Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ikkaku

68 77.27%
  • Aaroniero

20 22.73%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Madarame Ikkaku vs Aaroniero Arruruerie

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madarame Ikkaku vs Aaroniero Arruruerie

Ikkaku vs. Aaroniero

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Ikkaku

Madarame Ikkaku is the 3rd Seat of the 11th Division in the Gotei 13. His captain is Zaraki Kenpachi. Ikkaku is a stereotypical 11th Division member — violent, fight-loving, and rude. Ikkaku considers fighting fun, just as his captain does, and tries to get as much fun as he can out of his opponents, so much so that he would take deadly risks to drag out the fight for as long as possible.

With his shikai command is "Grow," his zanpakutō, Hōzukimaru, becomes what looks like a naginata, but Ikkaku can use "Split" command to separate his naginata into its true form which is a Sansetsukon. Ikkaku's bankai, Ryūmon Hōzukimaru, gets increasingly more powerful as the fight drags on, interestingly different from most of the other bankai.
    Aaroniero

Aaroniero Arruruerie is the ninth Espada and last of the first-generation Espada. He has two skulls suspended in an unknown fluid contained in a glass tank for a head. Having been a Gillian before becoming an Arrancar, he rose in power by devouring the hollows, acquiring their abilities, power, and knowledge in the process. By absorbing the hollow Metastacia, Aaroniero also gained access to the abilities, knowledge, and even physical characteristics of Shiba Kaien and his zanpakutō, Nejibana, which can create and manipulate torrents of water. Upon the release of his own zanpakutō, Glotonería, Aaroniero transforms into a massive, monstrous blob and gains access to all of his absorbed abilities at once.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by igotthegoods; January 19, 2011 at 06:13 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ipoopshootingstars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madarame Ikkaku vs Aaroniero Arruruerie

Ikkaku wins this fight with realitive ease. His bankai is just too overwhelming for this level of an opponent.
    Yes it hurts

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This one is tricky. Aaroneiro weilding Nejibana will be more than enough to keep Ikkaku on guard. But ikkaku is a quicker and more experienced fighter than Rukia so maybe he wont have such a hard time. But that's not even considering bankai yet for me.

With bankai Ikkaku is in position to do serious damage to the least durable of the espada. With a full charge up I see Ikkaku as a threat to anyone. He took out Edorads attack and went straight on through the rest of his body.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikkaku. I might have given it to the espada... provided we knew virtually ANY of his 30000 abilities. >>

All we really got on him is Kaien and his water trident. Suffice to say, more than that is necessary to stop Ikkaku's Bankai.

However #9 might be able to pull a win... If he had the hollow that absorbed Kaien's OTHER ability. You remember it, the one which allows you to, once a day, completely and utterly destroy a Zanpakuto by touch. Ikkaku's going to be boned barehanded, least durable espada or not, particularly if he waits to go bankai again. However I'm not sure if he even still has that ability, or the mechanics behind his absorbing Kaien to say the least...

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming there is no stupidity on arroniero's part then he should have quite an easy victory IMO. Seriously, this guy was a espada. In a straight fight ikkaku does not have a sliver of a chance in hell of getting near the tank. Rukia was grossly overwhelmed by him, she only got lucky.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

True but a major part of Arroniero's strength while fighting Rukia was based on Kaien's abilities not his own. Arroniero's ability outside of Kaien's was simply his release which used the power from all the hollows he consumed. Although it would take Ikkaku a while to use his bankai no doubt, he should have the upperhand in this fight. Arroniero's weakness is his head, you break his head, he dies, though I doubt Ikkaku would do that so quickly if at all. He's more like Zaraki and likes to actually fight his opponents, but his sheer power would be enough to take Arroniero down as long as his pride and blood thirst were kept in check.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    Ikkaku wins this fight with realitive ease. His bankai is just too overwhelming for this level of an opponent.
    You mean the same Ban Kai that struggled to put down a Fraccion? Still I voted for Ikkaku. Not cause he's stronger than the Espada but because #9 is an idiot. I consider these people's personalities as much as anything else. He'd somehow end up getting his glass jar chopped off by Ikkaku after beating his tail for a while.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I went for the Espada. The guy should be able to disintegrate Ikkaku's Zan just like Kaien. Even if he can't, for whatever reason, he's still an Espada, and FAR stronger than Edorad. Ikkaku busted his sword against a Fraccion when they collided, how could he beat Aaroniero?

I'm not sure why someone has already said that Aaroniero is stupid, he was trying to get Rukia to kill her friends, and even once he was discovered, he was just mindfucking her because of her connection to Kaien. Ikkaku has no common ally that Aaroniero has absorbed, that means he'll have no need to pull on him what he did to Rukia.

Also, Rukia was HORRIBLY outclassed, she got lucky, and won for the plot. In a battle thread where you should compare things based on abilities, and not plot purpose, he'd win every time.

If Ikkaku struggles at ALL versus a Fraccion, it's clear he won't be beating an Espada.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He didn't struggle once he released his bankai he killed that arrancar fairly quickly. Problem was he waited until he was half dead to use his bankai. Had he used it from the get-go I think he would defeated that arrancar without having his bankai broken in the process. You can blame his crap shikai and unwillingness to use his bankai. Also, who's to say exactly how big of a difference in power there was between fraccions and the 9th espada.

I don't think Rukia's victory was 100% plot. It's true that the final dance thing was luck, but she could have potentially finished him when she fired that chanted hadou 73. If I remember correctly even Aaroniero asked her why she aimed it at the wall instead of himself because it would have injured him.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; January 25, 2011 at 12:53 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cool_inuyasha_girl View Post
    True but a major part of Arroniero's strength while fighting Rukia was based on Kaien's abilities not his own. Arroniero's ability outside of Kaien's was simply his release which used the power from all the hollows he consumed. Although it would take Ikkaku a while to use his bankai no doubt, he should have the upperhand in this fight. Arroniero's weakness is his head, you break his head, he dies, though I doubt Ikkaku would do that so quickly if at all. He's more like Zaraki and likes to actually fight his opponents, but his sheer power would be enough to take Arroniero down as long as his pride and blood thirst were kept in check.
    Kaien's ability is arroniero's ability... Arroniero consumed everything of kaien down to his every memory. His release allowed him to use every ability he had which also includes negibana. Personally I don't think ikkaku is anywhere near the captain or at least he is not any closer than most VCs safe from bankai. I don't think he'd be able to keep up with arroniero at all, he could not even keep up with a measly fraccion....

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    He didn't struggle once he released his bankai he killed that arrancar fairly quickly. Problem was he waited until he was half dead to use his bankai. Had he used it from the get-go I think he would defeated that arrancar without having his bankai broken in the process. You can blame his crap shikai and unwillingness to use his bankai. Also, who's to say exactly how big of a difference in power there was between fraccions and the 9th espada.
    Very true, I've mentioned it before in Ikkaku's defense in other threads that his severe injuries caused a decrease in power, don't know why I disregarded it now.

However, it's been illustrated before that Ikkaku's Bankai is a big chunk of energy, but not all that durable. He may not have busted his Zan if he was 100%, but I bet it gets some pretty bad dents.

If the Fraccions were better than Aaroniero, they probably would have been Espada themselves. I know Aaroniero isn't the best Espada, but rather the one with the most potential. Still, he completely manhandled Rukia throughout the whole fight, which at the bare minimum shows that he would likely knock Ikkaku around pretty bad in his unreleased state. Important to note that Ikkaku cannot use Kido either, so it's just a pure sword fight.

Quote Quote:
    I don't think Rukia's victory was 100% plot. It's true that the final dance thing was luck, but she could have potentially finished him when she fired that chanted hadou 73. If I remember correctly even Aaroniero asked her why she aimed it at the wall instead of himself because it would have injured him.
    Yes, but the whole reason he left himself open was because he was still going with the "mindfuck plan". Against Ikkaku, I doubt his attitude would be even remotely the same.

I'm not 100% sure on what Aaroniero's release is actually good for here, as access to all of his abilities can't be used for a win because we've seen none of them :P

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikkaku has enough power to take down the least impressive Espada. Espada yes but Aaroneiro really showed nothing exclusive enough to take down someone with a bankai. He even lost to Rukia's shikai, irrespective of the manner. He still lost the battle. Ikkaku has proficient speed, strength, and mobility to compete with his resurrection.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; January 25, 2011 at 01:46 AM.

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    If the Fraccions were better than Aaroniero, they probably would have been Espada themselves. I know Aaroniero isn't the best Espada, but rather the one with the most potential. Still, he completely manhandled Rukia throughout the whole fight, which at the bare minimum shows that he would likely knock Ikkaku around pretty bad in his unreleased state. Important to note that Ikkaku cannot use Kido either, so it's just a pure sword fight.
    I didn't say the fraccions were better, I said that the power gap between them in the 9th espada could be minimal for all we know.

Quote Quote:
    Yes, but the whole reason he left himself open was because he was still going with the "mindfuck plan". Against Ikkaku, I doubt his attitude would be even remotely the same.
    Yeah, the very fact that Aaroneiro focused more on "mindfucking" Rukia rather than just outright defeating her actually tells me the dude wasn't that strong. Granted that at first he was trying to get her to go and attack her comrades, but after it was clear that wasn't going to work I don't see why he chose to continue that whole charade.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with Ikkaku.

A good hit on Aaroniero's ugly face will do it~

Well, Ikkaku will probably want to drag the fight some at first, but when he sees himself pressured...he will go all out. They are alone here, so Ikkaku will not hesitate to use his Bankai, and we know that Ikkaku fights to the death. Further, I don't think that Aaroniero is known for being extremely durable, so yeah. In all fairness though, Aaroniero's resurreccion could be dangerous, but the fact that his released state is seriously lacking in feats really does not help his case....

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I didn't say the fraccions were better, I said that the power gap between them in the 9th espada could be minimal for all we know.
    Yeah, but it's speculation either way.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, the very fact that Aaroneiro focused more on "mindfucking" Rukia rather than just outright defeating her actually tells me the dude wasn't that strong. Granted that at first he was trying to get her to go and attack her comrades, but after it was clear that wasn't going to work I don't see why he chose to continue that whole charade.
    Why is that? Aizen mindfucked people all the time, doesn't mean he's weak. Aaroniero had a way to manipulate Rukia, so he took it. Not really any different than Aizen, Hinamori, and Hitsu.

And he continued with it because if your opponent is mindfucked, they'll be fighting predictably and recklessly. He HAD her beat, he lost because he had to.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast