Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Something interesting in Teresa's generation with AB

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something interesting in Teresa's generation with AB

I agree with you partly. However, once again, her actions speak louder than her words. The first time in Rabona she specifically warned Cid and Gaul to leave her and the yoma so they wouldn't get killed and ended up severely wounded on account of it.

When she met Ophelia she was shocked at Opehlia's attitude that it was OK to kill humans as long as there were no witnesses.

Raki is human and she took him in after he was "booted" out of his village even though she really didn't have to.

She again came to Rabona's aid with the Ghosts and again tried to get Cid and Co to back off so they wouldn't get killed.

She may come across like a gruff, uncaring person towards humans, but her actions betray her. Even her excuse for finding Raki to "say goodbye" is lame because there is no way in hades that Raki would just let her go away, especially after growing "huge" and more capable. She had to have know this so this goodbye thing really doesn't hold water.
    Last edited by rcfalcon; April 29, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    I just don't know if Clare really cares about what the Org is doing or in what thus happens to the humans.

Yes, Clare did stop her sword from taking off Raki's head (DAMMNIT! Clare you idiot, why'd you not decapitate him in ch 1 ??? !!!!! ARGH!!! J/K, hehe ), and she would probably protect humans and not kill them, but that's merely more simply because that's her role/duty as a Claymore, than really personally wanting to help/save/protect humans herself.

The manga/Galatea did say how Clare was bothered when Miria told her that all this nightmare and problems, could be the Org's doing... and that the Claymores->Awakeneds were just a "bio-weapons research and development" project.

I just personally see Clare caring more about the Claymores than humans, as she really has no allegience or bonds left to the humans and the human world:

Teresa to Clare: ~"Live as a human, live with humans, and die a human. That must be the greatest happiness"... (my own -Teresa's- understanding and yearning of/for happiness)

Clare stripping off her clothes in front of the Rokut townsfolk to Teresa, crying/screaming: NO!!!.. ~"I don't want nice shoes! I don't want nice clothes! [I don't want to be a human!] I just want to be with TERESA FOREVER!"
    I realise that this is an old thread but I had a few thoughts about the clare/detroyer blob etc...

Firstly though; I think I have to agree that Clare does care about humans, especially their relationships with claymores etc and definitely would have trouble in having to kill humans. As we see in her first time in Robona, Clare is perhaps nicer than most would be to the priests and such even after her general treatment from all involved. I do think however that generally speaking, she is far too caught up in her own revenge for Teresa to get too involved in Miria's revenge against the organisation and everything that we have so far learnt of it. Clare was perhaps a happy child whilst her family was alive but imagine the horror of the rest of her life until she meets Teresa? The relationship that is then established must have been truly treasured for both for their own reasons. To have lost it so soon, would have been pretty shattering I'd imagine. No wonder she sought revenge....

I'd have to disagree that Clare does not feel a strong bond towards humans. In general, perhaps that answer is yes, but she never stops searching for Raki, despite the attitude her comrades take regarding her plight. Even when others seem certain that he must be dead, Clare stubbornly refuses to believe he is gone and I believe would have/will continue to search for him even if/she does manage by some unbelievable force, to kill Pricilla. I think though that Raki will be there somehow for that end fight, although I hope it goes down differently then how seems to be getting set up for. Also, when Clare returns to Robona, she is adamant that no one else will die and sets her sights on destroying the AB there seemingly only due to this threat.

Now, on to the blob....

I personally hope that there is some kind of mental battle but not a definitive one, as in one wins, one dies, both / all die etc. All would be terrible plot outcomes in my opinion, especially with the future promise of the dragons; I for one want to see Pricilla kick some ass in that direction as well or just in general since so far we haven't gotten to see too much of her uber-ass-kicking abilities and i can't help but think that she must have some even better moves that just ripping her opponents in shreds with one bare hand. Every time I reread the arcs that show Rafaela, Rubel and Teresa after the Rafaela / Luciella incident, I can't help but feel that there is more going on there then is easily discerned (or at least hope so). If Clare has a "soul-link" with Rafaela / Luciella / Destroyer, who is it that she is connecting to?? I have reread the section where Rafaela, a recluse with completely suppressed yoki, is somehow located by Teresa in the forests near where she resides (whilst still being an unfinished trainee and no doubt still developing). If Teresa did have a PYSA ability, wouldn't she need some YR to locate Rafaela in the first place, unless there is an untold connection between the two?

Much as Clare has some of Teresa's flesh residing in her, I have thought that Teresa must have had a connection to Rafaela, either by birth or inserted later by the organisation. This would explain a lot, including Clare's link to the Destroyer and the fact that although the Destroyer seemingly absorbs / kills anything it touches, Clare is incorporated within the being as a conscious being / shared conscious being, and changes the goal to contain Pricilla rather than killing her. Plus Teresa being all round uber as Rafaela is probably the only other warrior we witness who seems similar in both uberness and non-yoki release.

My hope is that the connection is somehow there, Yagi to provide epic details later and that Clare/Destroyer share memories and somehow convince Pricilla into a temporary truce to kill remaining org and track down these dragons, leaving their epic battle to a later undisclosed date and terrible plot of org to be fully understood by the readers. Of course Pricilla would not be taken in by the reasoning of saving humanity, but maybe saving it from its current masters so that new ones can take over .... Clare of course biding her time to take her down before the very end...

Anywho, thanks to anyone who reads, sorry again for bringing up an old thread
    J

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga suggests the contrary, old claymores are stronger:

Isley, Teresa or Priscilla are probably unbeatable by new claymore's generation.
    Miria is also extremly powerful.
    Galatea kept a fight with nº4 miata (which has a yoki level near nº1) and awakened nº2 Agasa.

I think Sophia, Irene and Noel are very powerful as well, but they have been shown fighting against Teresa, this makes them look weaker than they really are.

Btw, I think there's only two claymores that are clearly more powerful than their old homologues: to me Alicia and Beth are more powerful than Rafaela and Luciela.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Alicia and Beth were engineered to destroy AB like Riful, so it would make sense that they are stronger. The first time you see Riful's awakened form, Alicia and her trainer are watching and it is mentioned that she in not yet strong enough to defeat her. Its mentioned that they will begin to increase her speed and power bit by bit over time to make her stronger.

Generally though, I'd say the older a claymore manages to get / survive to, the stronger they become, much like the decendants of dragons. Mainly I suppose because they have time to hone their skills and learn new ones. There must be a point though where a person stops gaining more power, perhaps once you awaken you cannot gain any further power then what you had as a claymore + reaching your full potential. But if you half awaken like Miria etc you can continue to gain power...?

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Clare miria and the rest of the half awakened ghost's became much stronger after half awakening and continued to grow stronger afterwards.
    So yes claymore's CAN gain more power even after half awakening

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3