Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chaser and the Chased

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: iPho

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    I'll go revive it after lunch! There's something I want to ask you guys anyway.
    Thanks for reviving the thread! I'll check it out in a bit. Please make your way towards the Otaku Culture section. T^T

Quote Quote:
    I think I'll start reading One Piece next holidays... Hopefully...
    Waaaaaat? You said you would start reading One Piece this summer!? Meanie.

Who's your favourite ES21 character?

Quote Quote:
    My favourite hot drink would be hot chocolate or tea... Or a caramel latte with a big scoop of cookies and cream ice-cream in it.
    Who doesn't like hot chocolate!?

- Do you legally purchase music online?
    - What was the last album you purchased or legally downloaded?
    - Do you read any magazines on a regular basis?
    - Looking forward to year 11?
    - Are you the only one that reads manga in your family?
    - Purple, white, black, pink or blue?
    - Pink or pink? or pink?
    - What about light pink then?
    - Have you ever been fishing? o.O

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Thanks for reviving the thread! I'll check it out in a bit. Please make your way towards the Otaku Culture section. T^T
    No probs!
    And will do! After I finish typing this up.

Quote Quote:
    Waaaaaat? You said you would start reading One Piece this summer!? Meanie.
    What? Sorry! I guess some other mangas just popped up and I decided to read them first. >_>

Quote Quote:
    Who's your favourite ES21 character?
    Hiruma all the way!! and Kakei. How about you?

Quote Quote:
    Who doesn't like hot chocolate!?
    I know, right?!

Quote Quote:
    - Do you legally purchase music online?
    - What was the last album you purchased or legally downloaded?
    - Do you read any magazines on a regular basis?
    - Looking forward to year 11?
    - Are you the only one that reads manga in your family?
    - Purple, white, black, pink or blue?
    - Pink or pink? or pink?
    - What about light pink then?
    - Have you ever been fishing? o.O
    - Yes I do.
    - Last album I purchased: 2PM - 1:59PM
    - No, I don't read any magazines.
    - Freaking scared about the homework load, but I'm looking forward to learn new stuff and seeing my friends again on a daily basis.
    - I'm an only child, so yes, I'm the only one in my immediate family who reads manga. I'm not sure about my relatives in China, but I think my cousin does, or at least used to... since he saw my Gaara plushie and knew who he was and he randomly said "Bankai" once.
    - Erm... blue.
    - Green.
    - Light green, you say?
    - No, I haven't been... I was going to go crabbing once, but I got sick about 3 days before the day... I didn't go in the end, since my mum thought that I would get even more ill from the cold.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, have you tried to make ice cream with liquid nitrogen?
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. O_O Have you?

That mango, peach and orange sorbet I was talking about was the first time I've ever made ice cream/sorbet.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, tried that out a couple of years ago in chemistry class.

I must honestly say that it was the tastiest (and most expensive) ice cream I've ever eaten.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow! What flavour was it? How was it the tastiest? Was the texture smooth and creamy like no other or something?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It was incredibly smooth and creamy, and it tasted like cream vanilla.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmm, that sorbet sounds tasty!

Do you cook much? What else can you cook/do you like to make? Any specialties?

Oh, and hi!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delayed arrival to your thread. I was side tracked. D:

Where would you like to visit thats not china nor korea nor japan, in fact ill rephrase the question. Where would you most like to visit outside of Asia/Oceania? ;C

What do you want to do when you grow up in the future Okay that was a bit mean of me xDD

Edit: Oh yea, give ys 5 reasons why someone should listen to kpop?
    Certified Mafia Game Shit Talker

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a flavour together. They're not separate flavours. Also yep, what riki said. You should definitely try it one day! It's soooo good! I actually have two tubs of it in the freezer right now. (One of them is almost empty, of course. >_>)

Hmm... I'm actually not so sure about DGM anymore... (Sorry riki. ) Since it went monthly and the drawing style changed, I had quite a hard time following it... But I still love the Ark in Edo arc and the Zombie arc. Actually, I think Bakuman and Sket Dance are creeping into my top 5 manga. I would always be so happy when there are new chapters of them released.
    I seeMakes more sense that way.Damn you Ice!Stop it,you're making my mouth water againI have to try it.

Yeah,DGM kind of turned into a mess...and knowing Hoshino,who is always in a hurry,i guess even the monthly schedule looks messy
    Those arcs were quite cool.I also liked the Alma flashback!That was fantastic.
    I agree with you on Bakuman(looking forward to the new chapter),but i haven't read Sket Dance yet(i know,i know,i definitly have to read it,but i don't have much time)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chibiphoenix, just wanted to bump in into everyone's thread once in a while

Do you have any kind of favorite sports to do or watch?

And don't let Googz hit on you, I see him getting to that certain tone already
    (And this must be the most cheerful/smiley heavy thread of all times )

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Mmmmm, that sorbet sounds tasty!

Do you cook much? What else can you cook/do you like to make? Any specialties?

Oh, and hi!
    Hi! Thanks for dropping by.
    I usually cook lunch for myself if my parents aren't home, and egg is usually the only ingredients I actually HAVE that I can work with, so I can cook egg in about about 10 different ways. (With the occasional help of bread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Sorry for the delayed arrival to your thread. I was side tracked. D:

Where would you like to visit thats not china nor korea nor japan, in fact ill rephrase the question. Where would you most like to visit outside of Asia/Oceania? ;C

What do you want to do when you grow up in the future Okay that was a bit mean of me xDD

Edit: Oh yea, give ys 5 reasons why someone should listen to kpop?
    Impy. I have been waiting for your arrival. *Swivels around in my spinny chair and strokes an imaginary cat.*

Aw come on, not Asia at all? D: If you just said 'not China, Korea or Japan'... I would've picked Malaysia, Thailand or Singapore. But now that you have striked out all of Asia... Probably Spain, England, Italy or the US.

When I grow up, be on TV, people know me, be on magazines ♫ My mum and dad, being the Asian parents that they are, want me to be a doctor. I'm ok with that, so I'll aim for that... but if I fail, pharmacy maybe? And if I fail that as well, at least something to do with science. I actually have no idea what I want to be yet, so yeahhh... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I seeMakes more sense that way.Damn you Ice!Stop it,you're making my mouth water againI have to try it.

Yeah,DGM kind of turned into a mess...and knowing Hoshino,who is always in a hurry,i guess even the monthly schedule looks messy
    Those arcs were quite cool.I also liked the Alma flashback!That was fantastic.
    I agree with you on Bakuman(looking forward to the new chapter),but i haven't read Sket Dance yet(i know,i know,i definitly have to read it,but i don't have much time)
    Try it, try it, try it!! And when you have, tell me what you think!

Ooh yeah!! I should reread that bit... with it being monthly, the previous chapters are all fuzzy in my memory.
    I'm looking forward to the new Bakuman chapter too!! Since Sleepyfans has disbanded, IEM is the only group doing Baku now.
    You haven't read Sket Dance?! You say you have no time? Yet you were reading a manga where the dude randomly started levitating in class and floated out of the room through a window... (Wait, was that you? >_>)

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    Hi Chibiphoenix, just wanted to bump in into everyone's thread once in a while

Do you have any kind of favorite sports to do or watch?

And don't let Googz hit on you, I see him getting to that certain tone already
    (And this must be the most cheerful/smiley heavy thread of all times )
    Hi Rofl!! Nice to see you here!

For your sports question, the answer can be found here. (In the reply to Kakashi.)

O rly?

And yes! Smiley spam is good spam.

Last edited by Iceiphoenix; January 22, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ni hao~!!

Ahahahaa, I only knew about KT because of a drama that Kame and Aka were in (Gokusen 2)... I decided to listen to their music a while later and I liked what I heard. I also like NEWS as well. Because of Yamapi.
    Ah, Gokusen 2. I've only watched Gokusen 1, I prefer MatsuJun and Oguri Shun and the rest of the Gokusen 1 cast, but then again I only watched a few minutes of Gokusen 2 ^^;; I used to like NEWS a lot, but then I discovered Arashi, and all the NEWS love like, dissolved And if you have never heard of Arashi, you really need to, and you need to watch some of their variety shows

Quote Quote:
    I don't really watch Japanese variety shows, but I've watched a few episodes of Tokyo Friend Park 2. (The ones with TVXQ, Sato Takeru and Yamapi. )
    Ohooo, my absolute favourite Johnny's boy would be too hard to decide... so I'll just say that my favourites are what I like to call... "The Holy Trinity of Y.A.K." What Y.A.K. stands for, you ask? Yamapi, Akanishi and Kamenashi.
    TFP is epic fun I love all the games on that show. But like you, I only watch it when my favourite people are on. I used to watch a lot of Jap variety shows and music shows, but I stopped because of exams (and because I was more caught up in anime and manga) and never started up again... I would however totally recommend Arashi no Shukudai-kun ~ it's hilarious! Also VS Arashi. Have I mentioned I'm a big fan of Arashi?

Oh yeah, you do know that Jin has left KT already right? :/ I've always felt that KAT-TUN was more like KA and t-tun because Kame and Jin get too much attention

Quote Quote:
    Actually, I only got into ABS because of some anime OPs... so I haven't heard of T.M.Revolution. I'll check them out soon~!
    You like abs and you've never heard of T.M.R!? Blasphemy, I say!

You know that short dude that sings for abs? He is Takanori Takanori Makes Revolution = T.M.Revolution. He's been around for years and has sung a number of anime OPs himself, before forming abs in like 2007 or something (can't remember). Now he does both but at this moment he is focusing more on his solo work aka TMR Check him out, he's pretty awesome and has a great composer working with him!

And I swear my itunes is listening to me type - when I talked about Arashi it played me an Arashi song, and when I started typing about TMR it played a TMR song

Quote Quote:
    Fanservice is always awesome.
    Ikr?

Blai be lucky.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, yes indeed I have. In 2009, my friend and I flew to Shanghai to see TVXQ's Mirotic Concert! (We didn't fly there just to see them... We were going to go there to visit our relatives anyway. ) I think it was the last concert they performed together at, before the lawsuit.
    I see you're a huge fan of TVXQ! I have a lot of friends who are their fans too haha. I listen to their Japanese songs How was the concert? Was there fanservice?

Oh and I noticed you started (?) proof-reading for Muda!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried douhua? If so, do you like it sweet or savory?

I like mine sweet. My mom would make a sweet and spicy ginger sauce and serve it over the soft tofu.

Do you like eating traditional Chinese foods or fusion-type (e.g. General Tso, crab rangoons, etc.)?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Warning: Big wall of text coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Ah, Gokusen 2. I've only watched Gokusen 1, I prefer MatsuJun and Oguri Shun and the rest of the Gokusen 1 cast, but then again I only watched a few minutes of Gokusen 2 ^^;; I used to like NEWS a lot, but then I discovered Arashi, and all the NEWS love like, dissolved And if you have never heard of Arashi, you really need to, and you need to watch some of their variety shows
    I've watched Gokusen 1, 2 and 3. If you don't mind the cheesiness, it's a pretty good series. Ahh, I only started watching Gokusen because of Jun. My friend invited me over one day because she had bought a lot of new dramas from Singapore. She told me what each was about and who's in them, and I chose Gokusen because I saw Jun on the cover. Out of the 3 Gokusen series, I think I like the cast of Gokusen 2 is the best. But then again... Miura Haruma was a main in Gokusen 3...

Quote Quote:
    TFP is epic fun I love all the games on that show. But like you, I only watch it when my favourite people are on. I used to watch a lot of Jap variety shows and music shows, but I stopped because of exams (and because I was more caught up in anime and manga) and never started up again... I would however totally recommend Arashi no Shukudai-kun ~ it's hilarious! Also VS Arashi. Have I mentioned I'm a big fan of Arashi?
    Yeah~! But it's a pain to find the videos online. Either it's not veru up to date, or the ones I really want to watch aren't available. Ack, exams! I should probably stop slacking for the next two years...
    Ohoho~ I'll keep those in mind for when my internet is uncapped. >_>
    So far, you've mentioned Arashi 5 times, so, yes~ You have subtly mentioned that you're a big fan of Arashi.

Quote Quote:
    Oh yeah, you do know that Jin has left KT already right? :/ I've always felt that KAT-TUN was more like KA and t-tun because Kame and Jin get too much attention
    Ah yeah. >.< I saw some pictured from his American debut... Haha yeah... I actually only know Kame and Jin from KAT-TUN.

Quote Quote:
    You like abs and you've never heard of T.M.R!? Blasphemy, I say!

You know that short dude that sings for abs? He is Takanori Takanori Makes Revolution = T.M.Revolution. He's been around for years and has sung a number of anime OPs himself, before forming abs in like 2007 or something (can't remember). Now he does both but at this moment he is focusing more on his solo work aka TMR Check him out, he's pretty awesome and has a great composer working with him!
    I'm sorry!! DD: I actually only listen to their songs, but I haven't really looked that much into them. >_< What are your favourite songs from abs and TMR? Actually, I'll chuck in Arashi, KT and NEWS as well with that question.

Quote Quote:
    And I swear my itunes is listening to me type - when I talked about Arashi it played me an Arashi song, and when I started typing about TMR it played a TMR song
    Bahahahaha Your iTunes knows you too well!

Quote Quote:
    I see you're a huge fan of TVXQ! I have a lot of friends who are their fans too haha. I listen to their Japanese songs How was the concert? Was there fanservice?
    Hahaha yes!! (When they were together, they were the awesomest, but I guess they're pretty awesome when they're split in two as well! ) I listen to their Korean songs more. I don't have many of their Japanese songs, but my friend (who is a huuuuge fan of them) has basically all their songs. ALL. THEIR. SONGS. Every single one. Even ones from OSTs, random solos, concert only songs, you name it.
    Anyway, the concert was awesome~ But My throat was so sore after wards. I went with two of my friends, and out seats were pretty good. they were to the side, but we had a really good view~! Some of the people behind us heard us speaking English and they asked where we were from... They were pretty shocked when they found out that we're from Australia! Anyway, there wasn't really much fanservice, it was more like fans overreacting... Basically, when the favourite fan pairing sang together, there would be double the amount of screaming.

Quote Quote:
    Oh and I noticed you started (?) proof-reading for Muda!
    Yes. Yes I did! I only started a couple of weeks ago though. I mainly proof for I Eat Manga. (I'm now a typesetter too! ) But I think I've bitten more than I could chew, since I joined Chibi Manga as well and now I'm up to my neck in TLs in need of a proofread. Bad decision... a very bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Have you tried douhua? If so, do you like it sweet or savory?

I like mine sweet. My mom would make a sweet and spicy ginger sauce and serve it over the soft tofu.

Do you like eating traditional Chinese foods or fusion-type (e.g. General Tso, crab rangoons, etc.)?
    Oh! I love that stuff! I like it sweet, with the syrup you mentioned! I usually have it for desert if I ever go to have Yum Cha~ I don't think I've ever tried it savoury though...

I like both of them. Fusion's a nice change, but traditional will always be... well, traditional. In Shanghai last year, I went to this really nice modern Sichuan restaurant. All their food was really out there, but everyone in my extended family loved the food~ Apparently you have to book a few months in advance to get a big table. It's so popular that there was a huge line to get in!
    Oh yeah, I wiki'ed General Tso and crab rangoons, and since they're both American Chinese, I've never heard of them. But I often see and eat stuff that's similar to those.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast