Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Googlez& The Fear Of Checking Your Thread!

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Googlez&!

Hey Googz finally started listening to Portugal The Man. Gotta say they are very good I like their sound should have started earlier.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like them!! What album/s did you listen to?I'm asking because each album is different, as they experiment a lot,especially in their earlier works( though each of them is still very good in its own right).
    Also,I don't know if you had the same feeling, but when listening to their music it feels like listening to an abstract painting of sorts. They use sounds,words and pictures(the album covers) to spark your imagination, creating all sorts of visual sensations, similiar to the late Beatles.(In fact, the Beatles influenced them a lot,but I guess you noticed that already.That is if you listened to their latest albums like In the Mountain in the Cloud.)

Btw. epic sig you got there!(Too bad I'm righthanded...)

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

For now I've only listened to The Satanic Satanist. I like to listen to only one album at a time and give some time for the music to grow inside me.
    Agree I like John's paintings and I realized he inspired you when it comes to use of colors XD
    They remind me a lot of pink floyd too. I'd say they kinda feel like a mix of Chili Peppers with that alternative feel and the progressive feel of pink floyd.

Thanks choose something colorful as it fits my mood lately. Not only life has been going well in all fields I finally took the courage to do what I really want not sure why I changed my mind in the first place though.

Gonna do exams for architecture and design instead of engineering. I mean as much as I'm good with maths and physics it doesn't make my heart race as when I see beautiful works of art.

Well whichever I get in I'm sure I'll be a lot more happy as they are very art related.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the suuuper late reply(there's a reason my thread is dead...)

Yeah,I guess Pink Floyd fits pretty well. When you listen to some of their other albums, you'll also notice Led Zeppelin and the Mars Volta vibes.
    So after listening to Satanic Satanist and In the Mountain in the Cloud, did you check out any other albums? One of my favourites is Censored Colors. Rather goes into the direction of soul and jazz with some psychedelic rock. American Ghetto is....strange. I don't really know how to describe it. It's simply weird. Waiter: You Vultures is probably even stranger, but not in the same way. It's crazy progressive rock. A lot rougher than their later albums.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I'm glad I recommended you a fitting band and I'm happy for you, as you're finally going the way your heart leads you and it even seems to work out.Great!

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Still have only listened to these two albums and some random songs from other albums. Gonna buy the other albums soon though.

Yeah I'm happy too even my parents told me I should never have gone with what others told me. Fuck if I'mon the verge of beocming homeless I can always work at a supermarket cashier.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Twilight Princess.

The boss battle is so amazing.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Paprika.

What an insightful piece of art.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I finished Twilight Princess.

The boss battle is so amazing.
    Argh, I feel so bad. Still haven't finished it. It's not that I don't have the time, but I just can't get myself to turn on the Wii and get back into it. I'm too focused on other things right now.
    I finished Paprika.

What an insightful piece of art.
    Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Did you get everything? Because everybody I know who watched it is at least a little confused or did not quite understand something. But that's why it gets better with every time you watch it. You keep discovering new things; little hints and funny details.

Triple Star Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Did you get everything? Because everybody I know who watched it is at least a little confused or did not quite understand something. But that's why it gets better with every time you watch it. You keep discovering new things; little hints and funny details.
    Huh? I (think I) understood everything. Maybe because I watched Inception?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh, I feel so bad. Still haven't finished it. It's not that I don't have the time, but I just can't get myself to turn on the Wii and get back into it. I'm too focused on other things right now.
    That's ok, I definitely understand that feeling. After the awesomeness that was Skyward Sword, I sort of had to force myself to play Twilight Princess again. It took me a while to get back into it. In the end, I think it was worth it. But you just have to do it when you feel like there's nothing better to do. XD I sound like an anti-Twilight Princess person now, but it's not true! It's an awesome game.

Well, I think I got the vast majority of what was going on. The only thing that got a little confusing to me was when reality started to cross with the dreamworld in the last 30 minutes or so of the movie. Was it really crossing over, or was it just happening inside of their heads? (Haha this reminds me of a VERY similar situation in the last novel of Harry Potter. How weird. XD) Maybe you could explain that one part to me a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Huh? I (think I) understood everything. Maybe because I watched Inception?
    Yeah! Haha. The entire time I was thinking "damnnn. Inception kind of ripped this anime off a little bit."

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Paprika is so over rated, I said it!!

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought it lived up to the expectations Googz and Uste set out for it quite well! Despite having extremely high expectations for it, I was not disappointed at all. I thought it was very unique and well done.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you watch paranoia agent?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Did you watch paranoia agent?
    Required watching IMO

Triple Star Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! Haha. The entire time I was thinking "damnnn. Inception kind of ripped this anime off a little bit."
    It's pretty funny when you think about all the people who are all "wtf Inception" and you are like "Bitch, watch Paprika".

Oh, I thought it lived up to the expectations Googz and Uste set out for it quite well! Despite having extremely high expectations for it, I was not disappointed at all. I thought it was very unique and well done.
    Yes. I really loved the freaky parade~

New Reply
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast