Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: One Piece is with luffy all along

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Syzerd's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece is with luffy all along

I doubt it is something material, Oda think of that before he started writing the story, he still have lots of time to optimize his inicial idea, and the way i know him, its going to be something we never imaged of.

However i think that it has something to do with the Straw Hat, but not the SH himself, something like when Goku needed to reach the top of the Sacred Tower and he needed his Streching Stick (idk the real name=P)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of thought that Ace and Rouge was One Piece since One Piece is about intangible treasures rather than actual treasures and Gol D. Roger would consider his family to be more valuable than any treasure.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
    I kind of thought that Ace and Rouge was One Piece since One Piece is about intangible treasures rather than actual treasures and Gol D. Roger would consider his family to be more valuable than any treasure.
    U gave me a odd theory .
    One piece is a Devil Fruit with the power of ressurection

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    U gave me a odd theory .
    One piece is a Devil Fruit with the power of ressurection
    lol hate freaking zombies

no resurrection of the dead
    CLEANED

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but no. Roger asked WB if he wanted to know where one piece is and how to get there. meaning its hidden in a place somewhere.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ExRachel's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: One Piece is with luffy all along

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Roger had the strawhat even when he was a kid; before the "golden era". Before the Roger Pirates conquered the GL. It's definitely Luffy's prized possession but I don't think it is "One Piece". <_<
    I disagree with you, Remember his speech? "You want GREATEST Treasure?' If he had that straw hat all his life, obviously it would be his greatest treasure, before we was the World leader of those pirates he has that, sailing on adventures, I think When Gol. D Roger says it's in that place, That its secured by someone he can trust. Luffy is a pretty trustworthy person, and what if in the straw hat he finds this not saying "you're beholding One piece"
    Therefore the srawhat can be the trasure.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh come on. One Piece is not the hat. There have been many posts stating facts that disproves the possibility. A warped interpretation of what Roger said is hardly evidence for it either. Also, if there is a note in the hat saying 'you're beholding One Piece', I would also expect to see 'you've been trolled' written right next to it.
    Last edited by Freid; April 12, 2014 at 08:04 AM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Balearic Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Sunny have no scratches even though it's being roughed up by the Grandline. it's a manga...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're quite confused. I said if there was actually a note in the hat which said 'You're beholding One Piece', then I would also expect to see 'you've been trolled' written right next to it; not anything about whether a note can actually be kept there all those years without being noticed. But if I must comment on that then that would be hella retarded. What do you even think would happen. Like is it invisible and would just become visible. Maybe it would need some pixie dust or something.
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

If One piece is going to the Straw Hat.Them ima stop watching OP as of now lolol.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

People here must read the manga again and stop being irrational for good. You may also watch the last episode and hear Whitebeard's last words on One Piece.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

One piece is your dream

if you reach it then it is what one piece is for you

but anyways, we can really expect real treasures both physical and mental(knowledge) I guess. but I really wonder since both shanks and buggy have been there(raftel). can't buggy discuss it a bit more lol
    CLEANED

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    One piece is your dream

if you reach it then it is what one piece is for you

but anyways, we can really expect real treasures both physical and mental(knowledge) I guess. but I really wonder since both shanks and buggy have been there(raftel). can't buggy discuss it a bit more lol
    I agree about one piece partly being about reaching your greatest dream and also being something material. Also, from what I remember Buggy DID mention One Piece. He said he wasn't interested in it which should tell us its nothing monetarily valuable (since Buggy is only interested in gold and treasure that's worth money). So he must know what it is too even though he's not talking about it. We also found out that he wanted to keep the fact that he was on Gol D. Roger's ship a secret to keep a low profile and not be chased by powerful marines/bounty hunters. So it's possible that the reason he isn't bragging about what one piece is, is because of what happens whenever it's mentioned (Just look at Sengoku's face when Whitebeard mentions it just before his death).

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think it's a pic of Rouge and Ace.

Some people refuse to hear it might have anything to do with Ace but it's not going to be some extravagant treasure; it's going to be something small and sentimental which will have significant meaning to Luffy. Something concerning Ace wouldn't have any greater meaning to Roger or Luffy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece is the Ancient Kingdom.

One Piece is not a treasure, it does not have anything to do with Roger's most valuable possession, be it his strawhat or a Portgas D. Rouge picture, and neither is it meant to be something materialistically gratifying for the person that finds it. One Piece, the will of 'D' and the distant Great War are all interlinked.

Whitebeard says on this page that Teach is not the one Roger is 'waiting' for. This implies that the idea of One Piece extends beyond it supposedly being a reward of some kind. There is a task that needs fulfilling which one particular person is destined for. This person would find One Piece, otherwise known as 'The Ancient Kingdom'. The discovery would be the catalyst for the greatest war ever to be seen.

Whitebeard's final words foreshadowed what One Piece is. They were: 'Sengoku, you people of the world government are living in fear of that great battle that will someday engulf the entire world. Though it's nothing to do with me, when somebody finally finds that treasure, the world will be turned upside down. Oh yes, it will be found. That day will come without a doubt'.

The discovery of One Piece, as implied by these words, is going to be the trigger for the future catastrophic war that will engulf the world, which the World Government are afraid of. The World Government are aware of what One Piece is. During Whitebeard's final proclamation, Sengoku gets agitated by Whitebeard insisting that One Piece will definitely be found. This suggests that the World Government are fully aware of what One Piece is, and its discovery is significant also to them. If One Piece were the Ancient Kingdom itself, then its finding would be highly consequential and meaningful to them, considering the fact that we have been explicitly shown that any potential knowledge of it warrants death.

Moreover, here, just before Professor Clover was able to mention the name of the Ancient Kingdom, he was shot dead. Why did Oda intentionally keep the name a mystery to us? What other name can the Ancient Kingdom possibly be called, for Oda to expressly decide to keep it anonymous? Roger also referred to One Piece as a place, when talking to Whitebeard.

The real purpose of Roger initiating the pirate age was in certainty that amongst the many that set sail, a particular person would emerge to inherit his will and find One Piece; The Ancient Kingdom. With the discovery of the Ancient Kingdom, the truth would be unveiled, and the war that Whitebeard predicted will take place upon the uncovering of One Piece. 'A man will come forth to challenge the world' and The Government will once again attempt to eradicate what is left of the Ancient Kingdom but history will be rewritten.
    Last edited by Freid; April 12, 2014 at 08:03 AM.
    Why So Serious?

19. Thanks 23 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast