaru, Shizune, Ino, Shino and many more. A blur should never determine a speed of a character, never! I can assure you, if any of the characters I mentioned above ran a 70meters race, non would take less that 1 secs to finish the race.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

if gai can activate 7 gates ,raikage wont be able to stomp him but even if their speed and power match for a while ,raikage will definetely win in the long run . and this is just a best case scenario where gai has the time to activate the gates
    easyly or not ,raikage wins without a doubt

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we have no idea how fast 7 gate is.

all we know is that Raikage with his full armor isn't faster than kyuubi chakra mode naruto...

also i think that noon tiger noon will harm raikage. again it stated there that its not a chakra attack. So if its force which is invisible to begin it, it goes through chakra cloak armor, just like what happen to kisame jutsu that absorb chakra. Gai jutsu simply go through his chakra fish jutsu lol

having a biju level chakra means nothing.

kisame also have a biju level chakra yet his nothing to gai -.-

it all depends on opponent abilities that what make them able to defeat opponent who's rank is higher than them. U give konohamaru Yata Mirror + Sword of Totsuka. put him against raikage and u will see konohamaru win with that hax abilities.
    Last edited by Lemonadez; May 04, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

xXan

Quote Quote:
    Lee? blur with no gates? Before who? Where? Don't tell me Gaara in part 1...
    Lee has shown high speed with his weights on and blur like speed without his weights.

Quote Quote:
    Now considering Gai can't damage Raikage, LIKE AT ALL its obviously a stomp.
    Morning peacock and Daytime tiger disagree with you.

Quote Quote:
    Taking SM rasengan's from SM Naruto (3'rh Raikage but his tech is the same thing).
    When was this?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Raikage wins, yet Gai would really get this victory very difficult for him.
    With gates, I believe that Gai can not be equal but be a match for Raikage in both speed and power, and both Morning Peacock and Afternoon Tiger would be able to damage Raikage:
    if a Chidori could scratch him, I believe those two jutsus can likely produce considerable damage.

Yet, even with all this means, Gai would lose, period.
    Raikage with V1 can likely compete with Gated Gai, with V2 he is on a whole different level, expecially in speed ( he could even be capable to evade the Morning Peacock ).
    Also Gai lacks any sort of efficent defence, and with his body already damaged by the Gates, two or three hits would destroy him.
    Raikage also has way more stamina, and can fight on that level for a much longer period of time than Gai. Not to mention that Gai needs to open the Gates, otherwise he is not a match.
    So all in all Gai going all out would prove to be very difficult, but Raikage would come out on top

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Gats
    The two threads about Gai vs 4th Raikage have been merged. By consquence, some posts who became irrelevant following this operation have been deleted.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@jaymizzo

Quote Quote:
    Lee has shown high speed with his weights on and blur like speed without his weights
    Show me speed feats from him that involve any top tier ninja with good spead. If you show me Gaara or part 1 stuff vs slow opponents then that would be ignored.

Quote Quote:
    Morning peacock and Daytime tiger disagree with you.
    Yes because Gai can hit Raikage with those when Raikage can dodge Amaterasu? Also considering the damage done to Kisame Raikage with his shield on its not going to take shit.

Quote Quote:
    When was this?
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/555/14

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

xXan

Quote Quote:
    Show me speed feats from him that involve any top tier ninja with good spead. If you show me Gaara or part 1 stuff vs slow opponents then that would be ignored.
    Dont really have the time to go through the manga right now. When i do, il be sure to post something. Even though i think its pointless since your opinion is always > Manga facts

Quote Quote:
    Yes because Gai can hit Raikage with those when Raikage can dodge Amaterasu? Also considering the damage done to Kisame Raikage with his shield on its not going to take shit.
    Because he dodged amaterasu means he can dodge everything now? Both Gai and Raikage have insane speed, if Gai was to close in on the Raikage, he could just unleash the morning tiger on him and use Daytime tiger after.

So your comparing Kisames durability to the Ee? Sure the Raikage is durable, but please dont make his raiton armour out to be Yata mirror.

You forget the purpose of that rasengan. It was meant to redirect, the 3rd did not Tank it nor take it like it was nothing.

P.S. I believe the Raikage would win 7/10 but non of them will ever be a stomp like you like to believe.
    Last edited by jaymizzo; May 04, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not a stomp, Guy should be able to keep up no problem. I think A would win though I can't see Guy being able to damage him.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree that gai cant defeat raikage but where is this "gai cant damage raikage" coming from ? hes not as durable as the 3rd raikage and gai sure has immensly powerful attacks . he used afternoon tiger underwater and all the lakes water flooded to where naruto and others were standing -which was pretty far away- and they even felt a strong shock wave
    not to mention , that attack uses air preassure which is strong against lightning in narutoverse

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@jaymizzo

Quote Quote:
    Dont really have the time to go through the manga right now. When i do, il be sure to post something. Even though i think its pointless since your opinion is always > Manga facts
    And you expect me to counter this argument?
    Oh and using that any time you reply to me its not making you look good as i always try to back my arguments with something. Now if you whant to accept them or not is another thing.

Quote Quote:
    Because he dodged amaterasu means he can dodge everything now? Both Gai and Raikage have insane speed, if Gai was to close in on the Raikage, he could just unleash the morning tiger on him and use Daytime tiger after.

So your comparing Kisames durability to the Ee? Sure the Raikage is durable, but please dont make his raiton armour out to be Yata mirror.
    Not anything but a slower attack most defenetly (something that those moves are). Those moves originate from the user, like in a projectile and comes from Gai. Amaterasu opens in your face. Again i used this in conjunction with the fact that over here plot no jutstu is not going to keep Raikage slow enough for Suigetsu to block attacks from him...

Now perhaps you can provide evidence from what Gai has that would allow him to pierce his armour. Go right ahead. Provide his awsome damage feats with those moves.

Quote Quote:
    You forget the purpose of that rasengan. It was meant to redirect, the 3rd did not Tank it nor take it like it was nothing.

P.S. I believe the Raikage would win 7/10 but non of them will ever be a stomp like you like to believe.
    It was a Rasengan in SM that direcly impacted his hand. Its purpose its irrelevant. If i shoot you in the hand so you drop your weapon would it matter to the durability of you skin/flesh/bones?

It is a stomp as Raikage even running around like a nut for some time and Gai would drop by himself...

@shinsengumi

Quote Quote:
    gai sure has immensly powerful attacks
    Name 1 that does more damage then a Rasengan from Naruto in SM (not big ones, normal one that blew robot Pein in half). Please provide evidence from the manga of the damage they done. Then provide evidence how those attacks can actualy hit Raikage.

Quote Quote:
    he used afternoon tiger underwater and all the lakes water flooded to where naruto and others were standing -which was pretty far away- and they even felt a strong shock wave
    And how was the damage on Kisame? You can be my gues and try to prove that this move is going to get trough Raikage's shield and not only that it can actualy HIT HIM. All Raikage needs to do is run around for some time and Gai drops by himself from 7 gates.

Quote Quote:
    that attack uses air preassure which is strong against lightning in narutoverse
    No lol. That is diferent. Wind based moves are something that cuts you up. Kisame had no cuts on him. If that was a futon-type attack Kisame would probably be missing body parts right now.
    Last edited by xXan; May 05, 2012 at 12:50 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast