Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask The "Mysterious" One~

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kanpai!!!

Bwahahaha I loved your reply to Gecko.

How long did it take you to type up all your replies? I took about 45 minutes with a drink break in between.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

What a long reply

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    How's it going, desu~

hahaha everyone around here knows me for reading One Piece and that's about it. I actually read a lot of titles, it's just that I mainly post in the OP boards and rarely post in the other main boards or mention anything about other titles. >< I had an account on myanimelist.net but I kind of forgot about it.

Anyway...the main ones I'm reading atm from A to Z:

Spoiler show

There are plenty I need to catch up on like:

Spoiler show

I'm sure you read some of them already. ;P So are you an independent translator, do you ride solo~~~ or do you work with a particular scanlation group when it comes to your translations and stuff?
    Whoa, that is a lot of Manga! Yeap I have read some of those, but you have a much longer reading list than mine What's your favourite out of them, after OP? And I know what you mean, I hardly post in the OP forums, though it's one of my favourites, so people think I don't read OP (wait that's a bad example as my sig is OP, hah). I don't really like the big forums, so I stick to the smaller ones

Yep I'm independent and don't work for any groups in particular. Any group's free to request, though I tend to be pretty picky about what I translate

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Googalee~

I'm doing good. Thanks for asking and you?

Good question. I kept an eye on the sig contests for a while...lurking there from time to time but never really thought about participating. I really liked the themes and the submissions and so...I slowly developed a keen interest in it. It was actually Farfalla that ended up persuading and forcing me to try the contest for one week. hahaha it was funny because it was the week in which Tsuki chose the "cooperation" theme and so all the participants worked in pairs (for the first time ever in the history of the contest ). I paired up with Farfalla and eventually won the "cooperation" themed contest. Awww~ Good times.

You should participate in the sig contest as well.
    Long post is long.O_O

Cool!I'm not really doing fine right now actually.I'm a bit sick,but it's ok.

I see!I thought you were doing sigs before,but it's thanks to Farfalla that you ended up with them.You are this good,even though you just started.I did not expect any less.

Nah,i'm no good at sigs.^^

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh sugar. It's Gecko. Dude. Your alive!?
    Yes I'm alive. As I said in some other person's thread, I just lurk...permanently (*points at name color*).

You know...you can request a username change once...and once again. Are you thinking of changing yours? If you, secretly, are...then pop by the Fun Forum because we're great at suggesting new usernames to mh members. Ask BiltzBaba.

You don't like the fact that I've changed my username again and again? You don't like "Bugzee"? What would you prefer me to be called then
    Nothing wrong with your current name, or any of your previous names. After all, you're active enough for everyone to recognize you anyway. Whenever I see you on the forums, I just think of you as "the guy who's changed his name a lot"

Anyway...about the q's:

First read my reply to Goodsy above me. Are you done? You like?

Ok, the next step:

Spoiler show
    Robin Land sounds...exotic. I shall be following your directions carefully, please make reservations at a local 5-star hotel for me. And, 16 year olds can be very evil indeed.

I'm just playin GK. It's nice to see you again. How's life? Anything new and fresh? How was your christmas?
    GK, that's a new abbreviation Nice to see you again too. Life is nervous, I get my exam results in a couple of days. The only things that are new and fresh are the things in my fridge that I bought after I returned from my vacation and the fact that I'm actually posting on the forums. Christmas in Europe was spectacular, massive buffet dinner

You know you should really meet the FF chibi's.
    FF?

My favourite tracks atm are:

- Kanye West - All of the Lights
    - Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
    - Tinie Tempah - Wonderman

What kind of music are you into, Gecko?
    I don't know the last two, but that first song is epic. So many big names: Elton John, Kanye West, Rihanna, Alicia Keys etc.

My taste in music is relatively mainstream, the stuff that you always hear on radio and see on T.V.

For some reason, I've been listening to this song a lot lately

I collect manga volumes/art books, money and LP's. I also kind of collect different types of art books. They don't have to be of the traditional kind. Graphic novels are another one I guess.
    Which manga/artbooks/graphic novels do you collect?

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thorny!!!!! How have you been, dude!?

I've been at an all time anime low. I've tried getting into the new stuff like star driver and so on but I just get bored watching them. Apart from the weekly OP episode (LOL!), I've actually picked up on Ergo Proxy a couple of days ago. It's really good. I like it so far. Oh and there's a couple of anime shows that Crimson suggested I should check out which I will do very soon. Gosick is another one I started watching. ^^

Thorny! There's this REALLY AWESOME anime movie that I want you and everybody reading this to check out but I can't reveal the name of the anime movie until I've finished up my sig submission for this current themed contest. So bare with me and I'll definitely let you know by the end of the week. It's one of the best anime movies I've watched.

I really need to make a new animelist account.
    I am great as ever . Ergo Proxy is as great anime. I liked it very much. I have heard about Gosick but already watching so many so I have added to the list.

About that movie, why the heck you have to make it so enticing and secretive at the same time . Could it be one of those Evangelion movie ...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

YES! A female member replied first! Wooot! This thread has a bright future. Thanks riki. =D

I don't really rush myself when making a sig or any other art-related pieces for that matter. Some take me a good 20-30 minutes other ones have taken me a couple of hours to even days lol. On average, I would say two hours. Yeah, I know. Too long to spend on a sig, right? Most of that time is wasted/used on finding the right pictures to work with or messing around on PS with the effects/features and seeing what works best with what. xD

As for my favourite(s)...well I really like them all (obviously) but from the one's I've either submitted for the sig contest(s) or shown on MH, I would say these five sigs:

Spoiler show

Oh yeah, I made this smexy Yoruichi sig for A_I a while back which I would consider a special favourite as well. If I had to choose one then it would definitely be the One Piece siganture. I still look at it sometimes in astonishment because I really didn't think it would end up looking so good.

So which one do you like the most?
    I like the last two the best. ^^

I know that Buggy is your favorite OP character. Why?
    Last edited by riki; January 20, 2011 at 07:34 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Kanpai!!!

Yes, no doubt about it! The current arc is the best one since the Pain arc imo. I'm looking forward to every chapter now.
    What your favorite arc in One Piece and do you think Kabuto has what it takes to be the next wanna be evil villain in Naruto universe.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

kashy in the house!!! You gotz money to blow~~~ ?

Orgz-kun, pretty much summed up OP the best here. You know a lot of people drop the manga real early around 15-20 chapters which is sad. You need a bit more patience with One Piece when you first start reading it. The Arlong Park Arc completely changed my perspective on manga as a whole. Seriously. I never imagined a manga would ever make me feel emotionally charged as that. One chapter: 81 Page: 12 to 15!

Link to chapter is here but I suggest you don't take a peek just yet. Read the manga from the start dude.

Read my reply to Gecko. The land of jin-jin-baka dreams~
    I never have money to blow.... it all goes to alcohol

I gotta go get myself a Gengar

Honestly, I never tried to read OP. I used to see the anime on TV and never liked it. I guess I'll try the manga some day and see how it is... Everyone seems to like the manga and dislike the anime anyway.

What's the name of the movie your sig is based on?
    Is it Black Rock Shooter?
    You know you take forever to finish your sigs

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Queen Chibi – You liked it?

hahahaha~ A very, very long time. I should’ve taken at least one break. =P

@ desu – Hmmm. That’s a toughie. I would say Air Gear (), Fairy Tail () and Vinland Saga (). Yeah, I think I should venture more outside of the FF and actually post in other boards besides OP. I wish I could help ya out in the Bakuman section with a few posts here and there but I stopped reading that manga. It became boring for me after the 30th chapter. >.<

How’s it going for you? What are your top 3 favourite mangas?

@ Googz-kun – Long post was fun to read I hope. Thanks dude. I think you should at least give it a go. Icey has participated before and now it’s your turn!

@ GK – I honestly preferred the green Gecko Moria. What happened to him? Nice custom title btw. Is Nel your favourite female manga/anime character!? It’s nice of you to care so much and notice me around MH. I read a short while ago that you lurk and do nothing else. Niiiiice. I use my first username as a tag now in all my sigs. As for the second one…well that’s now officially dead.

Yes. Robin Land is a very exotic place. Naniiii? Hotel? Not even a motel you know. Sowwy Gecko-kun. The memory bank that is “the land of jin jin baka” is very unique and delicate at the same time. No “outsiders” can penetrate nor invade that region. I already tipped you off though.

Good luck with your results! I’m sure you’ve done just fine. I don’t think you need to be so nervous or stressed about it. Hahaha, awesome! Where in Europe did you go? And what kind of buffet did you have? A bit of everything!?

FF = Fun Forum.

“All of the Lights” indeed is an epic song! Definitely my favourite track from Kanye’s latest LP. I like the MV and live performances of that song you linked.

I have a small manga collection atm consisting of One Piece, Vagabond and Eyeshield 21 volume books.

Most of my art books are for my uni studies. From art historian books to contemporary to simple picture books lol. I have a good batch of graphical art books from gaming, manga, marvel comics to random stuff I’ve picked up/purchased from shops. Some titles include: Afro Samurai ManiaXXX, SF20, art of capcom, Dragon Ball and the Transformers IDW collection series (1-2, 3 on preorder ). I’ve got my eyes set on purchasing the Strong World artbook one day lol and also that gorgeous Claymore “Memorabilia” art book as well.

Do you collect anything, Gecko?

@ Thorny – hehehe~ Just be patient dude. I’ll reveal it very soon~ Nope, it ain’t one of those Evangelion movies. I should actually check those out though.

@ riki – Buggy is the best. No Buggy…no epic shiz happens in OP. Buggy is One Piece. =P I’ve always liked the Clown since volume 2 hahaha. His just an overall fun character in OP. I guess I fell in love with his character during the Impel Down Arc. Once it was revealed that his bara bara no mi possessed the “flying” ability I was like

Luffy x Buggy combo’s and panels are the best. They’re always classic moments.

Oh and I love his voice in the anime. It’s zeeeeeeee BEST!

@ lordHokage – That’s a hard one. I would say the Impel Down and Marineford War arcs. They had EVERYTHING in it. Simply amazing! I will always cherish the Arlong Park arc though. That got me hooked to OP for life.

@ kashy – I’ll tell you, thorny and everybody else once I’ve finished up my sig. No it’s not BRS. I don’t take as long as Coffee~
    Last edited by Bugzee; January 27, 2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

And my name was in hot pink... Thaaaaaanksss..... Har. Har. Bloody. Har.

For your huge reply to everyone, I had to keep scrolling up and down to see what you were replying to.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not hot pink. Icey. It's magenta.

You're not the only one! xDDD! Why do you think I decided NOT to quote everyone!? It would've taken up the whole page again. xD!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Same difference!

How about using spoiler tags...? o.O

Hrm, have you read Akaboshi?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

@ desu – Hmmm. That’s a toughie. I would say Air Gear (), Fairy Tail () and Vinland Saga (). Yeah, I think I should venture more outside of the FF and actually post in other boards besides OP. I wish I could help ya out in the Bakuman section with a few posts here and there but I stopped reading that manga. It became boring for me after the 30th chapter. >.<

How’s it going for you? What are your top 3 favourite mangas?
    Ah, two that I don't read. I've been meaning to read Vinland Saga since I keep hearing good things about it, but I haven't had the time I read Fairy Tail, though ^^ It's generic, but fun nonetheless. Got a favourite character?

Aww, sorry to hear that you dropped Bakuman! But I guess I do have to agree it got a little repetitive after a certain point since in the end it's a repeat of different problems barring them from getting to their goal. I still like it (obviously), and would encourage you to give it another go if you've the time

Things have been alright for me, I guess, been kept busy translating Look at the MH front page (not the forum, lol) and you'll see some of the fruits of my labour

My top 3 manga would be Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece and... Hmm, this is a hard one but I'll probably go with Slam Dunk

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jin, congrats on your own thread!

I see you like FT, what's your favorite arc (the current one maybe?) and what's your favorite magic in it?

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    ... I don't really like the big forums...
    You just broke my heart...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    You just broke my heart...
    I'm sorry, Nuno.... *attempts to fix Nuno's heart*

Perhaps I should make an amendment: Big forums are safe to go into as long as the shield of compassion is around

Remember that too, Bugz, and go forth and post in boards other than OP and FF!

New Reply
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast